Everything MMA

Breakfall

Re: Everything UFC

Unread post by Breakfall »

mimi wrote:
Berry Sweet wrote:I know guys like UFC but I find it boring. What I cant stand more are wannabe chicks who hang out with the boysand pretend they actually like the fights...

Me too. I often wonder why we outlaw animals fighting, yet we are still ok with organized human pulverizing of each other. Makes no sense.

Breakfall...welcome. =)

You seem somewhat saner than some of your peers. =))) Are you just easing in? =)))
:thumbup:

yorkcountykid

Unread post by yorkcountykid »

I do not condone the fighting you support. rome did that in its coliseum. I will vote to kill you and your family before I will support your decadent way of life.

Breakfall

asal wrote:
Breakfall wrote:
asal wrote:breakfall, do you do jiu jitsu? :) If you love UFC you should do brazilian jiu jitsu yourself - you'd love it if you haven't tried it yet mr. breakfall.
I do BJJ as part of a seven MMA system. I don't like ground grappling too much as I'm ultra hygienic and rolling around on the floor, swapping dna doesn't really appeal to me.
I'm a right-handed Southpaw striker and trapper. :thumbup:
:tongue: I didn't like getting choked.
If you're fighting professionally, working on your ground game is good, especially when nearly every Brazilian fighter in the UFC is proficient in BJJ. But for self-defence, it's best not to allow the fight to go to the ground in the first place. Get in quick and get out when the window of oppotunity shows itself. Your attacker is very likely going to be carrying a weapon or has friends backing him up.

yorkcountykid

I SAY YOU SHOULD JOIN THE MILITARY OR BE SHOT DEAD

asal

Unread post by asal »

Breakfall wrote: If you're fighting professionally, working on your ground game is good, especially when nearly every Brazilian fighter in the UFC is proficient in BJJ. But for self-defence, it's best not to allow the fight to go to the ground in the first place. Get in quick and get out when the window of oppotunity shows itself. Your attacker is very likely going to be carrying a weapon or has friends backing him up.

ty. good advice.

Get in on it.
yorkcountykid

THIS PLACE IS SOLD TO TRASH.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

asal wrote:
mimi wrote:
Berry Sweet wrote:I know guys like UFC but I find it boring. What I cant stand more are wannabe chicks who hang out with the boysand pretend they actually like the fights...

Me too. I often wonder why we outlaw animals fighting, yet we are still ok with organized human pulverizing of each other. Makes no sense.

Breakfall...welcome. =)

You seem somewhat saner than some of your peers. =))) Are you just easing in? =)))
it's about using the brain and body.
You know I respect your opinions to pieces....but I don't believe that for a second. It's organized violence....for sale.

I have nothing against learning skills for self protection\self defense....but fighting 'sports' are about money. And I personally find them disturbing. Just sayin. =)

yorkcountykid

I AGREE WITH MIMI

Breakfall

mimi wrote:
asal wrote:
mimi wrote:

Breakfall...welcome. =)

it's about using the brain and body.
You know I respect your opinions to pieces....but I don't believe that for a second. It's organized violence....for sale.

I have nothing against learning skills for self protection\self defense....but fighting 'sports' are about money. And I personally find them disturbing. Just sayin. =)
Fighting can be addictive as hell, and if you train well and not take too many hits, the pay packet is worth it.

My personal favourite is Arnis/Eskrima which is Filippino stick fighting, and concentrates in disarming an attacker's weapons such as guns or knives. It is virtually an injury-free form of training in self defence using 2 rattan sticks.

shin

Unread post by shin »

mimi wrote:Me too. I often wonder why we outlaw animals fighting, yet we are still ok with organized human pulverizing of each other. Makes no sense...
If there is anything that people won't do for money, I have yet to see it.

When men learn to abuse the concept of intuitive insight, they become the pinnacle of reason, useless Gods are created in his image as a scapegoat for his shortcomings, and all he selectively oversees are his playthings... and ultimately, all he creates in his stead becomes his willful undoing.
Breakfall

shin wrote:
mimi wrote:Me too. I often wonder why we outlaw animals fighting, yet we are still ok with organized human pulverizing of each other. Makes no sense...
In any case...animals don't have a choice, but people do!

Fighting is a release for some. You can't force a warrior to become a scientist, a mathematician, a philosopher, a poet and the like. Natural born warriors/killers need release...and if you're gonna get paid to do it, then all the more. At the end of the day,it's your choice that really matters...in war people often don't have the luxury of choice, but are rather governed by some pinhead's will to rule the masses.
Such is life...

evs

Unread post by evs »

yorkcountykid wrote:I AGREE WITH MIMI
me too, meems nailed it:)

breakfall three. agreed.

~ plaid ~
Breakfall

Cheers evs!

