A Special Exemption to Motorcycle Helmet Laws

Register accountRead the forum rules
Space Bird

Re: A Special Exemption to Motorcycle Helmet Laws

Unread post by Space Bird »

The King of Memebee wrote:Ontario told those rags to go fuck off and they are not allowed to ride a MC with a turban on , the military told them to fuck off too. I was in Shilo (artillery base) when the first rag_head came thru and tried to challenge the military rule for having to wear a combat helmet while shooting artillery guns and they booted him out saying it was a safety requirement. They are just a bunch of troublemaking cocksuckers
:thumbup1:

The Old Medic

Unread post by The Old Medic »

I am 100% in favor of anyone being allowed to ride without a helmet, IF, and ONLY IF:

1. They carry $1,000,000 or more in liability insurance, to cover the costs of any head trauma caused in a mortorcycle accident.

2. They are age 21 or older, and sign a waiver exempting any State, Province and national government from any responsibility to provide any form of medical care, if the person is involved in an accident while riding.

I have ridden all kinds of motorcycles, ranging from Honda 350's, to BSA 650 Lightnings, to Honda Gold Wings and a few Indians and Harley's. I LOVE riding bikes. But, I would no more get on a motorcycle without boots, gauntlets, a full face helmet, jeans or leathers, and a good jacket, than i would play Russian Roulette.

Any person that rides a motorcycle without a helmet is mentally defective.

henry

Unread post by henry »

yes but should they be allowed to ride despite being mentally defective:)

Progress starts with a PRO. Conservative starts with a CON. - @ProgressivePam
Oscar Mayer

Unread post by Oscar Mayer »

I bet Gary Busey wishes he wore a turban.

"Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away"
J0E

Unread post by J0E »

The Old Medic wrote:I am 100% in favor of anyone being allowed to ride without a helmet, IF, and ONLY IF:

1. They carry $1,000,000 or more in liability insurance, to cover the costs of any head trauma caused in a mortorcycle accident.

2. They are age 21 or older, and sign a waiver exempting any State, Province and national government from any responsibility to provide any form of medical care, if the person is involved in an accident while riding.

I have ridden all kinds of motorcycles, ranging from Honda 350's, to BSA 650 Lightnings, to Honda Gold Wings and a few Indians and Harley's. I LOVE riding bikes. But, I would no more get on a motorcycle without boots, gauntlets, a full face helmet, jeans or leathers, and a good jacket, than i would play Russian Roulette.

I hope the American states aren't dumb enough to allow this sort of selective leniency for specific groups. Do they allow for exemptions in certain states or all of them for specific groups?

beanthere

Unread post by beanthere »

Actually, I guess it could be considered a plus. I mean, if one of these guys gets in an accident and has head trauma, the paramedics won,t need to bandage the guys head as, that's already done. :tongue: Besides, if they do fall off the bike, it would be like a Q-tip falling on the road.

weebles

Unread post by weebles »

Oscar Mayer wrote:I bet Gary Busey wishes he wore a turban.
is that why gary is meesed up froma motorcycle brain injury I thought he was a druggie/drunk

me

Unread post by me »

I think over half of the states only require riders 17 or 20 and under to wear helmets....and a couple of the states have no helmet laws at all.

What The Duce!

Unread post by What The Duce! »

15 years ago no us states required helmets but I think many have since changed back to making them the law. I mean I remember reading about a death in the us, all it was , was a girl sitting on the back of her bf's bike and they had stopped at a light and when he went forward she was not holding on, the bike jerked forward, she fell off the back when it lurched and struck head first on the road and died. The bike was only just starting to go and she died. Never would have happened if she had a helmet on, poor girl

Disclaimer: This comment is for entertainment purposes only. The author does not necessarily condone or endorse its content and as such cannot be held criminally or civilly liable for said comment in any way. 2008 The Duce Corp.