Military

Pictures, art, music, and other media.
Sick

Military

Unread post by Sick »

Cool ass military shit. I personally get a raging hardon for F-15's, F-16's, and even the most worthless stealth jets made in the history of worthless stealth jets, the F-22's, and other cool shit that will make a motherfucker on the wrong end have a bad day. Anyhooo........

A 492nd Fighter Squadron’s F-15E Strike Eagle takes off from Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England, Feb. 15, 2017. The 492nd FS trains regularly to ensure RAF Lakenheath brings unique air combat capabilities to the fight. (U.S. Air Force photo/Tech. Sgt. Matthew Plew)

Sick

Re: Military

Unread post by Sick »

An F-15E Strike Eagle breaking the sound barrier.
Sick

Unread post by Sick »

An F-16 Fighting Falcon from the 480th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron takes off from the flightline at Souda Bay, Greece, Feb. 1, 2016, during a flying training deployment. The training included more than 15 aircraft launches a day as part of the training between the U.S. and Hellenic air forces. (U.S. Air Force photo/Staff Sgt. Christopher Ruano)
Sick

Unread post by Sick »

I love this picture. I believe it was taken during the second Gulf war, and just by eyeball, I beleive the first jet in front is an F-15 Strike Eagle, winged on the left by another F-15 Strike Eagle (the two with the darker paint schemes) an F-15 Eagle (the lighter jet to the right) winged by two F-16 Fighting Falcons.
Sick

Unread post by Sick »

Coolio, GIFs do work here. Here's a gif of some bombs being dropped, in which I believe is Syria, but it could be any third world Muslim shithole for all I know. Nonetheless, it still looks cool, and you can actually see the bombs (yes there is two of them, it's not just a fucked up frame) before the moment of impact.
Sick

Unread post by Sick »

Hey Sick, do you have any more of those cool ass bomb gifs? Why... yes! Yes I do!

Here's another one of the same type of bomb, being dropped from an AH-64 Apache Helicopter. I've been jerking my dick so hard to the F-15's that I haven't done much research into what type of bombs these are, but I will look into it and get back to you ASAP.
Sick

Unread post by Sick »

Russian Special Forces in Syria.

Now before you say, Sick, it looks, from the watermark, that it is as if you stole this GIF from another source without properly crediting it's creator, you need to slow your motherfucking roll. mercrogue is my tumblr account where I post more sweet shit like this.
CorsetKat

Unread post by CorsetKat »

I've always been found of fighter gets.

Any big noise in the sky makes me happy, fun show too.
Your favorite mistake.
dageaux

Unread post by dageaux »

I like the old WW2 planes, I like the Spitfires
dageaux

Unread post by dageaux »

The P-40's flown by the Flying Tigers were segzy too
dageaux

Unread post by dageaux »

Always liked the Corsairs as well
dageaux

Unread post by dageaux »

And while this isn't a WW2 plane there is always BRRRRRRRTTTT. The A-10 Warthog is arguably one of the most impressive warplanes ever built. When I was in college I lived about 50 miles north of a A-10 Squadron and they would fly over my campus quite often. It is amazing to watch those things fly because they can fly sooooo slow. They look like they are going to fall out of the sky any time. Then they kick in the afterburners and poof they are gone.
CorsetKat

I'm always amazed by old bombers and cargo planes.
Your favorite mistake.
dageaux

Unread post by dageaux »

My crazy drug addled cousin managed to write and publish a book about a Capt Fletcher Adams who was a bit of a local hero in my hometown.http://www.cebudanderson.com/bleedingsky.htm Adams was a WW2 pilot who was on track to be one of the most lethal pilots of his time during the war before being shot down. (9 confirmed kills in 7 missions) He was assigned to the 357th Fighter group. I tried to read it and while the material is quite interesting my cousin's writing style is very disjointed, but it did resolve in a rather interesting development. The 357th's museum was being decommissioned and they decided to move it to my hometown. The surviving members of the 357th came down for the dedication of the museum http://www.cebudanderson.com/357museum_ ... remony.htm and I got to meet and talk with these gentlemen. There were some very interesting stories in those old men.

The 357th was a fighter group assigned to protecting bombers and were the first pilots to be assigned to P-51 Mustangs and were the baddest asses in the air at the time. I believe that Chuck Yeager was assigned to this group or at least flew with them at times because the men spoke of him quite a bit.

One of the pilots told me (us) a tale of flying his bomber home after having had his tail completely shot off, and how he managed to bring it in with the remaining crew without the ability to steer. If I remember right he landed in a field once he crossed allied lines. Another told of a dogfight where both he and the German pilot ran out of ammunition and saluted each other mid flight and went back their separate ways. They later met at a WW2 convention in Europe and recognized each other from the story and realized that the only reason both were still alive was because neither still had any ammunition. Needless to say the stories were a lot more in depth but I don't remember them. But those were some great old men.

While researching this post I found some of the stories online of these old gentlemen. If you are interested in hearing the full stories, here is the link: http://www.cebudanderson.com/combatstories.htm
CorsetKat

Had two of these babies fly right over me.
Your favorite mistake.