Man lives I'm a Uhaul

Register accountRead the forum rules
Skipper

Man lives I'm a Uhaul

Unread post by Skipper »

The housing situation in Vancouver is that bad

A video posted on YouTube by a Vancouver man who says he lived in a U-Haul storage locker for two months shows how far people will go to avoid paying the city's sky-high rents, but the company has a warning for anyone thinking of copying the move.

"U-Haul has procedures in place to detect anyone attempting to break the law and live in a storage locker/unit," company spokesman Jeff Lockridge told CBC News.

mimi

Re: Man lives I'm a Uhaul

Unread post by mimi »

wot? :huh:

Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Lesbians are fascinated by U-hauls and start seriously considering hiring one after a second date. :p

Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

I’m fascinated you know this. I had no idea?

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

Skipper wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 20:08 The housing situation in Vancouver is that bad

A video posted on YouTube by a Vancouver man who says he lived in a U-Haul storage locker for two months shows how far people will go to avoid paying the city's sky-high rents, but the company has a warning for anyone thinking of copying the move.

"U-Haul has procedures in place to detect anyone attempting to break the law and live in a storage locker/unit," company spokesman Jeff Lockridge told CBC News.
It's because landlords (especially Vancouver) are very greedy, Skippy. And most of them are from Asia/China.

Best way to counteract this is a land hoarding tax.

And I bet if the government did this our so called 'housing shortage' would end pretty quick.

These landlords/land hoarders are EVIL.

No wonder everybody hates all these offshore investors so much. They're destroying our society.