coming age of movable boat homes

Register accountRead the forum rules
Vivek_Golikeri

coming age of movable boat homes

Unread post by Vivek_Golikeri »

As 3D printed housing becomes more commonplace, yet another phenomenon will grow up. Land is expensive, and you cannot manufacture more. Yet yachts and boats only claim that patch of water that they occupy at the moment. No way is square footage measured out on the seas and sold or registered. Thus someday, when technology can easily create a commodious three-bedroom house for less than ten thousand dollars, more people will have such housing built into a boat and just sail the boat wherever they choose.

The result will be vast sea-based neighborhoods in sight of the shore but sprawling outwards, wherein people can live for a spell and then sail away to join a different water-based community elsewhere. Hurricane expected in a few days? Sail north and hang out by New Jersey for about a week. Or sail your house to a community near Aruba or the Panama Canal, which is too southward for hurricanes.

You might even have someone say: "I'm navigating my boat-home to Brazil or Buenos Aires for the hurricane season." Well, well, well! Do-it-yourself long distance tourism. It will be a brave new world.

9 incher/160 IQ

Re: coming age of movable boat homes

Unread post by 9 incher/160 IQ »

The levels of fecal matter in the water will be quite high.
:(

Fuc# 0ff.
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I'd totally be on board with living in a float-house (get it ? 'on-board') :D
Seriously though...I'd prefer a float-house to a houseboat. Came close once...don't remember why it didn't work out.

9 incher/160 IQ

Unread post by 9 incher/160 IQ »

:rolleyes:
But yeah, came close as well. It was built on a barge.

Fuc# 0ff.
Reel

Unread post by Reel »

Millions of people have been doing this for a very long time. It’s not new. I’ve got several friends that have lived on their boats for years and sailed them around the world.

Also, a movable boat home is just a boat.

It's easy to judge because it's so hard to understand.
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

A boat home moves...a float house needs to be moved with another power. =))

Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Not at all uncommon in Holland.

Annapolis harbour attracts live-aboards, but the lifestyle seems cramped and uncomfortable as far as I'm concerned. Cold in vinter, hot in summer and you have to very creative when it comes to storage.

bill barilko

Unread post by bill barilko »

Lochdubh wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 21:55 Cold in vinter, hot in summer and you have to very creative when it comes to storage.
When I worked in marine trades I met a woman who kept her Xmas decorations in the trunk of her car.

Also one thing people who are unfamiliar with shipboard living don't understand is that the typical 'houseboat' is a maintenance nightmare because all those 90 degree angles aren't meant to move yet they do-all day every day four times a day with the tide.

$$$$$

And Yes you have to pay for moorage wind & weather means houseboats can't just 'sit anywhere' that is dangerous ignorant idiocy-travel the coasts of BC and you'll see the Best spots have long been known and long been taken and Yes Regional Districts have jurisdiction.

Ask Oscar about people living on Powell Lake for instance.

'The past is never dead. It's not even past' William Faulkner
Vivek_Golikeri

SOILEDMIDGETPANTIES wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 18:10 The levels of fecal matter in the water will be quite high.
No.....creative use of bacteria to breal urea and feces down into compost or fertilizer will take care of that.

Reel

Unread post by Reel »

Your dream turned into reality:
https://somniosuperyachts.com/

It’s a deal. It’s a steal. Sale of the fucking century. In fact, fuck it, Vivek, I think I’ll keep it.

It's easy to judge because it's so hard to understand.
Vivek_Golikeri

Today, some people are insulting Branson, Bezos and Musk for their space endeavors and calling it a billionaires' wasteful hobby. It is not a hobby, but something called pioneering. Future generations will see huge Oberth mirrors assembled in space to send solar energy down to electric generators. Oberth mirrors will also be used to dilute the Arctic blast, thereby reducing heating bills by millions of dollars.

I'm sure that while Columbus was ploughing the Sea of Darkness with his three caravels, ignorant persons in Barcelona were muttering that this crazy Genoese has tricked Queen Isabella into wasting funds on playing games. Space habitats will gradually evolve. 3-D printed homes will be incredibly cheap. A whole new range of living arrangements will be made possible by future technology.

evs

Unread post by evs »

I like the idea of 3D printed boat-homes. I can’t wait for home prices to go down.

