Big Cats

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Big Cats

Gary Oak wrote: May 5th, 2021, 9:38 pm That’s three more additions to the Amur tiger gene pool. In Canada too. Hopefully China is putting a death sentence on anyone who poaches these endangered cats as they did their pandas. That death sentence works over there. https://www.iheartradio.ca/610cktb/1.15 ... ZYnBc_Bfgc
Yeah right...More like the Chinese will up the price of tiger penis aphrodisiacs.

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

With everyone watching everyone to rat over there I imagine that the death penalty would work as it did for the panda. China has a lot of amazing animals. If they can stop the poaching I believe that in a mere twenty years their forests will be rival any other place in the world.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here’s a much smaller Chinese wildcat caught on film for the first time. The Chinese Mountain Cat.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Looks quite a bit like our domesticated ones, and if I saw it here I would trap it, and take it off someplace else.
Being the tail id quite large I might think different though.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

A very rare Siberian leopard has been born in captivity in Santa Barbara. https://medianews24hr.com/the-birth-of- ... ITSnVIUFEo
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Could cougars have a very different nature or personality than that of house cats ? I have never seen house cats behave like this. Look at how Messi opens doors and follows Sasha around. Perhaps cougars larger brain than house cats makes them more intelligent.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I would let it kick back here, but would have to have to feed the thing.
I guess I could feed it neighbors, but it would get the shits.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have some neighbours that I wouldn’t mind feeding him however if I remember correctly that there is an old native saying that goes like this, “once a man eater always a man eater” so this might turn Messi into a dangerous cat.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I wouldn't worry, my neighbors are not quite human, more vermin than anything.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

IMG_9767.jpg
Morons keeping mountain lions as pets... They deserve to get eaten...

In recent years, the retards at the NJ Fish and Game Dept. released breeding pairs of lions in various state run wildlife areas. Yes that's correct, dangerous apex predators intentionally injected into the most densely populated state in the union... Sound like a good idea????

Add that to the 4,000 or so black bears in NJ which nitwit, prog, governor potato head loves so much that he dismissed the science of wildlife management and ended bear hunting in state... Prog politicians are imbeciles and they are dangerous and should be stamped out.

As for the cougars in the state; some have been shot by local farmers because they were a danger to livestock. One or two others have been hit by cars and I know of at least one that roams a neighborhood that is adjacent to a wildlife refuge in Western NJ. It regularly threatens pets, children, joggers and bike riders and the NJ. FG will do nothing about it.

I sometimes bird hunt in the area where it lives and in recent years the state stocked pheasants in the area have been disappearing as fast as the stockers can release them on a weekly basis. Hunters have been blaming the state for not buying and releasing enough birds but NJ FG says stocking amounts have been the same for the past decade... I can't be certain but take a guess where I think the birds are going. Stocking ranch raised birds on a regular scheduled in an area where a large cat is present is like ringing the dinner bell. It's like leaving door open to the hen house for the fox to have a feast..... Fucking morons... If I see it it will be a rug.... :kez:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh: Here Kitty Kitty !
Yeah that would be me, can't help it. :laugh:
Nah I would never own on, and actually would love seeing them as long as I'm safe.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Lynxes voices are completely different than house cats. Perhaps the different species of cats have distinctly different personalities too. http://www.whitewolfpack.com/2017/05/ra ... MNBmg0&m=1
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

No video for me in the link :(

They are a bit different, but much the same also, and I have seen feral cats act pretty close to lynxes.
You have to think also that the average house cat doesn't have someone taking care of it, and that really alters behavior.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

That puma pet in Russia Messi’s meow is a lot different as well and that cat does seem to be more intelligent than house cats going from some of the videos that I have seen. Also it must be very rare for a cat to follow their owner around like Messi does. I wonder if they named Messi Messi because he’s messy.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh: Likely, imagine the size of the little box, and it scratching around. :yuk:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This wild cat is only two pounds. It might be too small to be a pet and it probably too active as well sometimes going twenty miles in a night to hunt according to this short video. At two pounds it really doesn’t qualify for the big cats thread.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This wild cat is only two pounds. It might be too small to be a pet and it probably too active as well sometimes going twenty miles in a night to hunt according to this short video. At two pounds it really doesn’t qualify for the big cats thread.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I saw that when it first came on TV :)

I'm going top have to do some cat hunting soon, maybe ill catch one, and send it to you Gary :teehe:
I have to think the feral cats are the most deadly, they are in places where cats are not meant to be, and the local animals pay because they are not used to them.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I’ve never heard a leopard purr before. I thought that one of the reasons cougars were not considered big cats even though they can grow larger than leopards because they purr.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Awww I want it, I wonder if it would eat my neighbors. :teehe:
Lions purr also, and Ligers also.