axe and knife
No votes
other
36%

Total votes: 11

deadskinmask

mmmmmmm.... brains....

Unread post by deadskinmask »

we know its coming. the zombie apocalypse is just around the corner. what weapon combo do you think is your best chance to survive? guns are great till they're empty. melee is effective till you run outta steam.... you got two hands so make em count.... i left the voting open so you may change your vote but only one choice per voter.... :(

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
asal

Re: mmmmmmm.... brains....

Unread post by asal »

Gun and knife because knives are small and portable. The zombie apocalypse is just around the corner?

Get in on it.
deadskinmask

shovel and axe for me. axes can be used to wedge doors that dont lock. shovels can pry things without keys. and both can bust a head wide open.... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
deadskinmask

asal wrote: 27 May 2017, 17:54The zombie apocalypse is just around the corner?
well.... yeah.... since its not here yet.... experience has taught me everything thats not here is coming up. be prepared.... :(

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Diatomaceous earth. :tongue:

Hi....I'm new here....I think. =))))

asal

Unread post by asal »

deadskinmask wrote: 27 May 2017, 17:59 shovel and axe for me. axes can be used to wedge doors that dont lock. shovels can pry things without keys. and both can bust a head wide open.... :D
I'm still thinking I don't want to carry around an ax and a shovel. If you have to abandon one then you just have one or the other. Also, the zombie must be within a handle length to physically stop them.

Get in on it.
deadskinmask

mimi wrote: 27 May 2017, 20:44 Diatomaceous earth. :tongue:

Hi....I'm new here....I think. =))))
:D :D :D

deadskinmask

asal wrote: 28 May 2017, 00:40
deadskinmask wrote: 27 May 2017, 17:59 shovel and axe for me. axes can be used to wedge doors that dont lock. shovels can pry things without keys. and both can bust a head wide open.... :D
I'm still thinking I don't want to carry around an ax and a shovel. If you have to abandon one then you just have one or the other. Also, the zombie must be within a handle length to physically stop them.
shovels and axes perform tasks that can't be accomplished as well with other tools.... not to mention versatility.... for example, i can skin game with an axe.... guns only have one function.... thats not to say i wouldn't use one. my house is full of guns. but in a survival scenario, there are loads of additional problems that need to be solved.... a shovel and axe will always be the first things i pack to travel.... :(

asal

Unread post by asal »

deadskinmask wrote: 28 May 2017, 04:00
asal wrote: 28 May 2017, 00:40
shovels and axes perform tasks that can't be accomplished as well with other tools.... not to mention versatility.... for example, i can skin game with an axe.... guns only have one function.... thats not to say i wouldn't use one. my house is full of guns. but in a survival scenario, there are loads of additional problems that need to be solved.... a shovel and axe will always be the first things i pack to travel.... :(
You know better than me. Nothing can replace an ax well.

Get in on it.
Scooter

Unread post by Scooter »

Gun and knife, preferably a longer knife like a machete or a sword, even. An axe sounds appealing but it would have to be smaller and lighter (almost like a longer hatchet) so I could wield it with one hand. The point is to have a useable weapon in each hand, right? Shovels and axes are typically two-handed tools.

roll me up and smoke me when I die
deadskinmask

Scooter wrote: 28 May 2017, 12:32 Gun and knife, preferably a longer knife like a machete or a sword, even. An axe sounds appealing but it would have to be smaller and lighter (almost like a longer hatchet) so I could wield it with one hand. The point is to have a useable weapon in each hand, right? Shovels and axes are typically two-handed tools.
lol. i didn't actually mean fighting head to head and with both hands simultaneously.... i just meant what would you grab for the road.... :D

Scooter

Unread post by Scooter »

Well, I sure as fuck wouldn't grab a shovel. WTF am I going to do with a shovel? Plant some flowers? More likely, dig my own grave. LOL

roll me up and smoke me when I die
deadskinmask

Scooter wrote: 28 May 2017, 13:16 Well, I sure as fuck wouldn't grab a shovel. WTF am I going to do with a shovel? Plant some flowers? More likely, dig my own grave. LOL
you think when things go bad, zombies are you're only problem? lol. ppl are pure idiots on a good day. nevermind the added pressure of a survival scenario.... shovels can dig foxholes for sleeping or stashing surplus. buried food lasts longer because its not exposed to direct sunlight. water can be found almost anywhere after a few feet of digging.... and you can build a fire in a ventilated pit to avoid giving away your position to would-be thieves and raiders.... :(

deadskinmask

violence is only a solution for ppl who aren't clever enough to sort out a sensible option.... :(

asal

Unread post by asal »

Wouldn't a good stick make a passable shovel? How far down is water?

If the zombies come to where I live ... I probably won't be able or need to dig for water. For one reason, it rains all the time. Also I don't think we have underground water.

Get in on it.
deadskinmask

asal wrote: 28 May 2017, 16:26 Wouldn't a good stick make a passable shovel? How far down is water?

If the zombies come to where I live ... I probably won't be able or need to dig for water. For one reason, it rains all the time. Also I don't think we have underground water.
sticks don't have a bladed head. you would spend too much energy just to move a tiny bit of dirt. its probably quicker just digging with your hands. collecting rain water is fine too, if you can filter it or distill it.... we have water at 5 foot or less. plants are a good indicator.... but regardless.... 'fighting zombies' is not the biggest concern during a zombie apocalypse.... :D

asal

Unread post by asal »

deadskinmask wrote: 28 May 2017, 16:36
asal wrote: 28 May 2017, 16:26 Wouldn't a good stick make a passable shovel? How far down is water?

sticks don't have a bladed head. you would spend too much energy just to move a tiny bit of dirt. its probably quicker just digging with your hands. collecting rain water is fine too, if you can filter it or distill it.... we have water at 5 foot or less. plants are a good indicator.... but regardless.... 'fighting zombies' is not the biggest concern during a zombie apocalypse.... :D
With the stick I'm thinking to get one that's kind of thick and hollowed out on the end. I'm a cheap skate. If there is a zombie apocalypse there will probably be a lot of sheds around with dead owners.

Get in on it.
deadskinmask

asal wrote: 28 May 2017, 18:06
deadskinmask wrote: 28 May 2017, 16:36

With the stick I'm thinking to get one that's kind of thick and hollowed out on the end. I'm a cheap skate. If there is a zombie apocalypse there will probably be a lot of sheds around with dead owners.
there will probably be alot of everything with dead owners.... :(

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

I think a zombie apocalypse is not possible.

:purdy:
9 incher/160 IQ

Unread post by 9 incher/160 IQ »

I carry a small pepper spray and knife I can flip open with one hand. They are with me at all times. One in each front pants pocket. The knife on the side of my more powerful arm and the pepper spray on the other. Both are always arranged to use quickly and efficiently.

Fuc# 0ff.
Niganonymous

Unread post by Niganonymous »

Edward wrote: 03 Jul 2017, 20:26 I carry a small pepper spray and knife I can flip open with one hand. They are with me at all times. One in each front pants pocket. The knife on the side of my more powerful arm and the pepper spray on the other. Both are always arranged to use quickly and efficiently.
Wow! You are like Indiana Jones!!!!

Edward wrote: 22 Nov 2015, 17:16 I just got my residential school lawsuit settlement money. 1.2 million dollars. How much are houses cost in haiida gwai?
Odinson wrote: 23 May 2019, 17:13 Dobby kinda looks like Eddie.
Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

Any weapon that can double as a tool would me key.

Semen