~ plaid ~
Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

Parking a boat will be the next challenge. Marinas in California are very wary of live a boards. I can say aboard my boat for 2 days a week. This is the rule. There are live aboard slips. They are rented monthly for $1200. Far and few between. These rules are heavily enforced

bill barilko

Seamajor wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 06:19.... Marinas in California are very wary of live a boards. I can say aboard my boat for 2 days a week. This is the rule. There are live aboard slips. They are rented monthly for $1200. Far and few between. These rules are heavily enforced
Same here in Vancouver

Sargent Smellibitz

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

Vivek_Golikeri

Eves wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 18:39 I like the idea of 3D printed boat-homes. I can’t wait for home prices to go down.
Entire 3D printed towns will pop up into existence as land is cheap way out in the countryside. Land is still too costly in metropolitan areas for this new technology to reduce prices dramatically. But these new towns will drain millions of people out of metro areas, thereby causing real estate prices there to fall.

bill barilko

Vivek_Golikeri wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 15:16Entire 3D printed towns will pop up into existence as land is cheap way out in the countryside.
Not in Canada it won't there's simply nothing at all except rocks & trees 'way out in the countryside' it's painfully apparent you've never travelled here or even flown over any of the countryside.

Vivek_Golikeri wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 15:16Land is still too costly in metropolitan areas for this new technology to reduce prices dramatically. But these new towns will drain millions of people out of metro areas, thereby causing real estate prices there to fall.
100% bullshit

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

I have a float home in the Fraser Valley. I am just having work done on the place that is almost finished. Nice to fish right of your deck.

Winning.
Edward

Unread post by Edward »

In Europe, I believe Amsterdam, they have float home factories on the water that pump out these homes in an assembly line.

Winning.
caskur

Unread post by caskur »

Reel wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 20:29 Millions of people have been doing this for a very long time. It’s not new. I’ve got several friends that have lived on their boats for years and sailed them around the world.

Also, a movable boat home is just a boat.
And are those people chucking their junk over the side or going out to sea dumping their oil when they are doing oil changes?

Nobody should be living on boats. Period.

Pantalon de Singe

Unread post by Pantalon de Singe »

Edward wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 23:51 I have a float home in the Fraser Valley. I am just having work done on the place that is almost finished. Nice to fish right of your deck.

˙ǝlʎʇs ɯnɹoɟ ʇlnɐɟǝp ǝɥʇ ƃuᴉsn pǝʍǝᴉʌ uǝɥʍ (ʞooqʇǝN ,,ᄅƖ) ʎɐldsᴉp xd 89ㄥ × ㄣᄅ0Ɩ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɐ uo (ɯɔ Ɛ~) ʇɥƃᴉǝɥ uᴉ ,,lɐɯɹoN,, ǝzᴉs ʇxǝʇ ɟo sǝuᴉl ϛ uɐɥʇ ǝɹoɯ ou ǝq plnoɥs sǝɹnʇɐuƃᴉS
caskur

Unread post by caskur »

So they shit in the water eh? Nice place to drink water, wash clothes, boil up a stew.

No thank you.

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Actually, I have a nice place. Heat pump, AC, Washer/dryer, etc. Everything you could possibly need. I don't spend a lot of time there though. Vancouver is my main home. No shitting in the water there. Hooked up to sewage, water and electricity.

Winning.
Sargent Smellibitz

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

caskur wrote: 25 Jun 2023, 02:57 So they shit in the water eh? Nice place to drink water, wash clothes, boil up a stew.

No thank you.
Shitting in the ocean is normal and reasonable...

caskur

Unread post by caskur »

that brown water is a funny looking ocean.... :slap:

caskur

Unread post by caskur »

Edward wrote: 25 Jun 2023, 04:41 Actually, I have a nice place. Heat pump, AC, Washer/dryer, etc. Everything you could possibly need. I don't spend a lot of time there though. Vancouver is my main home. No shitting in the water there. Hooked up to sewage, water and electricity.
God you people speak shit...

I want pictures or it didn't happen...

Vivek_Golikeri

bill barilko wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 21:24
Not in Canada it won't there's simply nothing at all except rocks & trees 'way out in the countryside' it's painfully apparent you've never travelled here or even flown over any of the countryside.
I was talking about the United States. I am fully aware that the land situation in Canada is quite different.

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

caskur wrote: 25 Jun 2023, 10:30
Edward wrote: 25 Jun 2023, 04:41 Actually, I have a nice place. Heat pump, AC, Washer/dryer, etc. Everything you could possibly need. I don't spend a lot of time there though. Vancouver is my main home. No shitting in the water there. Hooked up to sewage, water and electricity.
God you people speak shit...

You speak shit. You groin is all rotten with open sores too.

Winning.
caskur

Unread post by caskur »

Edward wrote: 25 Jun 2023, 10:49
caskur wrote: 25 Jun 2023, 10:30 God you people speak shit...

You speak shit. You groin is all rotten with open sores too.
It is not.... it is perectly tidy as it should be dunce!!!!!

memebee Girls, ^^^^ this bastard has confessed he has stuck his wang in 1500 women, (yes, tis BS I know) so would you want anything to do with it?

:o