Mysterious Places, and Civilizations

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Mysterious Places, and Civilizations

That is very interesting watching the natives do their dances back in the day when they remembered how they actually did it in the wilds.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

They still have powwows, and get togethers here for that stuff, many kept, and regained their traditions.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Agreed they are trying their best to retain their traditions but still it won't be quite the same as when they were doing it on their own before the white man arrived. They would have been doing it on their own. Side note, about 10% of white people have seen a spirit, more than half of natives have seen a spirit.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My guess 10% of white people doesn't know what they have seen, and as for the Indians them also. Then you have to take into account the druggies, and mentally ill.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The ones I have talked to I really don't believe that they were making it up.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

They might not, but they likely didn't see anything but what they wanted to see. Even some realist see things like that, and fool themselves.
If you can tell I'm a very big skeptic, a lot of people aren't and see more .
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I imagine if you saw something close up and clear you wouldn't be as skeptical.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

i question life itself Gary, and it's as real as it gets for most everyone.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

cool
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

If I had to bet I think that King Arthur did exist. How much has his story changed over the decades...I do not know. Before there was television people would have been telling stories and 20 times 70 year lifetimes isnèt that really that long I think.

Has King Arthur’s legendary castle been discovered ... near Huddersfield?!

The site of King Arthur’s mythical castle of Camelot is close to the Yorkshire town of Huddersfield, according to an expert on the period.
Professor Peter Field, a retired scholar of ancient literature, insists that the original location of the ancient fortress capital is actually a Roman fort at Slack, in Yorkshire.

“It was quite by chance. I was looking at some maps, and suddenly all the ducks lined up,” he told the Independent.

“I believe I may have solved a 1,400-year-old mystery.”

(Reuters / Chris Helgren)Sacred high? Stonehenge supported an elevated altar for prehistoric worshipers, theory suggests
Field says that the Romans once called the Slack fort ‘Camulodunum’, meaning ‘the fort of the god Camul’, and that that is where the name Camelot comes from.

He said the location would have been ideal for Celtic Britons to fight invading Anglo-Saxons encroaching from the north and west.

The fort’s key location between the Saxon strongholds at York and Chester would have made it ideal.

While the king’s very existence is sometimes said to be a myth, Field argued that “if there was a real King Arthur, he will have lived around AD500, although the first mention of him in Camelot is in a French poem from the Champagne region of France from 1180.

“There is no mention of Camelot in the period between those dates, known as the Dark Ages, when the country was at war, and very little was recorded.

“In this gap, people passed on information, much got lost in transmission, and people may have made up facts or just messed up known information,” the former Bangor University lecturer said.

Like the king’s life, the location of his castle is contested with many other experts pointing to a fortification from the period found at Tintagel in Cornwall.

Arthur himself may also be a combination of various real historical leaders and kings amalgamated into one mythical figure.

https://www.rt.com/uk/371258-camelot-lo ... professor/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Interesting, i wonder if this is correct, or a wish, it has been found several times in my lifetime.
I would love to know the layout, or see a mock up of the structures.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

the first record of King Arthur is While the king’s very existence is sometimes said to be a myth, Field argued that “if there was a real King Arthur, he will have lived around AD500, although the first mention of him in Camelot is in a French poem from the Champagne region of France from 1180. So back in 1180 King Arthur was only about 500 or so years earlier and it may not be so surprising that a legendary leader would still be remembered 500 years later.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Remembering tales is a forgotten thing now, people can't even remember their own family anymore.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I wonder what life this continant had ? Mnay of it's plant , insect and animal species must be descentdants of this continant

Lost Continent Found! Really (Video)

You'd think it would be hard to misplace an entire continent, what with the mountains and trees and all that other hard-to-miss stuff. Now, however, it seems that one of Earth's continents indeed went missing. The good news is, it's at last been found, lying below the waters of the

Indian Ocean, beneath the tiny, 790 sq. mi. (2,040 sq. km) island of Mauritius.

Mauritius long drew the attention of geologists and other scientists because of one curious feature: its strong gravitational pull. ...

If Mauritius sits atop a mascon, it was likely a result of crustal motion that caused an existing landmass to shatter and sink entirely from view. The island then rose back up to mark the burial site of the lost land like a giant tombstone. ...

http://www.theufochronicles.com/2017/02 ... inent.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I read about this the other day, I was wondering what kind of life was on it myself.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

WOW, what a find
[video][/video]
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I am looking forward to going to Britain. There must have been some good art or gold working schools during the mayhem of the dark ages.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I would enjoy looking for treasure myself :) always wanted to go see the Roman ruins there.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This place in the picture does look surreal. I doubt there is any life in that river though.

The Boiling River of the Amazon

http://sorendreier.com/the-boiling-river-of-the-amazon/

This scalding hot river was thought to be a myth, until one geoscientist made it his quest to study the mystical waters.

Hidden in the dense jungle of the Peruvian Amazon is a percolating, roiling river. The steaming turquoise waters that can reach up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit are guided by ivory-colored stones and guarded by 60-foot walls of lush forest and vegetation. Locals believed that the river was sacred and that the hot waters held healing powers, and shamans incorporated it into medicines.

As a child, André Ruzo listened to his Peruvian grandfather tell the story of the Boiling River, or Shanay-timpishka—the ancient name loosely translating to “boiling with the heat of the sun.” The headwaters are marked with a boulder in the shape of a snake’s head. According to legend, a giant serpent spirit called Yacumama or “Mother of the Waters” who gives birth to hot and cold waters heats the river.

For 12 years, Ruzo was skeptical that the river truly existed. Then, as he was creating a thermal map of Peru during his graduate studies at Southern Methodist University in Texas he discovered an unusually large hot spot—one of the largest geothermal features found on any continent.

In November 2011, he went on an expedition to central Peru with his aunt to see the Boiling River for himself. From the nearest city Pucallpa, the entire journey took about four hours, including a two-hour drive, 45-minute motorized canoe ride, and an hour hike along muddy jungle paths. The river is protected by the shaman of the small town Mayantuyacu, a secluded healing center. After getting special permission from the shaman to study the water, Ruzo was led by the shaman’s apprentice to the almost four mile stretch of flowing scalding water.