did we really go? lol. ok, then....

do you honestly believe we went to the moon?

yes - and i've watched the video and looked at the facts....
56%
no - and i've watched the video and looked at the facts....
44%
yes - because i've never watched the video and looked at the facts....
No votes
no - because i don't need to watch the video and look at the facts....
No votes
yes - because they said we did and i believe what ppl tell me....
No votes
no - because they said we did and i never believe what ppl tell me....
No votes

Total votes: 16

Mad Serb

Re: did we really go? lol. ok, then....

Unread post by Mad Serb »

your guess is correct.

How large is earth, and to end?

Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

384,4kilometres..

Seriously... It aint that far..

You can get there via car if you drive like 40km/h for a year. :D

deadskinmask

Unread post by deadskinmask »

Mad Serb wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 11:54 your guess is correct.

which guess? because 238,000 miles is what science says. my guess is a few thousand miles (probably 4 or 5)....

as a ball? 8,000 miles clean through. 25,000 around according to science. why?

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
asal

Unread post by asal »

Closer and smaller. How in the world does it work? re: the sun is closer and smaller than the moon

Get in on it.
deadskinmask

whelpy part two.... :)

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
asal

Unread post by asal »

whelpy revised :cool:

Get in on it.
Mad Serb

deadskinmask wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 12:07

which guess? because 238,000 miles is what science says. my guess is a few thousand miles (probably 4 or 5)....

If the earth is 8000 miles across, and moon if few thousands miles away, how come apparent the size of the moon in the sky is the same, no matter from which point you look at? This is only possible if distance moon-earth is much larger than distance between places we observe moon from

P.S. "Your guess" refers to your guess about my vote

deadskinmask

asal wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 12:08 Closer and smaller. How in the world does it work? re: the sun is closer and smaller than the moon
goddammit. make up your fuckin mind. you whelpy'd your question so i whelpy'd my quote and answer.... now you're back.... if this is a real question, tell me. if not then delete this... :mad:

asal

Unread post by asal »

How does the sun work? What is the sun?

Get in on it.
deadskinmask

Mad Serb wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 12:13
deadskinmask wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 12:07

If the earth is 8000 miles across, and moon if few thousands miles away, how come apparent the size of the moon in the sky is the same, no matter from which point you look at? This is only possible if distance moon-earth is much larger than distance between places we observe moon from

P.S. "Your guess" refers to your guess about my vote
do you know anything about a flat earth map? have you looked at one? have you watched how everything makes more sense on one.... i'm guessing 'no' because you are sheep. doesn't matter to you what the opposing opinion is, you just stand by what the government says.... :(

deadskinmask

asal wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 12:19 How does the sun work? What is the sun?
why don't yall look into it? seems like a fun hobby.... :)

Mad Serb

I am just asking, I now a bit or two about geometry

Scooter

Unread post by Scooter »

asal wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 12:08 Closer and smaller. How in the world does it work? re: the sun is closer and smaller than the moon
I think he's trying to say that the moon is closer and smaller than what we are led to believe and so is the sun, NOT that the sun is closer and smaller than the moon.

Third Stone From The Sun is what we are. We're in a magical place. Any closer or farther away from the sun, the Earth would be unlivable.

roll me up and smoke me when I die
deadskinmask

Mad Serb wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 13:23 I am just asking, I now a bit or two about geometry
ok. well.... why does polaris remain absolutely fixed to our position all year long? why does the sun get smaller and dimmer as it 'goes down' as opposed to a terminator line? how does the 'earths spins and rotations' keep us absolutely fixed in place despite the proven fact that spinning and rotating repels everything? why is the moon completely capable of blocking out the sun despite this allegedly vast size discrepancy?

deadskinmask

Scooter wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 13:26
I think he's trying to say that the moon is closer and smaller than what we are led to believe and so is the sun, NOT that the sun is closer and smaller than the moon.

