You may select 1 option

View results

J0E

Sochi rolls out Olympic Mascots...

Unread post by J0E »

Sochi chooses 3 mascots for 2014 Olympics
February 26, 2011 5:28 PM | No Comments
Tribune News Services

MOSCOW -- Sochi's mascots for the 2014 Winter Olympics are a rad snowboarding snow leopard, a squeaky-voiced figure skating bunny and an earnest, slightly dorky polar bear.

The unusual decision to have three mascots was announced by Sochi organizing committee head Dmitry Chernyshenko on Saturday at the end of a nationally televised gala to choose them.

How they compare with Vancouver's:

voodoo

Re: Sochi rolls out Olympic Mascots...

Unread post by voodoo »

i still haven't a clue how we ended up with such crazy looking mascots.

ain't nothing but a trick to me
John Cena

Unread post by John Cena »

Oh, so Sochi is a city. I kept hearing people radioing about Sochi house while working the Olympics last year.

Hornung

Unread post by Hornung »

Anything is way better than the 2012 Olympic Mascots for London. What were they thinking?

Josey

Unread post by Josey »

They better han Vancouvers ethnic mascots

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

Josey wrote:They better han Vancouvers ethnic mascots
I wondered why they all had Japanese names and looked like Japanimation.

'Quatchi' is slang for a sensation that a woman has between her legs when she gets turned on.

bill barilko

Unread post by bill barilko »

They look Russian-all they need a is a bottle of cheap Vodka in their paws.

'The past is never dead. It's not even past' William Faulkner
J0E

Unread post by J0E »

bill barilko wrote:They look Russian-all they need a is a bottle of cheap Vodka in their paws.
LOL! so you think they should all look drunk, eh?

bill barilko

Unread post by bill barilko »

Jo wrote:
bill barilko wrote:They look Russian-all they need a is a bottle of cheap Vodka in their paws.
Life expectancy for Russian males is under 60 yo-simply because alcoholism is endemic.

'The past is never dead. It's not even past' William Faulkner
J0E

Unread post by J0E »

bill barilko wrote:
Jo wrote:
Life expectancy for Russian males is under 60 yo-simply because alcoholism is endemic.
Yeah, I hear that's part of the reason why they're turning into an Muslim nation, cuz the Muslims there don't drink and the Russians do. So the Muslims live a lot longer.

Josey

Unread post by Josey »

Jo wrote:
bill barilko wrote: Life expectancy for Russian males is under 60 yo-simply because alcoholism is endemic.
Yeah, I hear that's part of the reason why they're turning into an Muslim nation, cuz the Muslims there don't drink and the Russians do. So the Muslims live a lot longer.
They drink Vodka neat? and it burns your throat :cursing:

yorkcountykid

Unread post by yorkcountykid »

brand new day wrote:i still haven't a clue how we ended up with such crazy looking mascots.
i agree, i'm sure it was liberals that made the decision. geez, saasqhaches are white fffs.

ConanDoyle
Location: The Very Beautiful, Southern Okanagan Valley/Gods Country

Unread post by ConanDoyle »

ours were designed by the Chinese and boy do they look like it..pretty bad! So childish.Something right out an Asian comic book.So sad when Canada is considered one of the best designer nations in the world we turn to Chinese designs.So many good design teams here in Canada and we picked amateurish crap. I wonder how she was selected..a family member of the board no doubt, not by talent [hahaha wot talent] itself..its who you know I guess...we failed to wow the world in our greatest moment, big time. Typically Canadian I guess..we allowed mediocrity and favor to usurp our good judgement.

"dont adjust the world the problem is only temporal"...and, [a mind is like a parachute, it works best when opened.]
Tatertot

Unread post by Tatertot »

Their mascots are so much better than ours!

bleu

Unread post by bleu »

i love the look of the bear:)) too cute:)

voodoo

Unread post by voodoo »

this is still a pretty classic pwn

ain't nothing but a trick to me
Gunta

Unread post by Gunta »

Russias mascots are okay, at least the look like acutal animals. I still have no idea what the fuck our mascots are..I think one is a sasquach...or something. No clue what the black and white one is..looks like a starving retard panda and the one with the hat..a 3 horned owl bear fuck. No clue.

Stereotype is just another word for statistic.

Boss Sky Wizard
J0E

Unread post by J0E »

The former USSR had a mascot in 1980, not unlike the ones it created for Sochi in 2012:

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

ConanDoyle wrote:ours were designed by the Chinese and boy do they look like it..pretty bad! So childish.Something right out an Asian comic book.So sad when Canada is considered one of the best designer nations in the world we turn to Chinese designs.So many good design teams here in Canada and we picked amateurish crap. I wonder how she was selected..a family member of the board no doubt, not by talent [hahaha wot talent] itself..its who you know I guess...we failed to wow the world in our greatest moment, big time. Typically Canadian I guess..we allowed mediocrity and favor to usurp our good judgement.
When Vancouver's official logo came out, it also came under fire as well. The first logo, they produced for its bid was considered better than it's final product. Maybe they didn't use it because the original designer asked for too much money or didn't want to relinquish the rights to it:

...so we gotta logo on a budget that a 4 year old could make up. :D

ConanDoyle
Location: The Very Beautiful, Southern Okanagan Valley/Gods Country

Unread post by ConanDoyle »

Jo wrote:
ConanDoyle wrote:ours were designed by the Chinese and boy do they look like it..pretty bad! So childish.Something right out an Asian comic book.So sad when Canada is considered one of the best designer nations in the world we turn to Chinese designs.So many good design teams here in Canada and we picked amateurish crap. I wonder how she was selected..a family member of the board no doubt, not by talent [hahaha wot talent] itself..its who you know I guess...we failed to wow the world in our greatest moment, big time. Typically Canadian I guess..we allowed mediocrity and favor to usurp our good judgement.
When Vancouver's official logo came out, it also came under fire as well. The first logo, they produced for its bid was considered better than it's final product. Maybe they didn't use it because the original designer asked for too much money or didn't want to relinquish the rights to it:

and our politicians liked "Gumby"..he was adopted by Shanghai also...LOL

...so we gotta logo on a budget that a 4 year old could make up. :D

"dont adjust the world the problem is only temporal"...and, [a mind is like a parachute, it works best when opened.]