the quantum eraser and double slit experiment....

deadskinmask

the quantum eraser and double slit experiment....

Unread post by deadskinmask »

i watch alot of science stuff (actual science not 'hey. look. we went to the moon but we forgot how').... i found this interesting as fuck.... i've seen the longer videos explaining this but this one is pretty basic and easy to follow. its pieced together from various sources and i think its something worth watching.... :(

is that not weird as fuck? feel free to comment.... :(

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
soon

Re: the quantum eraser and double slit experiment....

Unread post by soon »

the double slit experiment proves almost beyond a doubt that by watching an experiment we actually influence it.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
deadskinmask

soon wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 11:54 the double slit experiment proves almost beyond a doubt that by watching an experiment we actually influence it.
it does and i'm absolutely fascinated by it. do you think time travel is a possibility? i think they're trying to weaponize it, to be honest.... :(

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
soon

Unread post by soon »

back and forth time travel would only bee possible in a single universe scenario. problem is time travel opens up the possibility of multiple universes.

deadskinmask

soon wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 12:10problem is time travel opens up the possibility of multiple universes.
but theres also the possibility that (just like in the experiment) it would behave as one, if it were observed.... :(

soon

Unread post by soon »

p.s. i just remembered the tv show continuum! if you've never seen it's worth a watch for a riff on bubble gum culture time travel theories.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i would think it would have to be a shared experience in order to make it concrete.
deadskinmask wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 12:13
soon wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 12:10problem is time travel opens up the possibility of multiple universes.
but theres also the possibility that (just like in the experiment) it would behave as one, if it were observed.... :(

deadskinmask

soon wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 12:16 i would think it would have to be a shared experience in order to make it concrete.
deadskinmask wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 12:13
do you think the Mandella Effect could be a possible trickle-down from a successful experiment? or do you even believe in it?

soon

Unread post by soon »

i absolutely believe the evidence is there for the mandella effect to bee true. it's not only a collective hypnosis but also a time travel showcase.

deadskinmask

i used to not believe in the Mandella Effect.... now i absolutely do.... could this be another example of the Mandella Effect??? :D

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

soon wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 12:10 back and forth time travel would only bee possible in a single universe scenario. problem is time travel opens up the possibility of multiple universes.
Last night I read a multi-verse story called The Goat Variations by Jeff Vander Meer where a US president is sitting in a classroom and his aide whispers in his ear that NY is under attack.... but it's an alien attack... it's a chemical attack... it's a Christian fundy attack.... it's a Russian attack.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
deadskinmask

Looky Lou wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 13:12
soon wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 12:10 back and forth time travel would only bee possible in a single universe scenario. problem is time travel opens up the possibility of multiple universes.
Last night I read a multi-verse story called The Goat Variations by Jeff Vander Meer where a US president is sitting in a classroom and his aide whispers in his ear that NY is under attack.... but it's an alien attack... it's a chemical attack... it's a Christian fundy attack.... it's a Russian attack.
that sounds interesting as shit. was it good? i'm planning a trip to town soon and would like to get it if its worth the effort.... :(

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

If you have interest in time travel, I suggest picking-up The Time Travelers Almanac edited by Ann and Jeff Vander-Meer.

An awesome collection of short stories that span a whole century divided in three sections: experiments, communiqués and maze and traps.

It's a huge 65-story anthology and might fetch a price.

If you can pickup Robert Silverberg's Up The Line.... that was a fun time travel short story about a time travel tourist guide who gets caught-up in his own temptations while visiting the past. Lol.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
Markus

Unread post by Markus »

Regular paperback Sci-Fi anthologies are cheap in used book stores... but there are many to choose from, usually. So better have a dedicated topic in mind.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
Markus

Unread post by Markus »

Also, check-out Duncan Jones (son of David Bowie) movie called Sourcecode with Jake Gyllenhaal.. multiple timelines and universes co-existing...

