Get lost in the music

Register accountRead the forum rules
soon

Re: Get lost in the music

Unread post by soon »

here's an unexpected situation, jennifer lopez is collaborating with (g)i-dle. i don't have much to say about it other than j. lo has good taste in k-pop.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
soon

Unread post by soon »

so the j. lo song probably appealed to her fans. i wonder if she's going after the american (g)i-dle fan market. actually i can't even begin to understand i'm sure. all i know is the song is about j. lo and ben affleck and how they will bee together forever and fvck the haters or something to that effect.

anyway, (g)i-dle took the role of guest rapper in an american production. speaking of which, if anybody could write an american style song it would be minnie from (g)i-dle. minnie's songs are great background music when you just want to zone out.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i mean, tell me minnie's songs won't eventually end up on the soundtrack of a popular american teen drama.

soon

Unread post by soon »

le sserafim are up to 9 music show wins now. i think le sserafim have captured the 90's slow groove that propelled newjeans to the top of the streaming/record sales charts. if you include merchandising/sponsorships and concerts/fan events in terms of raking in the dough le sserafim is probably even more successful.

soon

Unread post by soon »

bibi's last album was banned from korean airplay for being too noir. this time around she went went the opposite direction, lol.

p.s. this song has it's first music show win and a perfect all kill on the korean music charts.

soon

Unread post by soon »

in case you're wondering bam yang gang is the english spelling for a famous korean confection. apparently the sales of bamyanggaeng skyrocketed after the song was released. it's become so popular they've even released the bibi version.

weebles2

Unread post by weebles2 »

soon

Unread post by soon »

this k-pop group was formed as a one-off project collaboration of youtubers, streamers, and one former j-pop idol. they've decided to remain together as a group to see how far they can go.

soon

Unread post by soon »

we were talking about the big aespa's karina dating scandal the other day. now thanks to western media i learned that the problem with k-pop is that the fans are parasocial. i mean, we don't call them idols for nothing. imho it's entirely possible to have a healthy parasocial relationship with your favourite idol group. am i wrong?

and now back to the minnie (g)i-dle thread.

weebles2

soon

Unread post by soon »

the story as we know it is j.y. park is a huge fan of the 80's, hence the vibe. jyp is also smart enough to keep investing in a kpop group still going strong after 9 years. i'm not even sure twice has ever been on hiatus and they still tour every year and we're talking stadium tours.

weebles2

This is going to be a long summer going to concerts and not drinking.. good news is there is a new Judas Priest song.

soon

Unread post by soon »

old judas reminds me of the guy who put together the idol group qwer. only the guy who put together qwer wears a bald skullcap, a fake beard, and sunglasses, presumably to hide is real identity since he also only goes by the name egg kim.

i'm fairly certain i'm posting the world premier of qwer's new song which may or may not bee titled anxiety addiction. in any event this is another j-pop track so your enjoyment mileage may vary. personally i'm in awe because, like i said before, three of these girls were streamers/youtubers, two are admitted otakus, one is famous for cosplay, and one is a bonified ex-japanese idol who wishes to bee seen by her fans again.

soon

Unread post by soon »

oh wait, this is timely for memebee because the cosplayer in qwer has over 4 million subscribers on tik tok.

weebles2

Great live cover of Pink Floyd imo

weebles2

Anyways pearl jam everybody

soon

Unread post by soon »

yeah so we talked about a b-side of (g)i-dle suddenly catching fire and shooting up to number one on the korean charts. (g)i-dle are going on music shows next week to promote the song which means that (g)i-dle are finally coming off their month long hiatus.

also in the news and out of the blue ive shot up the billboard 100 and sold 60,000 physical copies of their latest album in america last week. probably due to their world tour stops in california. fyi their last album has sold over 2 million copies already.

weebles2

For some reason been watching “The continental” it is not bad show it follows the John wick universe and if you
Like 70’s music and vibes it has got you covered.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i want to see a full version.

soon

Unread post by soon »

in case you're wondering which full version.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i talked about tiktok and dance challenges on another thread. anyway, this one is the fireball challenge courtesy of ive.

soon

Unread post by soon »

so it looks like le sserafim will bee performing at coachella this year. they won't bee headlining of course but it's still exposure.

i always talk about sakura and chaewon because of their iz*one days but sakura was an idol in japan as well. here she is pre le sserafim/iz*one as a member of akb48. this would have been shortly before trying to win a spot in iz*one on the produce 48 survival show.

soon

Unread post by soon »

(g)i-dle is officially off hiatus! i had to choose between two new outings. (g)i-dle performing at the MLB Seoul Series or (g)i-dle performing their little hit that could at m countdown. i chose the m countdown performance because even though shuhua wasn't able to perform she was still there in spirit.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i thought this was cute. it's (g)i-dle's minnie doing the wife challenge with her mom.

soon

Unread post by soon »

billie is a basically a kpop indie(nugu) group but since the popularity of tsuki on variety shows is no joke i decided to give them a listen. i'm posting the japanese version of this song in tsuki's honour since she's the stan maker.

p.s. stan makers are idols who transcend the group and bring in new fans.

soon

Unread post by soon »

speaking of nugu bands that deserve a listen. here's another performance of qwer's anxiety addiction*. it sounds too good to be live but in any event hina seems to have a lot of fans.

* english title not confirmed

weebles2

soon

Unread post by soon »

it's time to relax and watch some korean variety. first up is a dating show that involves an idol group. it's almost as painful to watch as the introverted guys in that other dating show i posted here. personally i enjoy the formalness of korean social interactions.

soon

Unread post by soon »

it's was a last minute decision to promote this song on music shows and while the rest of the members got together and practiced shuhua was still officially on hiatus. which is why the members thought it would bee sweet to have a shua-bear stand in for their music show appearances. anyway, i can already tell these stages will be another iconic (g)i-dle moment along with the song that became #1 on the korean music charts out of the blue.

p.s. check out shua-bear's iconic starting and ending poses.

soon

Unread post by soon »

as you can hear from the fan chant no one has more dedicated fans than IU.