coast mountain bus

Register accountRead the forum rules
hookup11

coast mountain bus

Unread post by hookup11 »

hi guys i just passed the strada test :)...now im onto the panel interview..can anyone shed some light with examples of types of questions......ive heard they ask questions about troubled riders, etc..can anyone provide examples to help me prepare....im sure they want a customer oriented applicant...but please post..thanks guys......

John Cena

Re: coast mountain bus

Unread post by John Cena »

Wait for Superchecker. He's a local bus driver here. He can give you a few pointers.

hookup11

superchecker where are you? :)

hookup11

Ok i passed the panel interview and now have just picked up my class 2 learners. The next step is the trainability test. However, i have never driven a large bus before. Do they do a little training before being tested? Or do i just get my air brake course and then i am tested without any practice? I would like to know because i would try to get some training sessions from a school to give me experience and comfort with driving a bus...........?? thanks again......

Bloody Horror

Unread post by Bloody Horror »

A friend of mine has driven for about eight years and when he started he hated the trolleys because of the poles and all the switches at the intersections but now he loves them because he has more time to complete his route than in a diesel. Often as you know, the diesel routes are so tightly timed there is no break at the end of the route if traffic is above average.

hookup11

hey guys i had passed all the tests and this week i am scheduled for my medical exam and i just received a email saying the classes for training are all full. I am so bummed out as i was so excited for this job. Basically if CMB is hiring within the next year they will pick my application off where it was left off. Is there anything i can expect in the next year or so like a do you think there is a chance there will be a need to hire more bus drivers?..and it seems as though if they are not hiring within that year i would have to start all over again, sucks since i spend money on driving lessons and made it through all the nervous interviews..ne ways thanks for your input guys.....

EastVanDude

Unread post by EastVanDude »

2799034014_684cf268e8.jpg
old city transit buses had style and character..they looked like you WANT to just hop on a bus and enjoy the view wherever it went.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

~ People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved, and people are being used.~ ---“Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.”
nd

Unread post by nd »

Hey Hookup,

I received the same email too today. As for me i had my medical clearance already and was hoping to receive an email for my start date. Let us hope for the best.

nd

Unread post by nd »

edit

k.s.ethan

Unread post by k.s.ethan »

The name "Coast Mountain Bus" brings back memories. I did work at a Coast Mountain Bus site. My first time in Vancouver. Arguably the most beautiful big city I've seen in Canada.

Real Man

Unread post by Real Man »

Dat Raw Woman sit on her fat ass all day she might as well drive the furken bus up and down and up and down

Also theres no furken room at the front of the bus for a big bag of shit

The last big bag of shit i had i smoked

Sharlee

Unread post by Sharlee »

hookup11 wrote:hey guys i had passed all the tests and this week i am scheduled for my medical exam and i just received a email saying the classes for training are all full. I am so bummed out as i was so excited for this job. Basically if CMB is hiring within the next year they will pick my application off where it was left off. Is there anything i can expect in the next year or so like a do you think there is a chance there will be a need to hire more bus drivers?..and it seems as though if they are not hiring within that year i would have to start all over again, sucks since i spend money on driving lessons and made it through all the nervous interviews..ne ways thanks for your input guys.....
Gratz on passing the tests and good luck ... hopefully they'll hire you soon. :)

Don't believe everything you think.
hookup11

Yes i will continue to check...seems like a fun place to work..when i was there for my interview i noticed the lcd screen promoting a raffle draw and the winner gets a paid vacation including a week off work and tickets to a hockey game!..the company i work for won't even give me tissue to wipe my own ass......lol

hookup11

hey guys just saw this so maybe the expansion is going through???

http://www.theprovince.com/news/TransLi ... story.html

hookup11

Those are some big numbers...is that a significant increase in the past few years?

hookup11

hey what is a rapid bus that goes over the port man bridge..is that just an ordinary bus with an added route...

another article...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... nding.html

ex-dv

Unread post by ex-dv »

Moved to Employment Forum.

hookup11

Any idea how electricians get paid and if there a lot of ot..........not the high voltage linemen electricians. ?

hookup11

hey any idea how much service electricians get paid....not linemenn (high voltage) and what type of working hours they get??

Chest

Unread post by Chest »

Hi. hoookup

So, I guess there are now three people from this forum stating "application on hold for a year/classes are full" email.
btw, how was you train ability test? What did you have to endure?

Pm me or email me the info would be great thanks

hookup11

Hey Chest. The trainability testing consists of an instructor who gives a 30 minute presentation of what he is looking for. For example, which turning lane to use when turning left, right etc..before light turns green wait a few seconds before accelerating to give your bus and the vehicle in front of you enough distance..how to park the bus.....then he takes you out and goes for a drive while you sit and watch him and then its your turn to carry out all the the things he went over...they are looking to see if you can apply what you have learned.....its not much more to it you just have to be calm and comfortable.....

Chest

Unread post by Chest »

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I would guess this is a 1 on 1 thing and not group style?Where you in the downtown core or did he take you out of there,before you drove?

hookup11

yes it is one one one...one of there facilites is in richmond/vancouver so he took me our around the marine drive knight street area

hookup11

Hehey superchecker.....now that all training classes are full and training is six weeks long...is there a chance a few don't make it through and a need for another class to be scheduled......

hookup11

Hey superchecker......i was set to start training but the audit put my application on hold for a year...i asked human resources if i could be referred for the victoria subsidiarie but she said i would have to apply on my own....so my question is...if applied independently and hired at victoria cmb as an operator and an opportunity opens up in the lower mainland is there a good chance of transferring? Because she mentioned they operate "independently".........

SMP

Unread post by SMP »

hookup11

that suck i really hope that doesn't happen....hey supercheck....how many electricians do you think work at coast mountain bus rich/van???

hookup11

thanks!

hookup11

hey superchecker any info on the operators who got hired and possibly getting layed off??

hookup11

ya thats good to hear....the electricians that work at cmb..the none linemen electrician..what type of maintenance do they do..building etc..any idea....thanks