When going to a restaurant, how much do you think you should pay for Breakfast?

Poll ended at 16 Mar 2017, 13:13

$2
No votes
$3
No votes
$4
No votes
$5
No votes
$6
No votes
$10
75%
$10-15
No votes
$15-20
25%
$20 and up
No votes
I don't know
No votes

Total votes: 4

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

...I went out to an eating establishment today, and they were asking $15 for an eggs benedict.

So I calculated that out, and with tax, that was like $16 with tax ($12 USD) , and a tip, which might have made the final bill something like $17 or $18. So, after thinking about the final tab, I decided to go somewhere else. and the other place changed $13 for the same dish, and with a tip and tax, the final bill came out to less than what the other place was charging for its base price. So, that saved a bit.

I don't usually go out for breakfast, but it got me thinking...how much should a person pay to have a breakfast meal in Canada or the United States? Even the $13 I paid seemed a bit, high, but then it was a complete meal with wild salmon thrown in. Still, it was quite expensive as some lunch meals that are larger are cheaper. I figger breakfast isn't traditionally thought of as a big meal. One place I go to charges just $6 for an early bird breakkie, but that's if you wake up early enough and your hunger pangs are there to eat a big meal at that time in the morning.

so...how much do you pay if and when you go out for breakfast? $3? $4? $10? $15? $20 or more?

Look forward to hearing your replies as to what breakfast costs around the world and how much people are willing to pay where you're from.

Lochdubh

Re: When going to a restaurant, how much do you think you should pay for Breakfast?

Unread post by Lochdubh »

At the double T diner I'd expect to pay about ten US plus tip (20%). I can prepare the same meal at home for about half that. :cool:

3 egg omelet(te) with corned beef hash unlimited cups of coffee, rye toast.

www.doubletdiner.com/menu/default.aspx

asal

Re: When going to a restaurant, how much do you think you should pay for Breakfast?

Unread post by asal »

$15-20, depending. There's a place on Kingsway that has Hong Kong style breakfast for less than $10.

Get in on it.
Scooter

Unread post by Scooter »

I'd pay $10 for a hearty breakfast. Any more than that, I'm looking for a decent lunch.
Lochdubh wrote: 11 Mar 2017, 12:37 At the double T diner I'd expect to pay about ten US plus tip (20%). I can prepare the same meal at home for about half that. :cool:

3 egg omelet(te) with corned beef hash unlimited cups of coffee, rye toast.

www.doubletdiner.com/menu/default.aspx
This place sounds familiar. It seems to me that there used to be one in Lutherville-Timonium. A friend of mine used to live nearby but it's not listed on their site and I can't find a similar diner on a map. Anyway, it was a great place to stop after a night out or for a hangover breakfast the next morning.

roll me up and smoke me when I die
Munday

Unread post by Munday »

7-8 bucks maximum....$12 at the buffet otherwise I'll eat at home

This poster strongly disavows any knowledge about any subject and furthermore takes no responsibility for any comments posted under the name of Munday.
deadskinmask

Unread post by deadskinmask »

can't beat 'home cooking'.... i rarely ever eat out.... :(

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....