Tiktoc banned in America

Register accountRead the forum rules
Skipper

Tiktoc banned in America

Unread post by Skipper »

The US House of Representatives has passed a landmark bill that could see TikTok banned in America.

It would give the social media giant's Chinese parent company, ByteDance, six months to sell its controlling stake or the app will be blocked in the US.

While the bill passed overwhelmingly in a bipartisan vote, it still needs to clear the Senate and be signed by the president to become law.

Lawmakers have long held concerns about China's influence over TikTok.

ByteDance is based in Beijing and is subject to a national security law requiring it to share data with Chinese officials.

Berry Sweet

Re: Tiktoc banned in America

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

Oh no...if they ban TikTok in the US, then all the gender confused will have nowhere to spew their delusions and narcissisim...

...but they are claiming "They are also worried that China could use TikTok’s content recommendations for misinformation, a concern that has escalated in the United States during the Israel-Hamas war. Critics say that TikTok has fueled the spread of antisemitism and promoted pro-Palestinian content to American users."

:purdy:
soon

Unread post by soon »

korean content rarely mention american talking points and the war in the middle east isn't even on their radar. i also heard some korean women talking about test tube babies without a hint of hysteria. mentioning it as one of the ways older women can have children without the attendant risks. i was shocked.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
Skipper

Unread post by Skipper »

I never visit ch1nk tok on my computers or phone and risk getting spyware from the prc government,they hate us and ch1nks like asal are loyal to china, not canada

asal

Unread post by asal »

TikTok tracks users. I'd rather not interact with an app like that.

Get in on it.
Berry Sweet

soon

Unread post by soon »

tiktok is the home of the k-pop dance challenge so i'm okay if i never see another american made video.

p.s. this is chaewon doing a dance challenge with aespa's karina before the big karina dating scandal.

Sargent Smellibitz

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

Tiktoc is spying shit and idiots use it.

However, the Tiktoc bill will make instantaneous censorship commonplace and criminalize VPN's

The internet is dying....

soon

Unread post by soon »

the thing i don't like about tiktok is they pay the artists next to nothing. the reality is tiktok wouldn't exist without the artist. anyway, an example would bee blackpink with a billion streams for "how you like that" but blackpink only makes something like $40,000 dollars. tiktok is one of the reasons congress has a hiphop taskforce designed to address the pay disparity.

Sargent Smellibitz

:rolleyes:

soon

Unread post by soon »

it's true though. shareholders and the like are stealing your very life and monetizing it while charging you an entry fee.

Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

So they want to ban tiktok in order to protect voluntary users?

deadskinmask

Unread post by deadskinmask »

this is great news.... now if we can put trump in jail, take republicans off the ballot, change the voter laws and flood the country with illegals, we may be able to "save our democracy".... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
Berry Sweet

A lot of people are moving over to patreon and other platforms. Even those who have YouTube channels...and their warning their viewers just incase they get shut down on YouTube, you can find them elsewhere.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i heard that don lemon signed and debuted a new show on X. don lemon's first and last guest was elon musk who seemingly cancelled don lemon's contract after the interview.

Sargent Smellibitz

soon wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 09:11 it's true though. shareholders and the like are stealing your very life and monetizing it while charging you an entry fee.
It's been going on since the dawn of humanity...

soon

Unread post by soon »

web 2.0 is where users created their own content. web 3.0 is where big money comes in and steals your content then sells it back to you.

Sargent Smellibitz

soon wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 23:50 web 2.0 is where users created their own content. web 3.0 is where big money comes in and steals your content then sells it back to you.
That's not "shareholders".

soon

Unread post by soon »

there's only one block of shares that matter. in any event you don't have the money and the knowledge to get in early on anything in a meaningful way. the best you can do is follow the stock ticker and invest in something with enough momentum to keep itself going.

soon

Unread post by soon »

here's some good news for those of you that think tech companies should suffer consequences for raking in billions while playing dumb about moderation. i wonder why she didn't mention twitter?
Judge rules YouTube, Facebook and Reddit must face lawsuits claiming they helped radicalize a mass shooter

In her decision, the judge said that the plaintiffs may proceed with their lawsuit, which claims social media companies — like Meta, Alphabet, Reddit and 4chan — ”profit from the racist, antisemitic, and violent material displayed on their platforms to maximize user engagement,” including the time then 18-year-old Payton Gendron spent on their platforms viewing that material.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/03/19/tech ... index.html

Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »