Trees

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Trees

I used to try to help more, but being I'm inside a lot now that rarely happens.
Ill find the hurt birds, most die anyhow even with me helping.
If we had a shelter near I could take them, but we don't, and our city shelter would just kill them, or not take them in at all.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

I know, the birds... they seem like they're perking up and go late at night. Bothers me a lot too. At least they didn't go, just left in the road...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The last one I tried to save was exhausted in the heat, and dehydrated.
I gave it water, and made it a makeshift nest in a shoe box.
Got some bugs also for it, but it died that evening .
I tried helping, but might have prolonged it's suffering, I don't know, but I tried, and at least it wasn't in that heat anymore.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ginkgo trees are an ancient species and an interesting tree but this 1,400 year old ginkgo tree is really a sight to see. https://www.goodshomedesign.com/1400-ye ... vkCjfUZfj8

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Those are some interesting trees. Fortunately none of them are in North America.
Mel Gibson

Gary Oak wrote: October 21st, 2021, 2:43 am Those are some interesting trees. Fortunately none of them are in North America.
Ya, we really do have it pretty good here! Bears are generally the only thing that can cause us real damage, and it's pretty rare for that to happen!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

How about the Honey Locust tree, play around with one of them.
We have them all over here, they will mess you up, and the wounds get infected.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

That’s so bizarre. Those spikes would deter animals from damaging this species trunk. I never imagined a tree having a protective bark such as this.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Most don't have that many, but a lot have quite a lot.
They are really sharp also, and it seems like they draw in when you are stuck by them.
I have been stuck with them a lot, they all get a little infected, and water a lot.
The good thing about the tree is the wood last, and make good tool handles, fence post, and similar things.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

There’s a new oldest tree in the world ( Alerce Molinerio ) a lot of it is dead but still it’s over five thousand years old. It’s a 🌳 in Chile. https://www.newsweek.com/conservation-t ... rk-1709970

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The age is a guess, the tree is most likely in the upper 3000 range, 3800 by the lower end of the guess by them.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

These gigantic eucalyptus and oldest of trees at 5,000 or more years old sure look weird with their insides burned out. https://exploretheworls.com/hhh-amazing ... australia/

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

These walking palm trees actually walk. They walk until they find a spot that they are happy with and then settle down. I’d like to see a time lapse video of them walking. https://earthlymission.com/the-walking- ... -per-year/
genocide088

you sure found some amazing trees

how bout the Baobab tree

its only found in Madagascar. many years ago when i went to africa i was to goto Madagascar or Kenya as flight costs not so much but picked Kenya. but i did want to see these trees among the other 90% of only found in Madagascar

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I always thought the island looked prehistoric compared to the rest of the world, a lot of strange animals, and vegetation there exclusive to that Island.
You could point out the Galapagos island as well, but it's not close to Madagascar in difference from the rest of the world.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

There’s probably other posts on this tree thread on these prehistoric Wallamy pines in Australia however there’s a lot of new information on them in this article including their progress in bringing them back from near extinction. https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/dinosau ... e-century/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I want some of those trees, I always thought they where cool looking.
I wonder if they need a lot of humidity, or dry. :think:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well it looks like you’re in luck as apparently Wallami Pine seedlings or at least seeds can be bought. They would be a novelty in someone’s yard. Canada might be too cold for them but Kentucky might be okay. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/223191868244
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Those I wonder if they are real, or a different variety, they look different to me.
I did have a sequoia tree for a while, but it died after two years, it had a hard time here I guess.
My uncle grew one we gave him, and it lived for maybe ten years before dying in the mountains.