I used to ask why - now I know.

Register accountRead the forum rules
asal

Re: I used to ask why - now I know.

Unread post by asal »

A friend of mine has blood type B. She said she needs to eat red meat every once in a while.

I'm blood type A - which does better on fish/plants.

Blood type diet

...Here's what D'Adamo recommends for each type:

Type O blood: A high-protein diet heavy on lean meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables, and light on grains, beans, and dairy. D'Adamo also recommends various supplements to help with tummy troubles and other issues he says people with type O tend to have.

Type A blood: A meat-free diet based on fruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains -- ideally, organic and fresh, because D'Adamo says people with type A blood have a sensitive immune system.

Type B blood: Avoid corn, wheat, buckwheat, lentils, tomatoes, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Chicken is also problematic, D'Adamo says. He encourages eating green vegetables, eggs, certain meats, and low-fat dairy.

Type AB blood: Foods to focus on include tofu, seafood, dairy, and green vegetables. He says people with type AB blood tend to have low stomach acid. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and smoked or cured meats....

Get in on it.
evs

Unread post by evs »

Mad Serb wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 14:31 I think part of the appeal is that when people switch to meat diet they also abandon a lots of junk. They immediatelly feel better and conclude that meat is the solution. It may be, but it could also be lack of sugar, lowering total caloric intake etc. Also, for some diseases meat diet may (and aparently does) help, but it may be to a degree detrimental to overall health.
I wonder if there is a long term study of meat eaters, decade or so, where thoe people were compared to omnivores who don't abuse carbs
Actually that happens when ppl switch to a vegan diet too. The difference is, vegan diet is a starvation diet and are not sustainable long term, unlike carnivore.

And long term study on carnivore lol that’s your Serbian ancestors.

~ plaid ~
weebles2

Unread post by weebles2 »

Well if it works it works do you take any supplements or vitamins to help balance everything out?

evs

Unread post by evs »

asal wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 15:15 A friend of mine has blood type B. She said she needs to eat red meat every once in a while.

I'm blood type A - which does better on fish/plants.

Blood type diet
Asal (btw the annoying autocorrect of your nick is asap so if you see me say asap, that’s my bloody autocorrect), you are onto something here but that theory is a little bit like horoscope:)

My understanding of it is that you would need up go back in human evolution to understand the blood type diet - zero was the first blood type when ppl were almost exclusively carnivores so they need to eat mostly animal based to thrive. Type A started showing when more fruit and veg started to be cultivated, so A blood type needs both meet and fruit/veg. Only with grain cultivation, blood types B and AB showed up so in theory they can eat all of the above. I am B negative and most of my life (until last year) I had no issues with any food. Since last year I am feeling the carb impact and that, maybe, makes sense, as I am a heterozygote of O and B, so can be expected to have some intolerance for plant foods.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

weebles2 wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 15:23 Well if it works it works do you take any supplements or vitamins to help balance everything out?
I am not able to switch to carnivore cold turkey but I have since last week cut carbs significantly and my level of energy is so much higher, it’s incredible. No supplements for how, I don’t think I really need them.

~ plaid ~
asal

Unread post by asal »

everyone, needs to respond to asal ASAP. Gracias.

Get in on it.
weebles2

Yeah I take a once daily multivitamin and it seems to do the trick.

The only thing I seem to be low on is potassium for some reason my GP gives me heck about that all the time.

soon

Unread post by soon »

western canadians were a real meat and potato salt of the earth type of people at one time.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

evs wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 15:16 And long term study on carnivore lol that’s your Serbian ancestors.
My ancestors (grandparetns and few elders I have data for) have not lived to 80. My parents/aunts uncles almost all lived or still live, above 80 or even to 90-ies. Now, that's one generation only, by my grandparents were poor peasants, and their diet is probably close to what rural Serbs consumed for centuries - that is, veggies and a bit of meat. What is different? Possibly medical care (elders saw doctor few times in their lives, preventive medicine was non-existent), less back breaking work in parents' generation, no indoor wood stoves (better air), more diverse diet, but not as opulent and junk-ish as today.