And now for some comic...erm...relief! :biggrin:

[video][/video]

[video][/video]

weebles

Unread post by weebles »

Shows how Conner beat Aldo mentally before the fight

Breakfall

UFC194 is gonna be huge! Hahahahahaa...howz when Conor tells the press that Aldo has 25minutes to try & hide his weak chin...'cause he's coming for it! :D

shin

Unread post by shin »

Breakfall wrote:
shin wrote:

Fighting is a release for some. You can't force a warrior to become a scientist, a mathematician, a philosopher, a poet and the like. Natural born warriors/killers need release...and if you're gonna get paid to do it, then all the more. At the end of the day,it's your choice that really matters...in war people often don't have the luxury of choice, but are rather governed by some pinhead's will to rule the masses.
Such is life...
Fair enough, but I think you're oversimplifying what it takes to be a modern warrior and making it seem like a one track mind is the way of the world. While it might seem like a person raised in a war torn environment and bred to be a soldier would make an optimal warrior, it wouldn't mean they couldn't excel at anything of contrast to belligerence.

You can definitely teach an old dog new tricks in the modern era. The method of training is more of a factor than what constitutes habitual wiring or intellectual profile.

When men learn to abuse the concept of intuitive insight, they become the pinnacle of reason, useless Gods are created in his image as a scapegoat for his shortcomings, and all he selectively oversees are his playthings... and ultimately, all he creates in his stead becomes his willful undoing.
Breakfall

shin wrote:
Breakfall wrote:
shin wrote:

Such is life...

Fair enough, but I think you're oversimplifying what it takes to be a modern warrior and making it seem like a one track mind is the way of the world. While it might seem like a person raised in a war torn environment and bred to be a soldier would make an optimal warrior, it wouldn't mean they couldn't excel at anything of contrast to belligerence.

You can definitely teach an old dog new tricks in the modern era. The method of training is more of a factor than what constitutes habitual wiring or intellectual profile.
For sure...certain attributes like size, strength & environment gives one a good foundation, but doesn't necessarily make one an optimal warrior at all. That comes with good direction, passion and in my opinion...a good head on one's shoulders.

An old dog can definitely learn new tricks, especially in this day and age with the internet at everyone's grasp, whereby the right method of training can be researched and tailored accordinly for one's personal needs.

Breakfall

Breaking...erm...Hot off the press: MMA fighter apparently had too much CHILLI... :scared:

[video][/video]

What a bummer! Shame. :unsure:

shin

Unread post by shin »

It's probably not a good idea to eat a full meal before getting into the ring/octagon.

Re: Everything MMA

Unread post by ************* »

Breakfall

realgrimm wrote:Image
I've never seen self-defence as an act of violence though, particularly in a very dangerous situation. You gotta hit fast and hard to stop an attack that could potentially end your life or those in your company. Knocking someone out doesn't neccessary mean that you then need to stomp on their head for added effect by any means.

In Australia you have to be very careful since the government has enforced a " one punch rule". There was a spate of "King Hits" by unruly youths on innocent people leading to a few deaths, ie. people getting hit from the side in their temple or cracking their heads on the pavement and consequently dying. Hitting someone now basically goes straight to court and if the act is deemed unlawful...it's jail time straight away! It has got quite serious. The amount of CCT cameras have increased 10-fold or more...now even self-defence is a court battle in itself. If you are threatened in a pubic venue, you have to basically have your hands out in front, palms facing forward in a non-confrontation manner for the camera, just to clear yourself of being the aggressor or face the consequences.

Breakfall

Conor's Claim

Is Conor McGregor playing mind games again? :w00t!:

9 figure claim (read more here):

http://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/ufc-st ... 7562989428

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Mind game? It's hard to play a game when you don't have all the pieces. =))))))

Breakfall

mimi wrote:Mind game? It's hard to play a game when you don't have all the pieces. =))))))
Alrighty mimi...do you mean Conor is fulloshit?

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

No....just being cheeky. =)))

Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

You would think these "refugees" from warzones would know how to fight...

But no..

They cant hold their own in a fist fight.

Breakfall

Odinson wrote:You would think these "refugees" from warzones would know how to fight...

But no..

They cant hold their own in a fist fight.
They're too used to hitting their women the nasty cretins!

Breakfall

mimi wrote:No....just being cheeky. =)))
He cracks me up big time. This one chick was having a go at him on twitter. So he does this interview and shows everyone her side profile in a picture, saying how the woman has such a long back. She actually just didn't have much of an arse. Lol :w00t!:

Breakfall

Ahhhh yes ^^^

Good thread mate!
;)

SCOUSE wrote:You are aware that the Saville account was just a troll alt? I chose that name for shock and trollin' effect, not as a reflection on myself.
If I actually was a p,edo. why the fuck would I draw attention to it by using a known p,do's name???
:(
Breakfall

This should be an interesting bout coming up. Dynamic kicks and dirty tactics. Both Silva and Hall coming off their recent losses to Bisping and Whittaker accordingly, will be out to prove a brutal point. Any punters?

The current odds are: Silva (1.78) against Hall (2.05).

SCOUSE wrote:You are aware that the Saville account was just a troll alt? I chose that name for shock and trollin' effect, not as a reflection on myself.
If I actually was a p,edo. why the fuck would I draw attention to it by using a known p,do's name???
:(