GMO Foods

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

GMO Foods

Here it is in the layman's terms:

[youtube][video][/video][/youtube]

sent from my desktop using a keyboard
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

Re: GMO Foods

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I was thinking earlier, does vegetarians know they are eating fish, and lizard when eating some of this crap.
I asked a few people today about the corn they was eating, and did they know the health issues it caused, and what was in it .
None knew, or even had a clue, and as long as it tasted good a few didn't really care. :kez:
I try to tell my mom, and family, but they don't get it, or ignore it .

What a shame this poison is in our food chain now, and maybe never to be rid of.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Shen Li

I don`t really have a strong opinion on GMO foods. However, I do on golden rice....I`m all for it. Opposition to it by big ENGO`s is a crime against humanity.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

So whats the gripe on the rice ? I know some rice is complained about all the time, and some is gmo.
I like rice in the right dish, never get much though.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Shen Li

Blue Frost wrote:So whats the gripe on the rice ? I know some rice is complained about all the time, and some is gmo.
I like rice in the right dish, never get much though.
I would assume if groups like Greenpeace admitted they were wrong about nutitious golden rice they would open the door to what else are they wrong about.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Greenpeace, Peta, and a few other knockoffs are no friend of anyone but themselves.
They are political groups pushing their twisted agendas for money. They may have some good people with good ideas, but the majority are nuts.
I think Golden rice had vitamin A introduced in it years back didn't it ? Well that can be good if someone needs it, bad if not.
I don't think someone should be giving me stuff I can get from a supplement.
Shen Li

In 2005, 190 million children and 19 million pregnant women, in 122 countries, were estimated to be affected by VAD(vitamin A deficiency). VAD is responsible for 1
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

OK that's where I saw the vitamin A
You know the idea is noble till they go to far, and they have a many things such as corn, soy, and Cornela.
It's sickening they have forced it on the markets, and destroying natural foods that have no side effects.
Much of the ailments today could likely be prevented if people wasn't eating untested foods like they are.
Shen Li

Blue Frost wrote:OK that's where I saw the vitamin A
You know the idea is noble till they go to far, and they have a many things such as corn, soy, and Cornela.
It's sickening they have forced it on the markets, and destroying natural foods that have no side effects.
Much of the ailments today could likely be prevented if people wasn't eating untested foods like they are.
Improved strains of golden rice are effective(especially in some countries). Others have a ways to go.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I can see a use for a starving population, especially some dying off, but not one that's not.
All our foods is modified, but not all is with lizard, and poisons which we are really forced to eat .
You know soy is in more than 80% of our foods here.
Shen Li

I didn`t mean to get on my soapbox and rant, but why should children in developing countries go hungry, blind or worse just because some well fed white leftist in a big Western ENGO doesn`t approve.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh I can agree, but here we don't need all of it, and your alright on a soapbox :)
I thought it was a crime that that African country with millions starving didn't take the wheat years back that would have save them.
I have to say Monsanto in the case was being nasty with business though the way they was stipulating things.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

There's an old saying, beggars cant be choosers comes to mind.
If I was starving I wouldn't complain eating soy, or any other food that would keep me alive.
Shen Li

Blue Frost wrote:Oh I can agree, but here we don't need all of it, and your alright on a soapbox :)
I thought it was a crime that that African country with millions starving didn't take the wheat years back that would have save them.
I have to say Monsanto in the case was being nasty with business though the way they was stipulating things.
Don`t get me started about Africa. The DDT ban pushed by groups like Greenpeace cost millions of lives due to malaria.
Shen Li

Blue Frost wrote:There's an old saying, beggars cant be choosers comes to mind.
If I was starving I wouldn't complain eating soy, or any other food that would keep me alive.
Golden rice is very nutritious though.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yeah, that's really sad, and they are responsible. They should be held accountable somehow.
Here we have bad infestations sometimes with carpenter ants, and termites, thanks to Al Gore, and the Green nuts we cant even get good stuff to kill them anymore.
I know the stuff is bad for you, but with protection it's not unless your a bug.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Xiao Jie wrote:
Blue Frost wrote:There's an old saying, beggars cant be choosers comes to mind.
Golden rice is very nutritious though.
Yes I have read, but I wonder long term on many GMOs since they are untested over time.
It's great to save the day though.

You know they had a good direction at one time years ago, but greed took over.
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

Xiao Jie wrote:However, I do on golden rice....I`m all for it. Opposition to it by big ENGO`s is a crime against humanity.
LOL! We all have our own poisons... mine are prolly much worse.
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

Xiao Jie wrote:I didn`t mean to get on my soapbox and rant, but why should children in developing countries go hungry, blind or worse just because some well fed white leftist in a big Western ENGO doesn`t approve.
Monsanto seeds produce much lesser harvest than real seeds - that is the main reason the farmers from that starving province in India burn all the GMO seeds (whether donated or bought) - once those seeds get into the ground their roots simply eliminate any nearby nature produced competitors. Not to mention that those seeds are designed not to be harvested for the next season, but each of these farmers has to buy new seeds from Monsanto every year.

The Monsanto itself highers over 20 thousand inspectors to check neighbors of Monsanto clients for any trace of GMO plants - if even one (!!!) is found on your property - you are consider a thief in the eyes of a law!