WHAT R YOU WATCHING NOW?/ WHAT'S ON YOUR TV THREAD

Pictures, art, music, and other media.
Mona

Re: WHAT R YOU WATCHING NOW?/ WHAT'S ON YOUR TV THREAD

Unread post by Mona »

I watched The Age of Adeline last night. I quite enjoyed it.

shin

Unread post by shin »

Mona wrote: I'm watching the new seasons of Designated Survivor, Riverdale and The Good Place, at the moment. Also watching the new season of Will and Grace.
How is Will and Grace so far?
Laughter is the best medicine... but hilarity is a bee sting!
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

Same as always. Jack and Karen are the same hysteric characters they always were.
dageaux

Unread post by dageaux »

three episodes in, pretty good so far.
shin

Unread post by shin »

Mona wrote: Same as always. Jack and Karen are the same hysteric characters they always were.
It's sort of ironic that their characters are named as such.. but I'm sure it wasn't an accident.

Will is the staunch, passive aggressive one.
Grace is the basket case holding it all in.
Jack is a jumpy, hyper-animated loon
and Karen ain't got a care in the world. :mrgreen:
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

I don't understand the irony of that. Is that a poem or a song, or something?

I personally don't associate the name Jack with a hyperactive person. My grandfather's name was Jack and he was the most placid and steady man you'd ever meet.

I know a number of Karens, and none of them are pill popping sassy alcoholics.

I dated a Will once, he was studying law, actually. And I broke up with him because he was a little boring. Lovely guy, sweet as, but dull. My FIL was also a variation on Will. Aussies usually shorten William to Bill rather than Will.

I don't know any Graces. Other than the children of people I know. One is calm and placid and the other is extreme drama.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

Dag, I've got that on my queue to watch, I just didn't want to watch it late at night in case it gives me nightmares.
shin

Unread post by shin »

Mona wrote: I don't understand the irony of that. Is that a poem or a song, or something?

I personally don't associate the name Jack with a hyperactive person. My grandfather's name was Jack and he was the most placid and steady man you'd ever meet.

I know a number of Karens, and none of them are pill popping sassy alcoholics.

I dated a Will once, he was studying law, actually. And I broke up with him because he was a little boring. Lovely guy, sweet as, but dull. My FIL was also a variation on Will. Aussies usually shorten William to Bill rather than Will.

I don't know any Graces. Other than the children of people I know. One is calm and placid and the other is extreme drama.
I just meant it as if their character's names were their defining attributes on the show.

Also, too much caffeine for me today.
CorsetKat

Unread post by CorsetKat »

Somehow I've stuck with Walking Dead, though I'm really not sure why.

Fuck this season of American Horror Story. Cult, don't bother, it's awful.
Your favorite mistake.
dageaux

Unread post by dageaux »

Mona wrote: Dag, I've got that on my queue to watch, I just didn't want to watch it late at night in case it gives me nightmares.
It is really more from the law enforcement stand point. How the FBI Serial Killer group was formed. there are some scenes where they are interviewing killers (Co-ed Killer, they are teasing they will interview Charles Manson), but not so much the actual killing itself.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

dageaux wrote:
It is really more from the law enforcement stand point. How the FBI Serial Killer group was formed. there are some scenes where they are interviewing killers (Co-ed Killer, they are teasing they will interview Charles Manson), but not so much the actual killing itself.
It's weird, blood doesn't worry me, I can handle murder mysteries and shows with autopsies. It's more true to life stuff that freaks me out (because it could happen) and all the people jumping out at you to murder you in horror movies that gives me nightmares.
CorsetKat

Yesterday and today Kill Bill was on.

I just watched the fight/death of Elle.

Such a great fight scene.
Your favorite mistake.
bobbyshy

Unread post by bobbyshy »

Going through Season 2 of Penny Dreadful. Season 3 will have to wait until next weekend.
CorsetKat

I hear that I would like that, but if I binge a show it will be breaking bad.
Your favorite mistake.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

I'm still watching Outlander, Riverdale, The Blacklist, The Good Place, and Will and Grace as each episode comes out.

But I've also started watching Reign. About Mary, Queen of Scots and her time in the French Court where she married the crown prince of France.
dageaux

Unread post by dageaux »

Mona wrote: I'm still watching Outlander, Riverdale, The Blacklist, The Good Place, and Will and Grace as each episode comes out.

But I've also started watching Reign. About Mary, Queen of Scots and her time in the French Court where she married the crown prince of France.
We enjoyed Reign, Blacklist is one of those we watch together, Wifey watches Outlander.

Just started "Da Vinci's demons" Pretty good so far, reminds me a bit of "Merlin" only with nudity, sex and violence.

Mona, have you watched "The Wizard of Aus"? That shit was funny. I found it on Youtube, not sure if it is on one of the services.
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

No, I haven't heard of that one. I'll look into it.

If you like historic type shows, there are a few mini-series based on Bryce Courtenay's books which are very good representations of Australia's convict/settlement history. One of the books was Jessica and the other was The Potato Factory.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0186771/

Another one that is fairly true to life is LoveChild. Which is based in the 1960/70s in a hospital where unwed mothers were sent to give birth and adopt out their babies (whether they wanted to, or not.)
CorsetKat

Watching The Comedian.

Pretty damn good really.
Your favorite mistake.
CorsetKat

This movie scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.
Your favorite mistake.
realgrimm

Unread post by realgrimm »

Mona

Unread post by Mona »

Mona

Unread post by Mona »

I just watched a movie called Duchess. It was so sad. What made it even more tragic, was the realisation that it was actually based on the biography of a real duchess. She was married off at 17, to a man who treated her coldly and blamed her each time she produced a daughter. He openly took a mistress to live with them (whom he married after her death), and denied her the chance, even after producing a son, of having love. He made her choose between her children and the man she loved, and forced her to choose between the children she already had, and the one she was carrying, which she was forced to birth in France and hand over to the child's paternal grandparents. At least, the child was allowed to know the truth of her parentage once her mother had died. She was the great-great-great-great-aunt of Lady Diana Spencer, who became the Princess of Wales, and the mother of Princes William and Harry. Apparently, she was quite politically influential in her day, and the lover went on to become the Prime Minister of England, Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (after whom the tea was named.)
bobbyshy

On Netflix finishing off season 2 of Prison Break. Watched the first two episodes of Mindhunter pretty good shit. Working on Scream Queens, Scream, and Slasher all season 1. Have a few other series I want to get to at some point..probably in the new year at this rate. So much ground to cover, so little time.
bobbyshy

Test

Was watching the first few episodes of Season 2 of Scream Queens and Slasher. A little behind on all my shows.