The Founding Of The United States

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: The Founding Of The United States

A lot of these stories were new to me.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have read, and saw a lot over the years on that stuff, there is a lot also from the French Canadian areas that happened with the trading companies just as interesting.
Sad thing is most wasn't even told, or wrote down, we will never know of most the things that happened.
Just think being in alone for a year, or years in the woods trapping, and how many had experiences like those, and those who lost everything trying to make some gold from furs, and trading.
A lot died just from each other thieving off another, two years of furs was a lot of money.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Those fur traders were real adventurers. They all no doubt had countless experiences with the natives, wildlife, hardships etc... that are lost to history. It wasn’t an easy life but must have had a lot of excitement. This is why there is a fur trade thread on Gary Oaks Corner.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I read of one who was scalped, and left to die, but he lived, and made it back to safety.
He continued after he recovered doing the same old thing.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here’s the actual voice of a slave of Jefferson Davis. The accent seems like a lost accent that possibly nobody has now. Is this the house that he lived in ? He does give an interesting account of an era gone with the wind.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The accent is still going, I here it occasionally here from people from the South, usually older people.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I had never heard of this Fancher party Mountain Meadows massacre in 1857. The civil war hadn’t begun yet, the British Columbia gold rush was about to begin the year after, Canada didn’t exist yet and the Wild West was wild. Could there be some history here that some want forgotten about ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Can't watch it, but no I haven't heard about it either :think: I usually know this stuff, interesting.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

I first heard about it way back in the early 80's. The mormon church has tried very hard to cover it up, but when they found that they couldn't keep a lid on it anymore, they admitted that it did happen, but downplayed the event as having been done by the local natives. It was considered very dangerous for a non mormon to be travelling through Utah at that time since you couldn't even trust the state governor to keep you safe. In Hebrews 9:22 of the bible, it states that without the shedding of blood, there could be no forgiveness of sins. This was in reference to why Jesus had to die on the cross. The mormons at the time, however took this to mean that if you did not become a mormon, the only way they could help you was to shed your blood for you. :axe:

The history was rewritten so as to suggest that it was a revenge killing over an event that had happened in Missouri.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Bloodthirsty lot, I do know that, they had a lot of infighting even between groups also.
Down in Mexico today you have them at odds, but with the cartels they have to try to help each other against them.
They where forced out of the US because the polygamy stuff, most where militant anyway which was part of the reason they wanted them out.
Mitt Romney's family is down there.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Would mormons still believe that if one didn’t become a mormon that the only way to help that person was to shed their blood ? I don’t know much about the mormons and they seem like a strange cult to me.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

One group does, the other doesn't.
most people don't know there is two sects, and fracture groups also from them.
It's like with Muslims, they had wars on who should lead after their leader died, and long with that different ideas how to run things.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Donald Rumsfeld is dead.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Donald Rumsfeld didn’t suffer any fools and called shitheads on their bullshiite. He was seriously badass.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

He was an evil bastard :teehe:
I did like his politics a bit, he didn't take crap, and our enemies feared him.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I read a book on the war of 1812 by Pierre Berton. No doubt he would not have won any of his awards if he had put much of this history in that book. So the USA actually may have been the good guys in that war. I didn’t know about the bankers involvement in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. I recently watched an award winning play about Alexander Hamilton, this play made him out to be a great leader. Perhaps his being a puppet earned him such a performance. https://www.whatreallyhappened.com/WRHA ... rswars.pdf
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I was mentioning to someone in the last few days that we knew First World War veterans when we were young but none of the young crowd have and likewise the makers of the amazing movie Gone With The Wind also had known civil war veterans. Here’s a two minute video of two civil war veterans telling a story of an experience that one of them had witnessed.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I remember a few WW! vets, pretty old guys when I was a kid.
Korean War vets, and WW1 where not that old when I was young30s, 40s .
In the VA when I took my dad I used to talk with a lot of them, and all my dads friends was usually Vets of those wars, or Vietnam.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I often wish that I could go back in time and talk to those veterans.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I tried to get a lot of them to write their stories down for their kids, and grand kids, a few did.
My dad was reluctant to talk about his, some of it was pretty bad.