Third Stone From The Sun is what we are. We're in a magical place. Any closer or farther away from the sun, the Earth would be unlivable.
i saw it. i thought it was a troll question. then she whelpy'd it so i was sure it was and she didn't wanna be 'that person'.... :D

Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

deadskinmask wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 13:32
Mad Serb wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 13:23 I am just asking, I now a bit or two about geometry
ok. well.... why does polaris remain absolutely fixed to our position all year long? why does the sun get smaller and dimmer as it 'goes down' as opposed to a terminator line? how does the 'earths spins and rotations' keep us absolutely fixed in place despite the proven fact that spinning and rotating repels everything? why is the moon completely capable of blocking out the sun despite this allegedly vast size discrepancy?
Why is your hand capable of blocking you from seeing the entire universe despite this allegedly vast size discrepancy?

deadskinmask

Odinson wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 13:40
Why is your hand capable of blocking you from seeing the entire universe despite this allegedly vast size discrepancy?
thats a ridiculous question because something immediately impairing your vision is alot different than a coincidence of the proportion we're discussing.... like how we're magically in the goldilock zone to sustain life.... :(

Mad Serb

ok. well.... why does polaris remain absolutely fixed to our position all year long?
Because it is is about 20,000,000 times further away than extreme points of earth's orbit, thus making it practically static wrt earth
why does the sun get smaller and dimmer as it 'goes down' as opposed to a terminator line?
Not use I understood the question - when Sun goes "down", light has to go thru more atmosphere (hundreds vs tens of kms at noon)
how does the 'earths spins and rotations' keep us absolutely fixed in place despite the proven fact that spinning and rotating repels everything?
Centripetal force is dwarfed by earth's gravity. Effect you are talking about visible on Saturn due to very fast rotation. We already talked about this
why is the moon completely capable of blocking out the sun despite this allegedly vast size discrepancy?
For the same reason a small tree can block view of large building far away.

Are you kidding me? I truly believe you are troll

asal

Unread post by asal »

off the cuff, if you put water in a bucket and spin it around it isn't repelled.

why is the moon capable of blocking the sun - because it's close to us. Place your finger in front of a distant object and you will block it out.

why does the sun get smaller and dimmer at sunset, I've never heard of that. It keeps the same diameter. We're rotating out of being able to see the sun. Maybe it's perceived to be smaller, but it's not.

Get in on it.
deadskinmask

Mad Serb wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 13:44
ok. well.... why does polaris remain absolutely fixed to our position all year long?
Because it is is about 20,000,000 times further away than extreme points of earth's orbit, thus making it practically static wrt earth
why does the sun get smaller and dimmer as it 'goes down' as opposed to a terminator line?
Not use I understood the question - when Sun goes "down", light has to go thru more atmosphere (hundreds vs tens of kms at noon)
how does the 'earths spins and rotations' keep us absolutely fixed in place despite the proven fact that spinning and rotating repels everything?
Centripetal force is dwarfed by earth's gravity. Effect you are talking about visible on Saturn due to very fast rotation. We already talked about this
why is the moon completely capable of blocking out the sun despite this allegedly vast size discrepancy?
For the same reason a small tree can block view of large building far away.

Are you kidding me? I truly believe you are troll
these same ppl who provided this information will tell you how many layers of earth there are. how deep they are. and what their made of. are you aware of any of that?

deadskinmask

asal wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 13:46
off the cuff, if you put water in a bucket and spin it around it isn't repelled.

why is the moon capable of blocking the sun - because it's close to us. Place your finger in front of a distant object and you will block it out.

why does the sun get smaller and dimmer at sunset, I've never heard of that. It keeps the same diameter. We're rotating out of being able to see the sun. Maybe it's perceived to be smaller, but it's not.
so you think we're in a bucket? thats gonna be a harder sell than flat earth. good luck.... :D

the sun gets measurably smaller and dimmer.... :(

Mad Serb

these same ppl who provided this information will tell you how many layers of earth there are. how deep they are. and what their made of. are you aware of any of that?
Yes, there are reasonably accurate methods to investigate earth internal structure. Think of X-ray machine, vivisection validates bone scan image

deadskinmask

Mad Serb wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 13:53
Yes, there are reasonably accurate methods to investigate earth internal structure. Think of X-ray machine, vivisection validates bone scan image
that xrays 4,000 miles? even though we've never dug further than 7? and they can give you an accurate figure? so much so that they call it a fact and make you learn it? lol. and where did they validate this magic x-ray machine? is there another 25,000 mile ball they tested this on?