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
soon

Unread post by soon »

love this quote.

edit: gave way to great voices.
"By his own example and by his instruction and by his undeviating and persisting insistence, he forced first Astounding and then all science fiction into his mold. He abandoned the earlier orientation of the field. He demolished the stock characters who had filled it; eradicated the penny dreadful plots; extirpated the Sunday-supplement science. In a phrase, he blotted out the purple of pulp. Instead, he demanded that science-fiction writers understand science and understand people, a hard requirement that many of the established writers of the 1930s could not meet. Campbell did not compromise because of that: those who could not meet his requirements could not sell to him, and the carnage was as great as it had been in Hollywood a decade before, while silent movies had given way to the talkies."

- isaac asimov (perhaps the single most prolific sci-fi writer ever?)

soon

Unread post by soon »

in one particular universe 5 writers got together and isaac asimov was produced as a result.

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

soon wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 14:25 in one particular universe 5 writers got together and isaac asimov was produced as a result.

:D

I read Varley's Steel Beach a few decades ago and really enjoyed the idea of a bored, depressed and suicidal central computer toying with mankind. :D

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
soon

Unread post by soon »

i like varley's barbie murders and blue champagne. i found his stuff funny but bittersweet. which was totally in my wheelhouse when i discovered him.

i'm also a huge fan of frederick pohl. his original gateway is imho the best time travel story ever written.

soon

Unread post by soon »

oh and of course i will never forget heinlein's time enough for love. which was a huge ass novel of interconnected short stories about the long lived lazarus long.

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

So many good stories so little time.... :D

Asimov has got to be the king of sci-fi short stories.

An Aussie writer by the name of Greg Egan has put-out an awesome collection of nanotech short stories called Axiomatic. He's published full novels as well but my personal preference is for short stories.

He also contributed a short story in a small anthology called Nanotech which displays the potential nightmares associated with the development and everyday use of nanotechnology.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
deadskinmask

Looky Lou wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 13:33 Regular paperback Sci-Fi anthologies are cheap in used book stores... but there are many to choose from, usually. So better have a dedicated topic in mind.
made a list of the titles here but couldn't find what i was looking for.... ended up with a bag full of Forgotten Realms books. its cool though. i liked Dungeons And Dragons as a kid.... never played much. just found the rulebooks and companion guides to be interesting.... :D

soon

Unread post by soon »

i've been reading they'll be making frederick pohl's gateway into a tv series. one way they could go is to have a gruesome opening death scene ala six feet under. or perhaps a shot of the aftermath of a mission gone wrong with flashbacks to the actual nightmarish death scene. then a rewind to the story of the last few days before the mission, blah, blah, blah. this is the scify channel after all.

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

deadskinmask wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 05:10 made a list of the titles here but couldn't find what i was looking for.... ended up with a bag full of Forgotten Realms books. its cool though. i liked Dungeons And Dragons as a kid.... never played much. just found the rulebooks and companion guides to be interesting.... :D
Nice.

Never was in Fantasy stuff myself... gnomes, spells, sorcerers and such. Never seen LOTR until recently and had to be tied-down to watch it.

I'd never heard of the double-slit experiment and been looking into it.
Still unsure of what the test concludes at... except maybe we humans still don't understand jack.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
deadskinmask

Looky Lou wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 09:51I'd never heard of the double -slit experiment and been looking into it.
Still unsure of what the test concludes at... except maybe we humans still don't understand jack.
i've watched 4 different vids about it and the best i can come up with is that electrons will behave differently under observation.... so much so that even behaviors observed afterward are altered prior to observation.... really weird shit... :(

there are some things i wanna discuss about quarks and the god particle too.... but i'm trying to find Readers Digest type videos to condense it into a smaller presentation.... :(

soon

Unread post by soon »

maybe a single light proton carries the whole shebang just like a hologram.

deadskinmask

soon wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 15:12 maybe a single light proton carries the whole shebang just like a hologram.
if the Silver Surfer and Iron Man teamed up, would they be allies or alloys?

soon

Unread post by soon »

i don't get it ^^ is that some kind of bad joke?

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

deadskinmask wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 16:11 if the Silver Surfer and Iron Man teamed up, would they be allies or alloys?

If only if they foundry-son to team-up.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
deadskinmask

Looky Lou wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 16:57
deadskinmask wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 16:11
soon wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 15:12 maybe a single light proton carries the whole shebang just like a hologram.
if the Silver Surfer and Iron Man teamed up, would they be allies or alloys?
If only if they foundry-son to team-up.
i knew i smelt bullshit.... :D