The Fur Trade

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The Fur Trade

I was certain that I had a thread on the fur trade after reading a book on the fur trade however as I cannot find it I am starting another one. The fur trade was a real wild west and only for real adventures. I just watched this superb movie The Revenant last night and it was so realistic. The bear attack, the bear wounds, the views of the people, the fur traders parties, the natives outside the forts etc... was all so real. You know that they had PHD historians working on this movie. Fictional movies can be very informative when done like this.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: The Fur Trade

It must have been an exciting time, and dangerous, the river pirates, and thieves, the natives, and nature itself.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This true tale of adventure finally solved the mystery of what it was like in the huge are from North to the Arctic Ocean south to the northern Canadian provinces east from Hudson Bay west to the Rocky Mountains. Looking at a modern map the areas he travelled was a lot longer than he thought. He was blissfully unaware of the gigantic Great Bear Lake. A lot of woke politically correct lies are exposed such as natives respect for nature. Their extreme waste and unnecessary animals or bird killing is documented, the natives respect for their elders is shown as the elders got the scraps until they were too much of a burden and left to die, when they met far weaker groups the simpleton gang rapped the women if they didn’t simply kill the men and take the girls and would rob smaller groups of everything they wanted often leaving the robbed group to freeze to death in the Arctic winter. It is a very interesting read. Apparently the northern natives didn’t murder each other nearly as often as the southern natives but they would exterminate Eskimo settlements simply because they were different and they could.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The story of Jerimiah Johnson I suppose could be put on the legends thread, the cannibalism thread, the hermits, the adventurers thread or the founding of the USA thread but this thread is just as appropriate as Jeremiah Johnson after fleeing to the mountains lived off of trapping. His story is a story of adventure. https://honesttopaws.com/s/legend-johns ... euJE&bdk=0