CorsetKat

Re: WHAT R YOU WATCHING NOW?/ WHAT'S ON YOUR TV THREAD

Unread post by CorsetKat »

I'm watching Don't Breath, pretty good.

Your favorite mistake.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments. The TV series.
Krieg

Unread post by Krieg »

CorsetKat wrote:

Sounds great, what s it about?

The Premise:

Lucifer Morningstar is done having to manage Hell and decides to quit and move to LA. There he become a "civilian adviser" to a female police officer (partner). The humour is subtle yet dark, the acting is pretty damned good.
CorsetKat

Doubt I'll get to it, but it sounds fun.

Begrudgingly started watching Hinting Hitler, better than I thought.
Your favorite mistake.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

I've just started watching Outlander. One of my friends recommended it to me. I am loving it. She has read all the books and loves them and informed me that the tv series hasn't left out anything from the books. I still think that I will need to read the books as well as watch the series.
dageaux

Unread post by dageaux »

Mona wrote: I've just started watching Outlander. One of my friends recommended it to me. I am loving it. She has read all the books and loves them and informed me that the tv series hasn't left out anything from the books. I still think that I will need to read the books as well as watch the series.
Wifey has all the Outlander books, every time the author puts out a new one she reads them all again. She has been pleased and says it stays close to the books, so it should be a good series. I don't watch it, usually I am chatting with you guys when she watches it.

I like it when she watches it though because she gets randy as hell whenever she watches an episode or two :evil:

(SPOILER ALERT) -- If you have any latent Sade-masochistic tendencies then I suggest you get a date or some new batteries for the episode where Jamie gets flogged. :lol:
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

dageaux wrote:
Wifey has all the Outlander books, every time the author puts out a new one she reads them all again. She has been pleased and says it stays close to the books, so it should be a good series. I don't watch it, usually I am chatting with you guys when she watches it.

I like it when she watches it though because she gets randy as hell whenever she watches an episode or two :evil:

(SPOILER ALERT) -- If you have any latent Sade-masochistic tendencies then I suggest you get a date or some new batteries for the episode where Jamie gets flogged. :lol:

I'm already well stocked on batteries and have a rechargeable one on standby as well. And there's nothing latent about my tendencies.

That character/actor is a bit yummy, though. I've only seen four episodes so far, but I've been drawn into the outlander world. I've always enjoyed stories set in other time periods and cultures. Although I do find all the scenes where they're talking in Gaelic, to be frustrating, even though someone usually translates it for the main character, and the general gist of it is easy to catch.
CorsetKat

I am discovering the thrill of streaming Netflix. Was about to cancel it due to all the crap when I discovered the documentaries section. There are good ones I haven't seen yet! So excited!
Your favorite mistake.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

I'm watching the series Heroes, at the moment. And ShadowHunters whenever a new episode comes out.
dageaux

Unread post by dageaux »

I had high hopes for Heroes, and seasons 1&2 were great, after that it just got weird
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

So far, I'm up to season 2.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

I've finished watching Heroes, and I see what you mean about seasons three and four being weird. But I watched it all the way through, anyway.

I'm now watching Prison Break. Wentworth Miller is definitely eye candy. And it matters not to me that he's gay, as all I could do is look at him, anyway.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

I'm onto Season 2.
dageaux

Unread post by dageaux »

If I would have had to guess I would have said you would have preferred Dominic Purcell in that. Didn't figure you liked the pretty boys, and no I didn't mean pretty to mean gay, actually I didnt know, nor care, that Wentworth was gay.
LostCause

Unread post by LostCause »

Going through Dexter from start to finish. Only did this once what it first all aired. On season 2 episode 7.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

dageaux wrote: If I would have had to guess I would have said you would have preferred Dominic Purcell in that. Didn't figure you liked the pretty boys, and no I didn't mean pretty to mean gay, actually I didnt know, nor care, that Wentworth was gay.
I find them both pleasing to the eye. But I like the genuine character that Wentworth plays as opposed to the screw up his brother is. Don't you know that intelligence is attractive, over brawn.

I've dated pretty boys and not so pretty boys. For me, finding a guy attractive is all about his attitude and confidence, and definitely sense of humour over whether or not he has a chiselled jaw line or cheek bones.

Wentworth Miller came out as gay in 2013, when he was invited to attend something in Russia and wrote a letter to decline stating:

“As a gay man I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government.”
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

I'm finding season 2 of Prison Break is starting to get ridiculous. So I'm losing interest in watching it.

I watched the first season of Jessica Jones yesterday.
dageaux

Unread post by dageaux »

I lost interest after they got out of prison, once that was over the whole premise of the show was done.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

Yeah, it's just starting to get more than a little farfetched now. Conspiracy theorists eat your heart out.
realgrimm

Unread post by realgrimm »

Just finished Season 3 of Masters of Sex so am all caught up..

right now I got Bobs Burgers on Season 6 episode 17
dageaux

Unread post by dageaux »

Is Masters of Sex any good? I wanted to watch that when I I saw the previews and then forgot about it. My ex-Mother in Law was in Psychology in the 70's and worked with Masters and Johnson. She told some wild tales.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

I just watched the first season of Ally McBeal. I saw the dvds on sale the other day and thought it might be fun to go back and watch the series again.
realgrimm

dageaux wrote: Is Masters of Sex any good? I wanted to watch that when I I saw the previews and then forgot about it. My ex-Mother in Law was in Psychology in the 70's and worked with Masters and Johnson. She told some wild tales.

yup its a great show , worth the watch, like The Knick it's a enjoyable rendition of events on the cutting edge of medical science
realgrimm

Season 1 Episode 6

realgrimm

CorsetKat wrote: I am discovering the thrill of streaming Netflix. Was about to cancel it due to all the crap when I discovered the documentaries section. There are good ones I haven't seen yet! So excited!
have you seen these
12 Of The Scariest Documentaries On Netflix Right Now
https://www.bustle.com/p/12-of-the-scar ... someecards