Shins cheating days.

Fighting, shenanigans and friendly banter. Shit flinging of all kinds.
Sturm

Re: Shins cheating days.

Unread post by Sturm »

shin wrote: How much can you bench press, Viking man? I do inclined bench presses in sets of 10 with 200 lbs.

Do you even lift, bro? :P
250kilos benchpress but its like max...

I can do more but I need a spotter.

Sturm

Unread post by Sturm »

shin wrote:

These treadmills have screens with a handful of cable TV stations to choose from (as do the ellipticals). i would find it extra grueling if I didn't have that to look at.
One hour on a treadmill is completely unnecessary. And its really mind numbingly boring.

You should do max.
shin

Unread post by shin »

Sturm wrote:

If I was your personal trainer, I would make you sprint until you fall off the hamster wheel.

Why do you have medication?

Its pretty stupid walking in the hamster wheel since you walk outside.

A lot of women on those things.
Not really

When there's nothing but snow and ice outside, the treadmill provides a low impact terrain with adjustable speed to keep you going at a pace faster than you would think to do on your own, plus an added incline feature for those of us who live on a flat concrete plane with stop lights and traffic at every corner.

I'm schizo.
Laughter is the best medicine... but hilarity is a bee sting!
shin

Unread post by shin »

Sturm wrote:

One hour on a treadmill is completely unnecessary. And its really mind numbingly boring.

You should do max.
If you mess with the difficulty settings, you can burn a lot of calories on them. I don't dare to run fast on them only because the impact might ruin the tread.

At my weight, pedometers say I burn a base amount of near 450 calories an hour just walking at a normal pace. I've been able to work it to a point where the treadmill said I burned more than a thousand calories in an hour.

I primarily use the treadmill to warm up because it raises my heart rate without much fatigue. I think my record for walking is actually a little higher than this, but it was the closest one I found in my records in short time.

Less than 2 miles of that was on a treadmill.
Sturm

Unread post by Sturm »

shin wrote:

Not really

When there's nothing but snow and ice outside, the treadmill provides a low impact terrain with adjustable speed to keep you going at a pace faster than you would think to do on your own, plus an added incline feature for those of us who live on a flat concrete plane with stop lights and traffic at every corner.

I'm schizo.
You are talking about my home with that snow and ice. :D

Theres tracks in here where you can run without being interrupted.

The terrain gives more challenge to your body..
Treadmills dont do that.
Sturm

Unread post by Sturm »

shin wrote:

If you mess with the difficulty settings, you can burn a lot of calories on them. I don't dare to run fast on them only because the impact might ruin the tread.

At my weight, pedometers say I burn a base amount of near 450 calories an hour just walking at a normal pace. I've been able to work it to a point where the treadmill said I burned more than a thousand calories in an hour.

I primarily use the treadmill to warm up because it raises my heart rate without much fatigue. I think my record for walking is actually a little higher than this, but it was the closest one I found in my records in short time.

Less than 2 miles of that was on a treadmill.
I weight 150kilos but I have the muscle mass to not make it much of an effort to carry that weight.

Maybe you are a different case.

Depending on your age, it might not be beneficial to try to kill you at the gym.
Sturm

Unread post by Sturm »

Mona wrote:

I must be an odd duck then, I'd rather straight up admit that I don't like someone and stay the fuck away from them. I can't fake friendship with people. I can barely control my face for a conversation, let alone a whole relationship. I don't handle stupidity well.
You are just divorced and carrying a torch for all people..

That happens.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

Sturm wrote: You are just divorced and carrying a torch for all people..

That happens.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've had the same attitude since I was in primary school. And I don't carry a torch for anyone. I simply don't like to waste energy on fake friendships, relationships, or people. I don't have enough of it to spare.
shin

Unread post by shin »

Sturm wrote:

I weight 150kilos but I have the muscle mass to not make it much of an effort to carry that weight.

Maybe you are a different case.

Depending on your age, it might not be beneficial to try to kill you at the gym.
I'm in my 40s, but I still push myself... just not quite as much as when I was half my current age.

I'm guessing you're considerably taller than I am. I used to work with a guy at the factory named Rufus who was built like few people I've ever seen outside of those bodybuilder magazines. He was kind of short ,though. i wouldn't want him to tackle me.

Occasionally, I get the odd person who tells me I should have been a football player. I've seen a few pro football players, and they looked like ogres in comparison.

On the converse, I've also seen a couple of "pro" wrestlers, and I was shocked at how small they looked. It was almost like the thoughts came into my mind of sizing them up like how I'd fare against them. A good wrestler can end a fight quickly with disadvantages stacked against him, though.
CorsetKat

Unread post by CorsetKat »

You ever try it?

Wrassling with a real wrestler is humbling.

I love me a good wrassle, and I can hold my own.

Us fun size folk are used to it's nuances.
Your favorite mistake.
Sturm

Unread post by Sturm »

shin wrote:

I'm in my 40s, but I still push myself... just not quite as much as when I was half my current age.