soon

Unread post by soon »

jinx.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Mad Serb wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 15:39
evs wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 15:16 And long term study on carnivore lol that’s your Serbian ancestors.
My ancestors (grandparetns and few elders I have data for) have not lived to 80. My parents/aunts uncles almost all lived or still live, above 80 or even to 90-ies. Now, that's one generation only, by my grandparents were poor peasants, and their diet is probably close to what rural Serbs consumed for centuries - that is, veggies and a bit of meat. What is different? Possibly medical care (elders saw doctor few times in their lives, preventive medicine was non-existent), less back breaking work in parents' generation, no indoor wood stoves (better air), more diverse diet, but not as opulent and junk-ish as today.
One huge advantage we have is modern dental care. think how many of the old-uns died due to infection/sepsis as their teef rotted away.

evs

Unread post by evs »

Actually, ppl on carnivore diet get no gum disease. Go figure.

~ plaid ~
Sargent Smellibitz

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

weebles2 wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 15:33 Yeah I take a once daily multivitamin and it seems to do the trick.

The only thing I seem to be low on is potassium for some reason my GP gives me heck about that all the time.
Potassium loss has specific causes................

Sargent Smellibitz

evs wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 20:03 Actually, ppl on carnivore diet get no gum disease. Go figure.
I've noticed one of my parents from a large sibling base had decades of gum problems until they married into white collar and served meat/animal protein every day.

asal

Unread post by asal »

Trendy keto diet will NOT protect your teeth: Dentists urge followers of low-carb regimes to keep brushing twice a day - even if they are eating less sugar

People who eat low-carb high-meat often brag of having better oral health
Dentists admit these diets may be lower in sugar - a cause of tooth decay
But they said a lack of vitamins and minerals can have the opposite effect ...

How Diet May Alter Risk of Periodontal Disease

...We studied 923 participants in the Oral Infections, Glucose Intolerance and Insulin Resistance Study (ORIGINS) at the Columbia University Irving Medical Center. The cohort was mostly female (73%), college-educated (76%), healthier than average, and disproportionately Hispanic (32%). To measure diet, participants completed the National Cancer Institute’s validated Diet History Questionnaire 1, from which we calculated two commonly used composite scores of diet quality: The Alternative Healthy Eating Index (AHEI) and A Priori Diet Quality Score (APDQI).

We then conducted in-depth periodontal exams to assess a range of measures of gum disease, such as severe gum infection (periodontitis). We modeled the association between continuous measures of periodontal disease (e.g., average depth of the groove between gums and teeth) and the odds of developing severe gum infection. The models were adjusted for known risk factors, such as age, sex, race/ethnicity, education, smoking, body mass index, total caloric intake, and prediabetic status.

Notably, with a limited exception, overall diet quality as measured by AHEI and APDQS were not correlated with any periodontal outcomes. However, when we dug down into different components of diet, some trends emerged. Higher nut consumption was associated with better periodontal health. The opposite was true for consumption of red meat and trans-fats—as consumption of these foods rose, several measures of gum health deteriorated.

The upshot of these findings is that overall diet does not seem to correlate with gum disease. Instead, some specific foods might be more relevant. The researchers provide several potential explanations, including the anti-inflammatory and fiber properties of some foods....

Get in on it.
Sargent Smellibitz

All lies....

asal

Unread post by asal »

That's nice.

Low-carbohydrate diets and all-cause mortality: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies

Epub 2013 Jan 25.

...Conclusion: Low-carbohydrate diets were associated with a significantly higher risk of all-cause mortality and they were not significantly associated with a risk of CVD mortality and incidence. However, this analysis is based on limited observational studies and large-scale trials on the complex interactions between low-carbohydrate diets and long-term outcomes are needed.

