Do you buy or sell on Marketplace

Register accountRead the forum rules
mimi

Do you buy or sell on Marketplace

Unread post by mimi »

I don't have a Facebook account, but hub does. We sold a TON of stuff on Marketplace when we moved.
You're not going to get big bucks for what you sell, but it goes so crazy fast, that that's a bonus in some ways. But on the flip side, you're not going to PAY a lot for something you're looking for either.

Edward

Re: Do you buy or sell on Marketplace

Unread post by Edward »

I can't get into my old email or the my facebook account attached to it. I am too lazy to make a new facebook account.

Winning.
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I hadn't given it much thought, but I have yet to have had a difficult or bad experience. (fingers crossed...picking up a purchase tomorrow) :D

I think I like selling on there better than buying on there, ONLY because the ball's in their court to arrange pick-up and payment. :D
But I've found things that were amazing deals. I used to check Wayfair or Amazon when looking for something, but now I always check Marketplace first. I almost always find what I'm looking for at fractions of the price in either of those. PLUS you find unique items not found in either of those either. And the massive PLUS...re-use, re-purpose, re-cycle. =)

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Sounds pretty good. I have been thinking of getting rid a lot of stuff I haven't used in a long time. I have too much stuff. I wan't minimize my bedroom and start fresh. I'd like new bedroom furniture, walls painted and floor. The flooring is different in my two bedrooms.

Winning.
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

If you have things of value...marketplace isn't a good platform to score big bucks...but if you're just looking for a few bucks above donating AND the ease of someone else picking it up and taking it away...it's golden.
But also check before you buy. There's some amazing deals out there...MORE SO where you are, than where I am...and yet it still seems to have worked well.

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

I'll keep that in mind.

A friend of mine is a city planner here in Vancouver but he was just hired as CEO of a company on the Island. I wish I could say right now what company it is for, but I am not allowed to mention it yet. It could affect the whole Island. He came over to drink wine to celebrate.

Winning.
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Intriguing. :thinking:

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

I don’t like to use those sites and I don't. There's weirdos and scammers on there. Everyone's experience is different, I guess. I would feel better selling something on Market Place if I had a man to do it for me instead.

If I am getting rid of something and selling cheap, I'll post a pic and ask friends on social media first...most of the time someone wants it.

:purdy:
Pantalon de Singe

Unread post by Pantalon de Singe »

‎‎
That's where Joe gets all his gear, he says paying retail is for suckas...

˙ǝlʎʇs ɯnɹoɟ ʇlnɐɟǝp ǝɥʇ ƃuᴉsn pǝʍǝᴉʌ uǝɥʍ (ʞooqʇǝN ,,ᄅƖ) ʎɐldsᴉp xd 89ㄥ × ㄣᄅ0Ɩ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɐ uo (ɯɔ Ɛ~) ʇɥƃᴉǝɥ uᴉ ,,lɐɯɹoN,, ǝzᴉs ʇxǝʇ ɟo sǝuᴉl ϛ uɐɥʇ ǝɹoɯ ou ǝq plnoɥs sǝɹnʇɐuƃᴉS
Berry Sweet

:D

evs

Unread post by evs »

Craigslist is my go-to. No to Facebook or any of its products, I dislike their intrusive and predatory design.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 01 May 2024, 00:10 Craigslist is my go-to. No to Facebook or any of its products, I dislike their intrusive and predatory design.
I didn't even know Facebook had products. :blush:

Berry Sweet

mimi wrote: 01 May 2024, 12:25
evs wrote: 01 May 2024, 00:10 Craigslist is my go-to. No to Facebook or any of its products, I dislike their intrusive and predatory design.
She's probably talking about the ads where you can buy stuff. You gotta be careful buying thru some of them. They're rip offs.

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

I once put a Grundig radio up for sale on Craigslist. I said my price was firm. Some idiot kept messaging me over and over, trying to get a better deal. I finally just said sure I'll take your offer and set a place to meet. I didn't go to the meet up. I just wanted to inconvenience him because he was a jerk.

Winning.
evs

Unread post by evs »

Berry Sweet wrote: 01 May 2024, 13:30
mimi wrote: 01 May 2024, 12:25

She's probably talking about the ads where you can buy stuff. You gotta be careful buying thru some of them. They're rip offs.
Oh i meant instragran, whatsup, messenger - those are all under the fb umbrella.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

Edward wrote: 01 May 2024, 13:51 I once put a Grundig radio up for sale on Craigslist. I said my price was firm. Some idiot kept messaging me over and over, trying to get a better deal. I finally just said sure I'll take your offer and set a place to meet. I didn't go to the meet up. I just wanted to inconvenience him because he was a jerk.
Good! Instant karma:)

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Edward wrote: 01 May 2024, 13:51 I once put a Grundig radio up for sale on Craigslist. I said my price was firm. Some idiot kept messaging me over and over, trying to get a better deal. I finally just said sure I'll take your offer and set a place to meet. I didn't go to the meet up. I just wanted to inconvenience him because he was a jerk.
:D Well done. :D

evs

Unread post by evs »

Meem, that response was at you but I quoted ber’s post. Is it Friday yet? :whiteflag:

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 01 May 2024, 19:51
Berry Sweet wrote: 01 May 2024, 13:30 She's probably talking about the ads where you can buy stuff. You gotta be careful buying thru some of them. They're rip offs.
Oh i meant instragran, whatsup, messenger - those are all under the fb umbrella.
I'm not familiar with instagram, whatsup or messenger.
I only learned about marketplace when we did our last move. We were stuck with mountains of stuff to get rid of, and someone said "put it on marketplace". We did. Everything we listed went within minutes. :D

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 01 May 2024, 19:55 Meem, that response was at you but I quoted the ber’s post. Is it Friday yet?
I may be too slow to pick up on these nuances. :D

evs

Unread post by evs »

I bet. Most of our friends use it. I am just - conflicted:))

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

mimi wrote: 01 May 2024, 19:57
evs wrote: 01 May 2024, 19:55 Meem, that response was at you but I quoted the ber’s post. Is it Friday yet?
I may be too slow to pick up on these nuances. :D
Noooo.. I’m slow to quote the correct post:)) although I really wanted to say @meem and ber… etc.

What’s for dinner:)

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

I used to have breakfast for dinner, now I mostly have granola for dinner:)) generously drenched in homemade plain yoghurt. With your recipe - the crunch stays crunchy - yoghurt or not.

~ plaid ~
Pantalon de Singe

Unread post by Pantalon de Singe »

I'll let Joe know...

˙ǝlʎʇs ɯnɹoɟ ʇlnɐɟǝp ǝɥʇ ƃuᴉsn pǝʍǝᴉʌ uǝɥʍ (ʞooqʇǝN ,,ᄅƖ) ʎɐldsᴉp xd 89ㄥ × ㄣᄅ0Ɩ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɐ uo (ɯɔ Ɛ~) ʇɥƃᴉǝɥ uᴉ ,,lɐɯɹoN,, ǝzᴉs ʇxǝʇ ɟo sǝuᴉl ϛ uɐɥʇ ǝɹoɯ ou ǝq plnoɥs sǝɹnʇɐuƃᴉS
evs

Unread post by evs »

Ha!

Joe is a fb stooge. Guaranteed.

~ plaid ~