I'm guessing you're considerably taller than I am. I used to work with a guy at the factory named Rufus who was built like few people I've ever seen outside of those bodybuilder magazines. He was kind of short ,though. i wouldn't want him to tackle me.

Occasionally, I get the odd person who tells me I should have been a football player. I've seen a few pro football players, and they looked like ogres in comparison.

On the converse, I've also seen a couple of "pro" wrestlers, and I was shocked at how small they looked. It was almost like the thoughts came into my mind of sizing them up like how I'd fare against them. A good wrestler can end a fight quickly with disadvantages stacked against him, though.
Of course you still push yourself at that age.. You aint nowhere near dead..

I´m about 20cm taller than you.. The weight is more suitable for me.

Your friend Rufus is a manlet... You see small guys with massive physiques at the gym all the time.

You are just intimidated by the football players because they are taller than you and have violent reputations.
They dont weight as much as you do.

Wrestlers, boxers, MMA fighters have a billed height and weight.. They increase their size stats to make them more brutal for the audience.
But still they are pros and you cant win in a fight against them.
Sturm

Unread post by Sturm »

I´ve tried to win against a wrestler in a friendly way but I just couldnt do it.

But wrestling is not the way you win a fight. I could have punched him and go full street on him after he is down.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

Sturm wrote: I´ve tried to win against a wrestler in a friendly way but I just couldnt do it.

But wrestling is not the way you win a fight. I could have punched him and go full street on him after he is down.
From an outside perspective of someone who doesn't fight or exercise, I was under the impression that wrestling was a sport, designed to showcase strength, endurance and technique. It's not actually about "fighting" as such.

Seriously, either you are taking testosterone, or you're pretending to be the opposite of what you are. No real man has the need to assert or allude to his supposed physical dominance half as much as you do unless he's impotent to share it in his real life, and uses the internet to make himself feel strong and macho.
Sturm

Unread post by Sturm »

Mona wrote:

From an outside perspective of someone who doesn't fight or exercise, I was under the impression that wrestling was a sport, designed to showcase strength, endurance and technique. It's not actually about "fighting" as such.

Seriously, either you are taking testosterone, or you're pretending to be the opposite of what you are. No real man has the need to assert or allude to his supposed physical dominance half as much as you do unless he's impotent to share it in his real life, and uses the internet to make himself feel strong and macho.
As a sport, they all are designed to showcase strength, endurance and technique..
They are originally meant for fighting.

I´m just saying that if you switch the fighting style, you can overtake the wrestler guy with ease.
Sturm

Unread post by Sturm »

CorsetKat wrote: You ever try it?

Wrassling with a real wrestler is humbling.

I love me a good wrassle, and I can hold my own.

Us fun size folk are used to it's nuances.
Yup we get those panties off while I hold your head to the floor. :lol:
CorsetKat

Unread post by CorsetKat »

Wrassling sex is good times.

Fuck the P word though.
Your favorite mistake.
Sturm

Unread post by Sturm »

CorsetKat wrote: Wrassling sex is good times.

Fuck the P word though.
Whats the P word?
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

Kat hates the word panties.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

Sturm wrote: As a sport, they all are designed to showcase strength, endurance and technique..
They are originally meant for fighting.

I´m just saying that if you switch the fighting style, you can overtake the wrestler guy with ease.
If you switch the fighting style then you are not able to compare the fight on strength and endurance if your'e playing by different rules.

That's like putting a soccer team against a hockey team and trying to get a result. It's like comparing apples and oranges. They're different.
Sturm

Unread post by Sturm »

Mona wrote: Kat hates the word panties.
What else should I call them? Female boxers?
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

Sturm wrote:

What else should I call them? Female boxers?
Kat uses chonies. Or you could simply say underwear. I don't care either way, the wording doesn't bother me.
Sturm

Unread post by Sturm »

Mona wrote:

Kat uses chonies. Or you could simply say underwear. I don't care either way, the wording doesn't bother me.
Panties is so much hotter.
Sturm

Unread post by Sturm »

Mona wrote:

If you switch the fighting style then you are not able to compare the fight on strength and endurance if your'e playing by different rules.

That's like putting a soccer team against a hockey team and trying to get a result. It's like comparing apples and oranges. They're different.
I´m just saying that the wrestler might not be able to combat without being in a wrestling rink.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

Sturm wrote:
I´m just saying that the wrestler might not be able to combat without being in a wrestling rink.
Then why didn't you say that? Although, it's not necessarily correct, it would depend on the abilities and experiences of each individual on a case by case basis as to whether or not that thought process actually applies to them.
Sturm

Unread post by Sturm »

Mona wrote:

Then why didn't you say that? Although, it's not necessarily correct, it would depend on the abilities and experiences of each individual on a case by case basis as to whether or not that thought process actually applies to them.
I implied it.

Any man who is not a sissyboy can take down the wrestler.. The wrestler is totally outmatched when theres no rules.