Art

InkedAngel

Re: Art

Unread post by InkedAngel »

And......I love him in all his his wonder.

I have to say.....I've never had more beautiful nor intriguing interpretation than that. So many spot on and so many questions I ponder myself. Bravo mon ami......bravo.

Don't you weep pretty baby...you and me and the devil make three. Don't need no other lovin baby....
kiebers

Unread post by kiebers »

Indeed. Quite captivating.

Why did the chicken cross the road? Why??? To get to the idiots house....
Knock Knock.....Who's there?.....the chicken
InkedAngel

Latest abstract.....

Don't you weep pretty baby...you and me and the devil make three. Don't need no other lovin baby....
InkedAngel

Finished..

Lochdubh

Broken hearted

Unread post by Lochdubh »

InkedAngel wrote:Finished..
Inky's self portrait is disturbing on several levels.To be quite frank, I've only seen an individual actually weeping blood on one occasion - over 16 years ago - the result of extreme concussion following the detonation of a high explosive shell. In the folklore of many cultures, icons and holy paintings are sometimes attributed mystical properties which include weeping blood -supposedly to atone for the sins of a naughty world. Usually the weeper is either the Christ or the Virgin - obviously neither is relevant to the work being discussed.
The face in this instance seems resigned, almost composed, despite her evident inner turmoil. the pain she feels is spiritual rather than physical.The actual cause of what must be extreme sorrow, while enigmatic, can perhaps be attributed to lost love or another form of heartbreak, given the creve coeur prominently displayed twice in the prototype, but only once in the final version of the work. The mystery is deepened by the inscription, perhaps "L'Oriel"(?) which appears in both the prototype and finished work, and is important enough to have been moved and repainted by the artist.
Merely a signature, or is it an inscribed indictment of the heartbreaker?
The figure herself speaks of the sensual - high forehead, aristocratic nose, cleft chin, pursed scarlet lips, - while the patently false eyelashes and the slightly exaggerated size of the subject's mouth give the impression of theatricality. Once again, the artist has chosen to contrast the pallor of a flawless milk white complexion with heart's-blood scarlet.Southern Gothic.

When I consider Life and its few years-
A wisp of fog betwixt us and the sun;
A call to battle, and the battle done
Ere the last echo dies within our ears;
A rose choked in the grass; an hour of fears;
The gusts that past a darkening shore do beat;
The burst of music down an unlistening street,-
I wonder at the idleness of tears.
Ye old, old dead, and ye of yesternight,
Chieftains, and bards, and keepers of the sheep,
By every cup of sorrow that you had,
Loose me from tears, and make me see aright
How each hath back what once he stayed to weep:
Homer his sight, David his little lad!
L.W. Reese

SMP

Unread post by SMP »

It is obviously a self portrait if you look compare it to her avatar.

InkedAngel

Nice loch...

I'm still no happy with this piece. It's going to be a redo I think.

InkedAngel

Huh? Uhh no but thanks for your concern Gordy.

InkedAngel

I'm a mod there, ya knucklehead. :)

InkedAngel

The Louvre Gordy....

InkedAngel

You don't see the Louvre?

Lochdubh

Maybe the Chief Constable forgot to pay the rent.

SMP

Unread post by SMP »

I promise I will be posting an original artwork of my own in this very thread today. It is memebee related. Hand drawn. I am just adding the finishing touches. :cool:

SMP

Unread post by SMP »

Some may find the content offensive, but it is the truth.

Lochdubh

9 incher/160 IQ wrote:Some may find the content offensive, but it is the truth.
truth should never be offensive.

Lochdubh

InkedAngel wrote:You don't see the Louvre?
Pitch a bitch at the old boy in his "Open Rage" shoutbox. :D

InkedAngel

Nah.... These days bitching is overrated. I'm basking in the new experience of my art on display in a gallery and meeting extraordinary artists. It's elating... :)
But I miss you, Loch.

InkedAngel

Gordy.... Chill your ass. Dayum. I had no idea you couldn't see it. I don't have admin rights. Stop making assumptions. You are starting to sound like a few others I know. Now you should apologize for what you just said. I have NEVER locked you out of any forum.

InkedAngel

Ok.... After several pms, it's seems that most people, even members can't see the Louvre. It must be a setting that needs changing. I'll contact the admin. And Gordy..... You're an asshole.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

InkedAngel wrote:Ok.... After several pms, it's seems that most people, even members can't see the Louvre. It must be a setting that needs changing. I'll contact the admin. And Gordy..... You're an asshole.
don't let him into your Louvre...

else you'll git nothin' but trouble.

Lochdubh

InkedAngel wrote:Nah.... These days bitching is overrated. I'm basking in the new experience of my art on display in a gallery and meeting extraordinary artists. It's elating... :)
But I miss you, Loch.

First off, bitching is NEVER overrated.

Secondly, congratulations on the display of your works. I'm glad you are honobbing with the great and good. Just don't forget your old pals. Miss you too.

SMP

Unread post by SMP »

Hello... Is anybody home?

Lochdubh

Gordy, Don't get trampled in the stampede over there............

still waiting for MY invitation. :sneaky:

Lochdubh

:D
Rozzers are usually excellent judges of character.

InkedAngel

Gordy, are you still calling me a liar?

Loch, you are welcome to come to my house any time :)

InkedAngel

Oh and btw, after Gordy's little hissy fit of bringing to my attention that the forum was invite only, I asked him to open it up. No longer invite only.

InkedAngel

Huh? I was given the keys to an art forum that I had no idea was invite only. What are you talking about? Spill it Gordy.

SMP

Unread post by SMP »

Jealousy.

SMP

Unread post by SMP »

Good morning, sunshine.

InkedAngel

Gravity

That warm place where it pours over your soul and you are halfway in, half way out…..and you only hold onto the umbrella because someone ….somewhere told you not to play in the rain……but the rain…..it heals you….
~Inky