till they touch in flood.

D. H. Lawrence

~ plaid ~
InkedAngel

Re: Writings

Unread post by InkedAngel »

Never get labeled as a melingerer.
Never tell someone you are in pain.
As a soldier, that means you are a pussy. Fuck you, I don't need you at my back. No conscience....that's what you need. It shouldn't bother you that you have to watch women die. Or perhaps their children lying lifeless in their arms. Don't ask for help. The label will haunt you, pussy. Don't ask for help. You'll die a pussy.

Unfortunately, I have watched soldiers I know comitt suicide, via cop. I've listened to soldiers talk of their pain. I've seen their wounds. I've heard their grief. Fuck you who think this trivial. Fuck you who blame them. Fuck you who think them inhuman. Fuck you.

Don't you weep pretty baby...you and me and the devil make three. Don't need no other lovin baby....
Leopardsocks

Unread post by Leopardsocks »

Capital Punishment.

The lever pulled, the trapdoor sprung
Another victim duly hung
A life expired that had to die
Though no-one could remember why

She knew her fate, it was foretold
“You too shall be cast into the cold”
Yet even with his prior convictions
She ignored the dire predictions

Hand in hand, they made their stand
Sharing their heaven, but not their land
A masquerade, neither dared to ask
Who was that behind the mask?

But soon the black dogs barked like mad
“Look at all the fun they’ve had”
Time to die, or time to run
But time ran out, their world undone

Now the corpse sways in the breeze
The executioner sinks slowly to his knees
No sound around, the world is hushed
A single tear falls to the dust…

We're so abused...we're so confused...its easy to believe someone's gonna light the fuse - Rainbow, Can't Happen Here.
InkedAngel

There is nothing more born in truth than that of an ache of the soul. It bleeds truth, whether we like it or not.

Don't you weep pretty baby...you and me and the devil make three. Don't need no other lovin baby....
Azhya Aryola

Unread post by Azhya Aryola »

Everything I've read here is beautiful. Thank you, guys and gals, for sharing your talents.

You know how our champions always encourage us? Well, mine have urged me to pursue writing because they said I have a gift although I never enjoyed writing before until later on as a young adult. After reading all of your work, mine pales next to the writing talents here so carry on. I've enjoyed every one and look forward to more.

Azhya Aryola

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.
InkedAngel

That's sweet, Azhya. :)

InkedAngel

Just a little something ...

SMP

Unread post by SMP »

Wacko Jacko.

InkedAngel

“‘You,’ he said, ‘are a terribly real thing in a terribly false world, and that, I believe, is why you are in so much pain.’”

— Emilie Autumn, The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls

InkedAngel

Gracias mi amigo...

InkedAngel

InkedAngel

Lol I couldnt help myself.... :D

InkedAngel

Haha! Thank you for making me smile, Gordy. :D

Another very pertinent quote...
“I have learned to offer no resistance to what is; I have learned to allow the present moment to be and to accept the impermanent nature of all things and conditions. Thus I have found peace.”

— Eckhart Tolle

InkedAngel

Well, you've got points with me in doing so, hon. :)

InkedAngel

Kavorka

Unread post by Kavorka »

I stabbed a man in the face today
Right in the fucking face
He didn’t bleed but smiled instead
And I laughed a hearty laugh
At his wound his scar
But still he smiled
So I kicked him in the balls
Right in the fucking balls
When he doubled over
I put my feet up on him
And relaxed and enjoyed a latte

InkedAngel

Nice one hon... lol sicilian blood?

Kavorka

Unread post by Kavorka »

Latvian

InkedAngel

;)

evs

Unread post by evs »

wow. remind me not to wrestle with a latvian girl:)

~ plaid ~
InkedAngel

“It’s dark because you are trying too hard. Lightly child, lightly. Learn to do everything lightly. Yes, feel lightly even though you’re feeling deeply. Just lightly let things happen and lightly cope with them. I was so preposterously serious in those days… Lightly, lightly – it’s the best advice ever given me…So throw away your baggage and go forward. There are quicksands all about you, sucking at your feet, trying to suck you down into fear and self-pity and despair. That’s why you must walk so lightly. Lightly my darling…”

—Aldous Huxley, Island

InkedAngel

My soul is impatient with itself, as with a bothersome child; its restlessness keeps growing and is forever the same. Everything interests me, but nothing holds me. I attend to everything, dreaming all the while. […]. I’m two, and both keep their distance —Siamese twins that aren’t attached.
The book of Disquiet

InkedAngel

I really liked this tumblr post. Long read but worth it.

Azhya Aryola

My dear and beloved brother Orik,

So now, your fashion and design skills and talents has brought you safely to the Arabian peninsula--the pulsating and dazzling city of Dubai. I long to hear from you, dear brother, to hear your first impressions of the land of the ancient Caliphs.

As your sibling, I know you well. Behind that savvy fashion designer and illustrator exterior is a tender soul who appreciates nature and its wonders. From the foothills of Mt. Apo, now you find yourself in the Persian Gulf. I would have loved to be your companion, my dear brother. I am delighted for you.

Remember when we were children, we knew all about the different animals from around the world? Now you can tell me what you think of Arabia and the wildlife that belong to its land such as the oryx, the leopard, the gazelle, the camels and other amazing creatures of that region; what you think of the land and its people, the climate, the flora and fauna, the cuisine, the desert oasis, and the feel of the earth upon which you stand now. Oh brother, send me word on how you are and of your impressions which I thirst for.

We are two ships made from the same timber. We exhibit the same surface and grain, we departed from the same dock but we have different voyages. I hope your voyage takes you not through the high seas of disappointment and unmet dreams and expectations but only through calm waters that lead you to the promising shores of good fortune and great success. I send you warmth and good wishes through the ether. I pray that you will find in your voyage what you have been seeking.

Be well, my brother, and take very good care. Your successes and joys are mine, your sorrows too. Your safety, your wellness, and your happiness are my concern. I implore you, let me hear from you as often as possible. With deep love and affection, your sister, Azhya.

Azhya Aryola

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.
InkedAngel

Love this azhya, just because my baby brother isn't able to experience such. It's so personal and humbling at the same time. Thank you.

Azhya Aryola

InkedAngel wrote:Love this azhya, just because my baby brother isn't able to experience such. It's so personal and humbling at the same time. Thank you.
Aw, thanks, Inky. He lived with my Mom until he was 40+! This was his first time to be on his own, my sweet brother.

Azhya Aryola

Azhya Aryola

:thumbup: Very good poems, RW! Very nice!

Azhya Aryola

InkedAngel

tumblr_me39cvl1rl1r2b5sbo1_500.png
I found this on tumblr....author unknown.
This is so true….but not just about romantic relationships. Some people just walk into your life and there is a special connection, something you both need the most at that specific moment in time, when everything collides and you learn, you grow, you change. And when you’ve finished growing and that time passes, you move on. Forever ingrained in each other, a monumental moment of growth, and never forgotten, and you couldn’t have grown without them.

InkedAngel

“When she closed her eyes she felt he had many hands, which touched her everywhere, and many mouths, which passed swiftly over her, and with a wolflike sharpness, his teeth sank into her fleshiest parts…Shivers passed through her body.”

— Anais Nin, Delta of Venus~

Azhya Aryola

You're welcome, RW! I'm glad I inspired you! :biggrin:

That's beautiful! :thumbup:

Azhya Aryola