Edward

Re: Get lost in the music

Unread post by Edward »

You don't say...

I came to get down.
soon

Unread post by soon »

there's been a ton of 5th gen k-pop groups releasing new songs these days and they all seem to have a 90's feel. of course north americans remember the 90's weren't all that great music-wise.

anyway, that was then and this is now. this is my favorite 5th gen single so far and kiss of life's single album sold well enough they aren't considered nugu anymore, not that i ever saw them as nugu. here's a fun fact, the creative director of this group was on the survival competition show produce 101 with (g)i-dle's soyeon.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
soon

Unread post by soon »

blackpink is 3rd generation btw. (g)i-dle is considered one of the first groups in the 4th gen.

p.s. don't expect a new blackpink album until next year. since they've all signed with different agencies they have to coordinate schedules now and it's much harder to do.

soon

Unread post by soon »

some of you think i'm korean i love it so much. the reality is i am mostly aliened from western culture. as most of you know i hate going outside and avoid it if i can. i've stopped listening to western pop. i can't watch western tv. so when i found k-dramas and kpop it was a lifetime moment for me.

the reality is this is me providing content. it doesn't matter if none of you care. i do this because i like researching new things.

weebles2

Unread post by weebles2 »

I have no idea what is popular in modern pop culture I pretty much am stuck in the 80’s and 90’s.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i found myself asking this question before i found k-pop.

soon

Unread post by soon »

this is kinda neat. watch the wonyoung swish captured in game form.

soon

Unread post by soon »

we talked about (g)i-dle being one of the first of the 4th generation of kpop groups. at the same time as (g)idle two other successful girl groups debuted and now you know how (g)i-dle, iz*one and itzy became known as the i-trinity of the 4th gen.

p.s. bet on me is the best of what they call k-pop synth-pop.

weebles2

Happy Friday

soon

Unread post by soon »

i was watching some early qwer content where they phoned lee dahye in taiwan in an attempt to recruit her. it's a cool bit of content that i'll post later but right now i have to post this video. this is where a youtuber with 3 million subscribers decides to form a girl group based on an anime called oshi no ko. i bet you never thought you'd hear the word bildungsroman outside of nietzsche. prepare yourself for an epic story of growth, weebs.

soon

Unread post by soon »

other idol groups have a creative director, producers, and songwriters.

(g)i-dle has soyeon.

soon

Unread post by soon »

in approximately half an hour le sserafim will be taking the stage at coachella. it's hard to believe it's been a year since i watched blackpink.

soon

Unread post by soon »

wow, they actually had nile rodgers on stage playing his solo in unforgiven.

soon

Unread post by soon »

sorry weebs, but rappers have the worst stage shows.
Q- Unrelated but how many of yall went to Tyler the Creator after the le sserafim one ended?

A- Yes. Dropped 20 f-bombs the first few minutes. When he referred to the audience as n-words, I knew he wasn't for me and shut him off.

- random redditors

soon

Unread post by soon »

it was a particularly shitty night for nile rodgers and bernie edwards so they went home and jammed. within that jam they came up with a groove. they knew the anger evident in the chorus of "a-a-a-a-a-a-ah, fuck off!" wouldn't cut it on the dance floor so they came up with something more suitable.

soon

Unread post by soon »

le sserafim's performance will bee even better next week. in the meantime check out the nile rodgers performance. he's briefly highlighted by le sserafim @ around the 2:07 mark.

soon

Unread post by soon »

he talks a little about (g)i-dle and qwer doing j-pop oriented songs and takes an informative deep dive into the kpop scene from the 90s until now. once again i wish youtube would provide proper translation software but it is what it is.

speaking of which i watched le sserafim's live countdown for the release of easy on youtube last month. le sserafim used Ai to do a proper real-time translation and it was like heaven to my western eyes.

soon

Unread post by soon »

growth weebs. i can't even explain how much it means.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i like how magenta is doing background vocals and even harmonizing with siyeon. it's hard to believe that even just a few short months ago magenta could only look at her fretboard as she played.

soon

Unread post by soon »

the music producer that talked about (g)i-dle and qwer talked about what's known as girlcrush vs. bubblegum pop and how the korean music industry usually fluctuates between the two genres. of course we all know i'm a bigger fan of bubblegum because it seems more timeless to me. perhaps it's because i started off devouring western pop first. i donno.

soon

Unread post by soon »

if i had any advice for le sserafim next week perform your trifecta of easy, smart, and perfect night like you did with 'we've got so much' on your comeback showcase stage. don't dance, as evidenced from the initial crowd reaction the audience came to hear these songs in all their vocal glory.

weebles2

You know who did well outside or rap was Vanilla Ice turns out he is a successful contractor it is neat story worth checking out soon Retro 90’s is coming back.

soon

Unread post by soon »

now that i'm able to read the korean music charts thanks to microsoft edge i've learned a thing or two. one thing i learned is one tiny streaming service with less than two percent of the market kept (g)i-dle from racking up all-kill minutes this month:(

the streaming service known as bugs with their tiny little slice of the pie is where the alternative crowd would go to listen to music. in fact it's the streaming service you'd normally go to listen to qwer. in fact qwer is number two on bugs right now. that being said qwer is being streamed on the major services as well. the only bad thing as a nugu group is marketing and distribution. qwer hasn't sold many albums through retail.

soon

Unread post by soon »

woo hoo, qwer sold 51 copies of their album through retail today. not bad but in contrast ive sold 495 albums today and they haven't performed at all since they got back from their tour.

soon

Unread post by soon »

this is probably every guys reaction to ive. you can't help but feel good when they do their version of bubblegum.

weebles2

That song title reminded me of this hit from 2006 it still is one those rewatchable feel good movies.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i really shouldn't bee comparing qwer to ive. qwer have their own charms. here they are filming the teaser for their debut last year.

soon

Unread post by soon »

bubblegum weebs, it was huge in the 70s.

soon

Unread post by soon »

aww this is cute, qwer took part in another groups dance challenge.

soon

Unread post by soon »

qwer is up to 819 albums sold through retail this week. they're also slowly moving up the music charts.

this is called the ichart. what it does is reflect the scores of all the major music charts and if a group is #1 realtime on ichart it's called a perfect all kill.