Get lost in the music

Register accountRead the forum rules
soon

Re: Get lost in the music

Unread post by soon »

it's been awhile since the last popular girl band in korea. i wanted to post the drunk singing version of this song but youtube makes you login because reasons.

so here's a link to the drunk version on bilibili:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1ms411 ... 3178377733

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
soon

Unread post by soon »

i often say 70's bands made the best 80's music. i stand corrected.

soon

Unread post by soon »

it's late for memebee but i'm still awake after watching le sserafim's triumphant return to coachella. #LESSERAFIMatCOACHELLA is trending on twitterx and i don't even care if half the fans posting on twitterx are bots.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i'm just glad that ive will have completed an extensive world tour by the time they take the stage at lollapalooza in august.

soon

Unread post by soon »

it's teaser time here on memebee! and it's just in time for an end of the month release of something new and exciting.

weebles2

Unread post by weebles2 »

I always wanted to attend burning man seems like fun place rent a RV and go drop some MDMA and LSD and wander around in a state of awe and wonder.

soon

Unread post by soon »

ordinarily i wouldn't post illit's new song because it sounds similar to newjeans. those of you paying attention know i'm not the biggest fan of newjeans music because i consider newjeans success to have involved spending a whole pile of dough.

anyway, i woke up this morning to a new megathread on reddit. it looks like the creative director and biggest single shareholder of the company that produces newjeans is accusing hybe corporation of copying newjeans successful template with illit. the big problem is hybe corporation is also the majority owner of the company that produces newjeans so it's an extra messy situation.
Megathread: HYBE Co. audits sub-label ADOR's management including CEO Min Hee Jin

https://www.reddit.com/r/kpop/comments/1ca8

soon

Unread post by soon »

and newjeans copied a successful y2k template originating in the west.

pinkpantheress says hello.
HYBE’s Bang Si Hyuk took part in the production of ILLIT’s debut album. ILLIT’s copying of NewJeans was not carried out by BeLift Lab alone as a label, but is something that concerns HYBE as well. As a leading company in K-Pop, HYBE has been blinded by profits, and are copying successful cultural content without any hesitation. Rather than showing something new, they are simply producing banality.

- newjeans ceo

soon

Unread post by soon »

i'm pretty sure this is the first time i'm posting a song by newjeans. i thought i would post it if you wanted to compare illit with newjeans.

soon

Unread post by soon »

sometimes it comes down to what song you'd rather sing in karaoke, newjeans supershy^^ or qwer's ferris wheel.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i have no stake in this fight between hybe corporation and it's subsidiary. i find it interesting because this is basically the fifty fifty situation where the company that owns the IP (newjeans) is being undermined by the ceo of it's subsidiary in an effort to take control of the IP.

in other news (g)i-dle's yuqi has pre-sold 500,000 copies of her first solo extended play. the album is in english so she is going after the chinese and american markets. yuqi is pretty huge in china. cube even referenced her as a huge source of income for them from the chinese market in cube's earnings report.

weebles2

weebles2

soon

Unread post by soon »

this isn't a great start for the hybe conglomerate era. the stock is fluctuating for sure.
On the 24th, Channel A exclusively reported that additional documents containing the circumstances of the group's NewJeans agency Adore Min Hee-jin's attempt to seize management control were discovered.

According to the media, HYBE found a document titled "Project 1945" during the audit. The plan is subdivided into subheadings such as accusations, civil lawsuits, and public opinion battles. 1945 was interpreted as the year of liberation of our country and meant the independence of the people's representatives.

- AI translation of korean news source

soon

Unread post by soon »

heya. ive's latest comeback sounds like it's going to bee a banger and let me just say i'm happy ive isn't doing y2k.

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

What's the latest on the Korean babes?

Winning.
soon

Unread post by soon »

i remember the last time i posted on the blue cashew i was private messaged by someone with a blank username. shortly after that someone threatened me by daring me to fafo. i mean, so rude.

speaking of fafo i guess the ceo of ador also learned something about that today.
HYBE will report ADOR CEO to police for negligence of her duties today, the BTS agency said Thursday.

"We have gathered specific evidence that the ADOR CEO has led a move to seize management of the company," HYBE said in a press release on Thursday morning.

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/ne ... n-/2033359

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Gnarly.

Winning.
weebles2

Been jamming to this classic

soon

Unread post by soon »

i've been watching a party involving a treacherous CEO weebs.
This is a notice from HYBE.

Of what was claimed by CEO Min Hee Jin at the press conference today, there is so much that is far from the truth to the point that it is difficult to go through them one by one.

CEO Min distorted the facts by mixing up the timeline and presented her characteristic distorted way of interpretation in a public setting.

We can refute all claims with evidence, but we have decided not to mention them one by one as we judge that they are not worth responding to.

However, we will diligently comment about the facts that must be clearly stated in business terms among the inquiries from media.

We respectfully request CEO Min to stop lying that, “there was no offer for dialogue,” and that, “there was no email response,” return the information assets as requested, and respond promptly to the audit. We urge her to resign promptly for the proper management of ADOR as she has already proven herself unfit to be in charge of management.

Also, please stop continuously mentioning artists and their parents as it degrades the value of the artists.

soon

Unread post by soon »

here's a couple of shots of the lawyers for CEO min hee jin during her big press conference. face palms and stifling laughter.

soon

Unread post by soon »

hybe set up a brand new subsidiary and financed everything. hybe took all the risk and the CEO of ador was eventually rewarded with an 18% share in the company. it sounds to me that the CEO of ador got everything she wanted.
“I know that it would have been best for me to spend my own money and make a label. The reason I joined the company was that it had a set system. The family, the employees, it was easier for me to pay them. But if you make a new company, you inevitably become poor. But I wanted to fulfill my potential. It wasn't about making money. Getting investors involved would've been so difficult for me as a woman. I've seen so many dirty things. So I thought, 'Let's just join a company and get paid.' "

weebles2

Just bee happy on the old JBLs

weebles2

Welcome to the party

soon

Unread post by soon »

netizens all agree this is a red flag. keep in mind they all think of this situation as a kdrama come to life. daebak!
“It's so difficult,” Min answers. “NewJeans and I have something more than what you would know. They always tell me that they thank me and love me. Hanni told me that she'd come over to me. Haerin is usually like a cat and doesn't speak a lot, but she called me and told me that she couldn't come up with the words to text me. She said that she just wanted to hear my voice. Haerin cried for 20 whole minutes” Min bursts into tears. “She told me that she thanks me so much because I helped her through hard times. She said that she wants to tell everyone what happened. The members' mothers are so worried that I'm going to kill myself. But why would I? I'm going to say everything that I have in my heart. Do you know what Park Ji-won said to the mothers? He said that he's not going to talk to them, just to ADOR. And they say that they care about NewJeans? I don't care whether they sue me for libel.”

- translation from press conference of ADORE CEO Min Hee Jin

weebles2

soon

Unread post by soon »

hmm, perhaps paul mccartney was the exception that proves the rule that 70's bands made the best 80's music.

weebles2

soon

Unread post by soon »

i can almost imagine weebs cruising down the highway in his ford fusion blasting this song on his stereo.

weebles2

:D :thumbup: