what do yall play?

Register accountRead the forum rules
Sargent Smellibitz

Re: what do yall play?

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

I reckon it sounds like bear doing helium but we might see one day...

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

:D

:purdy:
Berry Sweet

I've considered buying a megaphone...just incase I want to attend a protest or somewhere where JT is ....it would also help with the sea song :D

Sargent Smellibitz

Probably better to buy a mobile phone signal blocking bag or sleeve and a mask. :(

deadskinmask

Unread post by deadskinmask »

i'm gonna say that yall should probably consider starting a weekly "family night".... get a few board games and age appropriate movies.... build some memories with ppl you love.... :(

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Bread of Heaven, Bread Heaven............feed me 'til I want no mooooooooore.

Scooter

Unread post by Scooter »

deadskinmask wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 17:56 just a reminder that this was originally about board games.... do yall not play board games? do yall not have "family nights"? pizza, games, movies.... shit like that.... :(
I'm an only child and my parents worked too much to spend time with games and stuff. We played Monopoly, for sure and it was an older version. The box was somewhat beat up but the board and pieces were in decent shape. Like a game that everyone had to have because it was so much fun and unique back in the day? There was Checkers, of course. Scrabble. I learned how to play Backgammon. Battleship. *

The first house I lived in had a finished basement. I don't know if it was part of the build or if Dad did it. (the second house we lived in, I know my dad did it with some help with experienced friends) It was a den of sorts and Dad bought a Pool Table. There was talk of how impossible it was to get that thing in the basement in the first place. LOL. My grandparents retired and bought our house when my parents were looking to get closer to work. It was decided that the Pool table would not be moved and stay in the basement.

So, we played Pool and had fun with that. And I could play Pool with and against myself. My rich uncle had a Bumper Pool table in his converted basement. It was kind of small and gay but since I knew how to play Pool, it was a fun game whenever I was there for a visit.

roll me up and smoke me when I die
deadskinmask

Scooter wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 10:11
deadskinmask wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 17:56 just a reminder that this was originally about board games.... do yall not play board games? do yall not have "family nights"? pizza, games, movies.... shit like that.... :(
I'm an only child and my parents worked too much to spend time with games and stuff. We played Monopoly, for sure and it was an older version. The box was somewhat beat up but the board and pieces were in decent shape. Like a game that everyone had to have because it was so much fun and unique back in the day? There was Checkers, of course. Scrabble. I learned how to play Backgammon. Battleship. *

The first house I lived in had a finished basement. I don't know if it was part of the build or if Dad did it. (the second house we lived in, I know my dad did it with some help with experienced friends) It was a den of sorts and Dad bought a Pool Table. There was talk of how impossible it was to get that thing in the basement in the first place. LOL. My grandparents retired and bought our house when my parents were looking to get closer to work. It was decided that the Pool table would not be moved and stay in the basement.

So, we played Pool and had fun with that. And I could play Pool with and against myself. My rich uncle had a Bumper Pool table in his converted basement. It was kind of small and gay but since I knew how to play Pool, it was a fun game whenever I was there for a visit.
those were nice stories.... i played Monopoly with my grandparents twice a week.... they made my mom and uncle play too.... i never understood how they MADE my uncle do anything.... he was 6ft3 and mean as a two-headed snake.... he was kinda teched as well.... but he did what my grandmother said regardless.... i guess everybody has played Monopoly at least once in their life.... i'm a high risk player and i do really well 85% of the time but when its "not my night", i get beat down to my socks.... i just want my grandkids to have the kind of memories that i've been blessed with.... :(

ps - mail me any of your leftover game pieces.... we recycle.... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
Berry Sweet

I use to really like the game 'perfection'. Try and beat the clock before it pops up.

Scooter

Unread post by Scooter »

deadskinmask wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 13:44

.... i just want my grandkids to have the kind of memories that i've been blessed with.... :(
That's what it's all about, really.
I have other things I could say but I won't.

weebles2

Unread post by weebles2 »

If I get drunk enough I will sometimes join in on a game of cards against humanity

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Scooter wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 10:11

I love your stories, Scooter. You may not recognize it, but there something so heartwarmingly wholesome about them.

Scooter

Unread post by Scooter »

mimi wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 19:08

I love your stories, Scooter. You may not recognize it, but there something so heartwarmingly wholesome about them.
I'm a little 'out there' sometimes when I come here but that is part of why I am here. I appreciate the community aspect and being a part of it. I'm a quiet person and really don't have much to say.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Scooter wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 19:54

I'm a little 'out there' sometimes when I come here but that is part of why I am here. I appreciate the community aspect and being a part of it. I'm a quiet person and really don't have much to say.
I think only YOU think you don't have much to say. I enjoy your input. It's a pleasure to read someone who isn't here, just to slam other posters.

Berry Sweet

So you're a pool playing, hard liquor dude.

Berry Sweet

If I do have dreams of you bees, Scooter is always the happy dude with the hard alcohol :thumbup1:
My dreams are never wrong. Skinz is a hard core southerner that talks a lot, the voice and all...eds is always really creepy....a few others too..

weebles2

In summer I like playing Croquet it is fun

deadskinmask

weebles2 wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 20:25 In summer I like playing Croquet it is fun
i've played Croquet.... its pretty fun.... i play Lawn Darts too but its highly frowned upon.... :D

Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Scooter wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 19:54

huge fan......responsible (mostly) hard working man who enjoys his friends and life's pleasures. Expresses himself well and keeps calm and carries on despite idiot co-workers and customers.

Scooter

Unread post by Scooter »

Berry Sweet wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 20:10 So you're a pool playing, hard liquor dude.
Nah, I just drink beer and smoke some weed. I go to the liquor store every now and then to get some bourbon or tequila to sip on.

As far as pool ... I can't remember if I was in a swimming pool or hot tub or played pool last. That would have been over 20 years ago. I know the last place I played pool was at The Dew Drop Inn. It was a nearby bar that we didn't frequent but we'd pop in there every now and then.

What are you doing? Wanna hang out?
Yeah, come on over!
What are we going to do?
Let's go up to the Dew Drop and play some pool!

Scooter

Unread post by Scooter »

That was with my dearly departed friend, Ralph. He played bass in a band and I'd almost always meet him at his gig and we'd be at that bar until closing or go to another bar or two before they closed.

This is his finest bass playing.

This is his song and him singing about a breakup with his longtime girlfriend.

*SKINZ is gonna be pissed that I'm posting music and whatnot in his thread. LOL

Scooter

Unread post by Scooter »

Lochdubh wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 04:59 Expresses himself well and keeps calm and carries on despite idiot co-workers and customers.
I pride myself on spelling and being literate. I'm not a people person but I can handle the customers and have them walk away happy. (or not. depends on the customer. some people have a gripe about everything in life) As for co-workers? I'm losing my religion. I feel like I'm trying to run that meat department by myself and I just can't do it.

Sargent Smellibitz

Scooter wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 15:20
Lochdubh wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 04:59 Expresses himself well and keeps calm and carries on despite idiot co-workers and customers.
I pride myself on spelling and being literate. I'm not a people person but I can handle the customers and have them walk away happy. (or not. depends on the customer. some people have a gripe about everything in life) As for co-workers? I'm losing my religion. I feel like I'm trying to run that meat department by myself and I just can't do it.

You need a keen apprentice.

Sargent Smellibitz

deadskinmask wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 02:21
weebles2 wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 20:25 In summer I like playing Croquet it is fun
i've played Croquet.... its pretty fun.... i play Lawn Darts too but its highly frowned upon.... :D
Us close in age 4 brothers had a parental moratorium placed on summertime Badminton games for years.

We all tried to smash the shuttlecocks into each other's face pussy launch pads at warp speed. :biggrin:

It was vicious but we liked it...

Until the youngest (6 years younger) copped a shuttle-rock disguised in a shuttlecock, to his forehead. :D :D

weebles2

Sorry for your loss Scoots..

deadskinmask

Sargent Smellibitz wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 22:14
deadskinmask wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 02:21 i've played Croquet.... its pretty fun.... i play Lawn Darts too but its highly frowned upon.... :D
Us close in age 4 brothers had a parental moratorium placed on summertime Badminton games for years.

We all tried to smash the shuttlecocks into each other's face pussy launch pads at warp speed. :biggrin:

It was vicious but we liked it...

Until the youngest (6 years younger) copped a shuttle-rock disguised in a shuttlecock, to his forehead. :D :D
never played badminton.... it just looks so sad to me.... we played horseshoes until we turned it into a contact sport.... then they replaced everything with rubber.... even the horseshoes.... after that we quit playing.... :(

evs

Unread post by evs »

Ha! Adds an entirely new meaning to spoilsport. The only “sport” I ever enjoyed was yoga.

~ plaid ~
Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Berry Sweet wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 15:05
Lochdubh wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 14:57 Post a few questions from Bible Trivia
I dont remember. A few questions I can recall are
* how many sons did Job have?
* what happened to Jobs children?
" what did God give to the Israelites to eat in the dessert?
* does God ever change His mind?
* who is Solomon's father?

Most of them are pretty simple for me, others questions can be more complex.
How many jobs did job have?

Winning.