Woman sues - McDonald's coffee burned my genitals

Register accountRead the forum rules
Gay Boy Roberto

Unread post by Gay Boy Roberto »

A B.C. woman is suing McDonald's Canada after a cup of hot coffee allegedly spilled on her lap and burned her thighs, abdomen and genitals last year.

Surrey resident Nansy Saad claims the coffee's lid came off while a McDonald's employee was passing it to her at a drive-through on Nov. 1, 2011, and the scalding contents fell into her car.

According to a statement of claim filed this month in B.C. Supreme Court, Saad continues to suffer pain and suffering as a result of her injuries, as well as post-traumatic stress disorder and body dysmorphic syndrome.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca ... lumbiaHome

People hate as they love, unreasonably.
- William Makepeace Thackeray
mimi

Re: Woman sues - McDonald's coffee burned my gentials

Unread post by mimi »

I hope she took pictures of her hoo-hoo....she may need them in court. :rolleyes:

John Cena

Re: Woman sues - McDonald's coffee burned my gentials

Unread post by John Cena »

I hope she wins. Think about, what if it happen to you. It would be Mcdonalds fault. Hot coffee burning through your skin. So dangerous.

I experienced something similar. The lid came off while the employee at the theatre concession was passing me my drink. It spilled over my sweater. Luckily, the sweater covered the genital area. I kept my calm, as usual. But my bad attitude friend stepped in and said a few negative words to upset her.

mimi

Re: Woman sues - McDonald's coffee burned my genitals

Unread post by mimi »

This woman hasn't got a burnt leg to stand on. After the last ridiculous sum paid to another clumsy woman became the butt of endless jokes about the stupidity of it all. =)))

Bannie

Unread post by Bannie »

It was a McDonald's employees fault, she should be rewarded with compensation. But if she had spilled it herself then no. Burns hurt like hell and scarring can happen, especially in areas most tender.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Burns are the WORST. But I think if she wants to sue, she should sue whoever did it....not whoever has the deepest pockets.

Munday

Unread post by Munday »

According to a statement of claim filed this month in B.C. Supreme Court, Saad continues to suffer pain and suffering as a result of her injuries, as well as post-traumatic stress disorder and body dysmorphic syndrome.

PTSD..are you fucking kidding me...and what the hell is body dismorphic syndrome......is that like what happens to mimi and bobbb when they try to explain their hatred for wealthy people

This poster strongly disavows any knowledge about any subject and furthermore takes no responsibility for any comments posted under the name of Munday.
Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

Gay Boy Bob wrote:Surrey resident Nansy Saad claims the coffee's lid came off while a McDonald's employee was passing it to her at a drive-through on Nov. 1, 2011, and the scalding contents fell into her car.

This is ridiculous. How do we know that the women in the car took hold of the coffee and perhaps just dropped it in her own lap?

People today, lazy as fuck....go tot he drive thru in a fast food place, get burned by coffee (and it was probably her own fault) and then try to blame it on an employee and sue.

And now she's got post-traumatic stress disorder? What a joke! It's not like she went to war or anything! Please!

people today are such pussies....this case has nothing to do with getting burned at all....it's all about money...and no, she doesn't have "post-traumatic stress disorder and body dysmorphic syndrome" over spilled coffee for fuck's sake....what she needs is a swift kick in the ass and learn how to go into McD's and order a cup of coffee...might help her lazy fat ass.

:purdy:
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Munday wrote:According to a statement of claim filed this month in B.C. Supreme Court, Saad continues to suffer pain and suffering as a result of her injuries, as well as post-traumatic stress disorder and body dysmorphic syndrome.

PTSD..are you fucking kidding me...and what the hell is body dismorphic syndrome......is that like what happens to mimi and bobbb when they try to explain their hatred for wealthy people
Get your stories straight. I've never had a problem with wealthy people. :rolleyes:

Sharlee

Unread post by Sharlee »

mimi wrote:Burns are the WORST. But I think if she wants to sue, she should sue whoever did it....not whoever has the deepest pockets.
If she did that, she'd have to represent herself in court. :)

Don't believe everything you think.
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Exactly. =)))))

Spartacus

Unread post by Spartacus »

I hope they don't lower the temperature of their coffee as a result of this.

SMP

Unread post by SMP »

Yeah. :sneaky:

EU

Unread post by EU »

I blame Harper.

cc la tarte wrote:It pains me to say this bruce, but Mel is apparently a far more effective troll than yourself.
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

If you were at a friend's house, and your dearest friend accidentally spilled coffee on you....would you sue them ? Or vice versa. :ohmy:

EU

Unread post by EU »

in the US that likelihood is greater

cc la tarte wrote:It pains me to say this bruce, but Mel is apparently a far more effective troll than yourself.
Spartacus

Unread post by Spartacus »

mimi wrote:If you were at a friend's house, and your dearest friend accidentally spilled coffee on you....would you sue them ? Or vice versa. :ohmy:
Key word here is "accidentally" , providing all other behavior patterns were as expected.
Ans: No !!

SMP

Unread post by SMP »

Maybe at a relative's house or their boss's house.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

EU wrote:in the US that likelihood is greater
Sadly, I think that may be true....but we Canadians are becoming more and more litigious too.

SMP-ness

Unread post by SMP-ness »

Mmm, coffee. I just got 'preferential' treatment at the 'local Timmies,' when I got to the counter she had already made my cup ahead of everyone else.

Caw!
Bannie

Unread post by Bannie »

Most likely it's her lawyer tacking on a bunch of stupid stuff to get more money and of course that means more money for the lawyer too.

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

People will sue for anything these days....this situation was an accident, it's not like the employee purposely dumped the coffee on her lap. Yeah I could see the woman got burned from the coffee, but it's not like it was so terrible that her skin actually melted off. I too have had hot water accidently poured on me...yes it hurt, but it was only red and sore for a while...it's not like it crippled me....

:purdy:
Bannie

Unread post by Bannie »

I think MOST people would sure. Money is money and everyone wants it :D

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

CAUTION: CONTENTS HOT.

You need to be familiar with fewer than half the letters of the alphabet to understand the implications of these three words.

Some folks are just achin' to sue, it seems. Body Dysmorphic Disorder? Please! I call Pre-Existing Condition.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I had 3rd degree burns on my feets once. One wasn't too bad....but the other, the skin slid off the top and down the side. It was excruciating....and was for weeks and weeks and weeks. I did it myself though. :blush: However....I just can't see myself suing someone if it was an accident.

GranpaP

Unread post by GranpaP »

mimi wrote:I had 3rd degree burns on my feets once. One wasn't too bad....but the other, the skin slid off the top and down the side. It was excruciating....and was for weeks and weeks and weeks. I did it myself though. :blush: However....I just can't see myself suing someone if it was an accident.

Accidents are the result of negligence. Ask any American.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

GranpaP wrote:
mimi wrote:I had 3rd degree burns on my feets once. One wasn't too bad....but the other, the skin slid off the top and down the side. It was excruciating....and was for weeks and weeks and weeks. I did it myself though. :blush: However....I just can't see myself suing someone if it was an accident.

Accidents are the result of negligence. Ask any American.
I'm sure. =))) But I know if I were the spiller and not the spillee...it sure wouldn't be something I'd do on purpose. Of course if someone tossed the coffee through the window because they were being an ass....that's a different story.