Mad Serb

deadskinmask wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 13:59 that xrays 4,000 miles? even though we've never dug further than 7? and they can give you an accurate figure? so much so that they call it a fact and make you learn it? lol. and where did they validate this magic x-ray machine? is there another 25,000 mile ball they tested this on?
X-ray is an analogy
Scientists use shock waves and measure echo (reflections) from different places on earth, combine data and get reasonably good idea about internal structure
Earth diameter is about 12,500 km
Over and Out, for good this time. You are either troll or ignorant. Either way, waste of time talking to you on this subject

deadskinmask

Mad Serb wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 14:09
deadskinmask wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 13:59 that xrays 4,000 miles? even though we've never dug further than 7? and they can give you an accurate figure? so much so that they call it a fact and make you learn it? lol. and where did they validate this magic x-ray machine? is there another 25,000 mile ball they tested this on?
X-ray is an analogy
Scientists use shock waves and measure echo (reflections) from different places on earth, combine data and get reasonably good idea about internal structure
Earth diameter is about 12,500 km
Over and Out, for good this time. You are either troll or ignorant. Either way, waste of time talking to you on this subject
i'm just curious where they've compared their facts. like how they know based on shock waves and echos. even though 7 miles is the furthest we've been.... surely theres a control subject that validates this.... just like all these stars that are billions and billions of miles away. they have admitted we can't leave low earth orbit but they're certain of these distances.... how? thats my purely logical question.... :(

Mad Serb

They are reasonably certain. If you explode large charge on the surface, echoes will start to come back whenever discrepancy in density exists. Based on timing scientist postulate approximate depth of discrepancy. They repeat this at another position (another continent) and compare maps. Now they are a bit closer. And so on, after multiple iterations, they will have quite nice map.
Waves travel on straight line, unless there is gradual change in density that is not in line of wave propagation. If there is, waves will curve towards denser area. Based on this and, they can reconstruct density map.
Longitudinal waves (oscillations are in line with wave propagation) travel thru solid and liquid.
Transversal (English word?) waves (oscillations are perpendicular to wave propagation) do not travel thru liquid. Based on this, it is possible to determine which layer is solid, which liquid.

deadskinmask

in other words they're guessing but they repeat it enough to make it a fact. because any other theories that can't be tested or proven is called psudo-science.... so if they don't have a control and they don't have proof, then its not really a fact.... is it?

deadskinmask

there are places i've been to and so i know how far they are. based on that i can determine other distances.... but we've not even been to the moon so i'm sceptical they can name off lightyears as a measurable distance.... :(

Mad Serb

No, with each next experiment they are a bit closer, data converge. If they do not, ether test method has a flaw or initial hypothesis is incorrect.
Scientists test behaviour of solids under extreme pressures in the lab. These results agree with results of earth's structure tests, this is another confirmation. Then earth's mass calculated during astronomical observations agrees with mass calculated by investigating internal structure (layers, density and speed of sound etc). All these data converge to the same value.
On the other hand, what proofs do you have for flat earth?
Most of your arguments are misunderstanding, misinterpretation or outright ignorance. No serious scientist would waste time replying to you. Only mad people do.

deadskinmask

i don't care who replies. it not really a turn-based strategy game. i see the source of all this information as fuckin liars and i'm willing to discard all of it. i only play back and forth with yall so that hopefully yall will wake up to the same conclusion.... we don't know shit.... we got guys telling us whats inside of things they couldn't possibly fuckin know. telling us how far away shit is that they couldn't possibly fuckin know. and telling us the shape of the world and how fast its spinning and rotating that they couldn't possibly know. the michaelson morley experiment was a failure till einstien invented a loophole. thats how 'science' works.... einstien saved the globe.... but do you know who einstien credits as the worlds smartest man? nikola tesla. a flat earther.... :(