Get lost in the music

Register accountRead the forum rules
soon

Re: Get lost in the music

Unread post by soon »

this was early days in soyeon's producing and songwriting career but it gives you an idea of her abilities. nowadays she employs a small team to handle all the details. soyeon is the captain and she is the only idol i know where the term captain truly applies.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
soon

Unread post by soon »

ive finished the first leg of their world tour this weekend. they'll bee back for the european/south american portion of the tour in june. finally in july/august it's back to asia for the asian leg of the tour ending with 2 days at the tokyo dome.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i should probably post this one because it's the (g)i-dle song soyeon was talking about in her made by soyeon video.

weebles2

Unread post by weebles2 »

weebles2

soon

Unread post by soon »

i'm sure everyone here is excited that ive is releasing their second extended play album at the end of the month.

somewhere in this video wonyoung does her famous 180 degree butt swish. i mention it because apparently it went viral on chinese tiktok this weekend. i think there were 100 million searches/views or something crazy like that.

soon

Unread post by soon »

you probably thought i was joking calling it chinese tiktok but there is indeed a chinese tiktok. anyway, i might have been joking about the actual number of #wonyoung views but i do remember my initial reaction is holy shit that is a lot of views.

so without further ado, here is a chinese wonyoung lookalike doing her own version of the wonyoung swish* on chinese tiktok.

https://www.douyin.com/discover?modal_i ... 6451820840

* ive decided to call it the wonyoung swish

soon

Unread post by soon »

sorry, i have no idea if that chinese tiktok link is easy to navigate outside of microsoft edge. anyway, i think it's rude when social media websites hide content behind a login screen the minute you land on the page. imho our personal info is worth billions so i refuse to give mine freely.

p.s. i've been using microsoft edge to browse korean websites because it translates to english lickety split.

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

I came to get down.
soon

Unread post by soon »

well, it looks like aespa's karina and the actor she was dating have broken up. hopefully aespa can start promoting again since they've had to lay low for a month.

now that i have access to korean portals (thanks to microsoft edge) i've come to realize there are a ton of scandals in korea in the last month or so. there's been 2 or 3 idol dating scandals and at least that many actor bullying allegations.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i posted a pic of ive's yujin and liz posing with anne hathaway at an nba basketball game recently. they were obviously invited by the nba and it must have been a test trial because le serrafim have been named as official ambassadors in korea today.

soon

Unread post by soon »

some of you might recognize this yuqi song from last year when i posted a fancam of yuqi performing live on (g)i-dle's american tour. it's such a nice little pop tune i fully expect to hear it on music traks in superstore for sure.

soon

Unread post by soon »

melon is the largest streaming service in korea with a 38% market share. ive's love dive has been on the melon daily charts for well over 2 years now. ive are the first girl group in kpop history to have a song on the charts for that long.

p.s. it's not just chicago hockey fans that can make some noise cheering.

soon

Unread post by soon »

this is pretty cool. it's the paper version of the wonyoung swish.

soon

Unread post by soon »

one must not discount the effectiveness of a good butt swish on social media and how meaningful it is when a song goes viral. in this case viviz's comeback was threatening to bee very short-lived and maniac was basically on it's way out of the top 500. after their dance challenge went viral maniac jumped 400 songs to make it into the top 50 and there it remains.

soon

Unread post by soon »

have i mentioned how much like the D.I.Y. spirit of this band? everyone from management to the idols are learning on the job and it couldn't bee more inspiring.

soon

Unread post by soon »

wow, so far qwer has sold over 26,000 copies of their new album and anxiety addiction* is #43 on the melon hot 100 chart.

i should also mention that the video has over 900,000 views on youtube in the last 24 hours according to k-pop radar. they're what you'd call organic views too because i doubt they're spending any money on fake clicks.

* probably not the english title

weebles2

Anxiety Addiction sounds like a great name for a punk rock band in the 80’s

Anyways happy Saturday

soon

Unread post by soon »

speaking of fake clicks i remember reading somewhere that clickthroughs to advertisers websites from their advertisements on twitterx were somewhere around 75% fake.

soon

Unread post by soon »

oh right. it was during superbowl. twitterx claimed to have had an absurdly large number of users that day.

weebles2

Let’s hope the Canucks can beat LA tonight

soon

Unread post by soon »

let's talk about viviz for a moment. viviz were originally members of the group gfriend. eunha is my bias because not only is she the dictionary definition of idol cuteness (pronounced cute-ah) she also wrote one of my favorite gfriend tunes.

soon

Unread post by soon »

here is what i mean about being cute-ah. viviz was on the survival reality show queendom 2 and this is eunha's response for placing 5th in a competition.

soon

Unread post by soon »

here's what i've been doing for the last 5 minutes. see a post about ex-(g)i-dle soojin on reddit. follow a link to an instagram post wondering about the magazine article in the reddit post about soojin. from there follow a link to the chinese portal known as weibo which i've heard about but never seen until now thanks to microsoft edge AI translating abilities.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i thought i should include this j-pop song for future reference. it was #1 on the US music charts back in 1963. the song at #2 was it's my party.

this song uses the japanese music scale where fa and ti don't exist. do re me fa so la ti do. you'll recognize this scale in modern j-pop as well.

soon

Unread post by soon »

this quote by j.y. park is interesting and you probably won't find it anywhere but this video so take a look. jyp talks about the perfect idol and it's none other than ive's wonyoung.

p.s. in case you didn't know i do make the effort to start these videos at the appropriate timestamp.

soon

Unread post by soon »

hey hey, it's (g)i-dle's soyeon doing a dance challenge with qwer. dance challenges are always decided by the agency so you won't find a bigger idol doing a dance challenge with a nugu group anywhere. that's the power of soyeon. that being said one can only dream that soyeon would write and produce a song for qwer.

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Like anyone cares.

I came to get down.
soon

Unread post by soon »

i'm just saying that big name acts hardly ever do dance challenges with nugu groups. personally i think it's because soyeon liked their cover and is thanking them for helping the song get viral.

soon

Unread post by soon »

(g)i-dle's debut, i still look forward to every single moment.