Get in on it.
asal

Unread post by asal »

Lower carbohydrate diets and all-cause and cause-specific mortality: a population-based cohort study and pooling of prospective studies

19 April 2019

Aims

Little is known about the long-term association between low-carbohydrate diets (LCDs) and mortality. We evaluated the link between LCD and overall or cause-specific mortality using both individual data and pooled prospective studies.

Methods and results

Data on diets from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES; 1999–2010) were analysed. Multivariable Cox proportional hazards were applied to determine the hazard ratios and 95% confidence intervals (CIs) for mortality for each quartile of the LCD score, with the lowest quartile (Q1—with the highest carbohydrates intake) used as reference. We used adjusted Cox regression to determine the risk ratio (RR) and 95% CI, as well as random effects models and generic inverse variance methods to synthesize quantitative and pooled data, followed by a leave-one-out method for sensitivity analysis. Overall, 24 825 participants from NHANES study were included (mean follow-up 6.4 years). After adjustment, participants with the lowest carbohydrates intake (quartile 4 of LCD) had the highest risk of overall (32%), cardiovascular disease (CVD) (50%), cerebrovascular (51%), and cancer (36%) mortality. In the same model, the association between LCD and overall mortality was stronger in the non-obese (48%) than in the obese (19%) participants. Findings on pooled data of nine prospective cohort studies with 462 934 participants (mean follow-up 16.1 years) indicated a positive association between LCD and overall (RR 1.22, 95% CI 1.06–1.39, P < 0.001, I2 = 8.6), CVD (RR 1.13, 95% CI 1.02–1.24, P < 0.001, I2 = 11.2), and cancer mortality (RR 1.08, 95% CI 1.01–1.14, P = 0.02, I2 = 10.3). These findings were robust in sensitivity analyses.

Conclusion

Our study suggests a potentially unfavourable association of LCD with overall and cause-specific mortality, based on both new analyses of an established cohort and by pooling previous cohort studies. Given the nature of the study, causality cannot be proven; we cannot rule out residual bias. Nevertheless, further studies are needed to extend these important findings, which if confirmed, may suggest a need to rethink recommendations for LCD in clinical practice.

Get in on it.
evs

Unread post by evs »

Sargent Smellibitz wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 23:18 All lies....
I don't believe it either. Also, the doc in the op is not advocating keto as the best choice, but carnivore - animal food diet. That means no mayo or seed oil products, only butter, lard, and tallow, along with the animal protein.

~ plaid ~
Reel

Unread post by Reel »

Haven't eaten meat in 25 years.

Feel fine.

It's easy to judge because it's so hard to understand.
evs

Unread post by evs »

Really?? Blood type B negative, right? :p

~ plaid ~
Sargent Smellibitz

Filthy full time plant eaters need to die.

Fortunately, they will sooner. :D

No meat, no heart beat. :(

evs

Unread post by evs »

Reelski, how did you decide to become a vegetarian? I have a feeling we talked about it way back when, but my memory is terrible lately.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

Sargent Smellibitz wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 20:28 No meat, no heart beat.
I tend to agree. *sigh*

~ plaid ~
Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

memory loss is common for vegans.

I forget why.

evs

Unread post by evs »

:biggrin:

~ plaid ~
weebles2

evs wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 00:43
Sargent Smellibitz wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 23:18 All lies....
I don't believe it either. Also, the doc in the op is not advocating keto as the best choice, but carnivore - animal food diet. That means no mayo or seed oil products, only butter, lard, and tallow, along with the animal protein.
For some reason this comes to mind lol

evs

Unread post by evs »

Haha! See it there - “my heart hurts”. That’s how poisoned our culture got with the hate of saturated fats, it’s in cartoons!

~ plaid ~
Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

evs

Unread post by evs »

I saw that but I think it’s bunk. No links to publications, only affiliate links and ads. My theory makes sense lol or at least is congruent with what we know about our ancestors’ diets since homo sapients came to existence.

~ plaid ~