Rocks

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Rocks

I have posted articles on the Gold Rush thread about bizarre rocks so I decided it is time to have a Rocks thread. These glowing rocks are cool. Perhaps one could line a path with them.

Michigan Man Discovers Strange Glowing Rocks In The Upper Peninsula
https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace ... 0a9c823ffa

[video][/video]

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Rocks

you wouldn't see it in nature unless you had an ultraviolet light, interesting though.
If I saw it naturally glowing I would not pick it up unless I had something to do it with, I would have to wonder if it was radioactive, or something.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Rocks

They still look pretty cool. I read a book on rocks a while back but can't remember much. I just was curious to why some look so different from others. Some have stripes and the many different colours.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Rocks

Sedimentation stripes, and compression from other elements, or rocks
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Rocks

Blue Frost wrote: September 20th, 2018, 8:55 pm Sedimentation stripes, and compression from other elements, or rocks
I work with a bunch of rocks and they all look different. :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Rocks

My brother had a pet rock once, I think it died. :woot:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Rocks

Blue Frost wrote: September 21st, 2018, 2:03 pm My brother had a pet rock once, I think it died. :woot:
That's odd, they usually live forever.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Rocks

Maybe forever underground, but not above when a little heathen gets hold of one with a hammer. :woot: :woot: :woot:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Rocks

This must be the rarest mineral on earth then. It does look like a very beautiful blue gem.

Extraterrestrial Mineral Harder than Diamonds Discovered in Israel

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2019/01/ ... dbLBYFSwXc

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Rocks

It looks tasty :laugh:

Minute amounts of it, there is many other rocks like it around the planet, and my guess we will never discover them all.
Being carbon based my guess is that every layer of the star has a different property which creates a different mineral, and rock when it explodes, same with any planet that breaks up you have layers with different properties.
Like our Granite, where would land be without it on a wet world.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Rocks

Is there something more to these stones ?

Strange magnetic stones found on the shores of lake Ontario

https://ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.co ... hores.html

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Rocks

Water will shape them like that, and the grinding of other rocks against them.

I found one like those, but blacks, it was a meteorite.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Rocks

All three of them are very magnetic though. The straight lines do look like they were worked somehow.they are quite large. I am not sure that the explanation for them is natural. Do you think that these three could be parts of a meteorite ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Rocks

They look like meteorites, but there is other reasons for the magnetic properties.
The lines could be from water, or glacial, glacial movement over time will put lines in rocks like that, and on much bigger rocks as well.
I'm just guessing though, so believe as you wish :) I don't think they are man made though with all the natural stuff that can cause it like water.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Rocks

That makes sense to me now. Still... being parts of a meteorite is pretty cool.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Rocks

Stardust is apparently the oldest found material found on earth. Five to seven billion years old is older than earth. If it was larger it would be a very beautiful jewel judging from the photo. https://www.geologyin.com/2020/01/7-bil ... 6Zwf60&m=1

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have a theory that a lot of the larger planets, and stars out there are made from super heavy chunks of supernova flung out when the stars explode.
The chunks, or particles would attract more stuff floating in space since they would have a lot of gravity.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I certainly don’t know much about astronomy however I wouldn’t be surprised if your theory isn’t actually a known fact.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I doubt the know, I never did hear anyone bring it up in astronomy.
They always bring in dark matter, but parts of a star core should have some super gravity.
Like in our outer solar system, they always think there must be dark matter, who is to say it isn't a star core fragment.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This seven million dollar 555.55 carot diamond may have come from outer space. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... 180979438/