Nephilim, Giants, & Prophecy

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Nephilim, Giants, & Prophecy

And what a beautiful nation the Jews created out of that barren wasteland.

Sanhedrin Rules Prophesied Return Of Jews To Israel Has Been Fulfilled!

The Jewish people are about to restore and commemorate an ordinance that has been dormant for about 2000 years - almost as far back as the days when Jesus Christ walked the earth. This New Year's celebration, or Rosh HaShanah, will include the recitation of the Jubilee year-counting mitzvah or Biblical commandment.

In attempting to elucidate the importance of this simple ceremony, Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz of Breaking Israel News quoted the following scripture: "And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a Jubilee unto you" (Leviticus 25:10; The Israel Bible).

Berkowitz explained that counting the Jubilee is a simple mitzvah, reciting just a few lines, but performing this mitzvah is a declaration that the prophesied return of the Jews to Israel has been fulfilled, thereby establishing a basis for the rebuilding of the Jewish Temple.

Unbeknownst to all but a few witnesses, Berkowitz further clarified that as Rosh HaShanah ended eleven months ago, the nascent Sanhedrin concluded months of deliberation by ruling that certain conditions had been met requiring the Nation of Israel to begin counting the Jubilee cycle. Rabbi Avraham Dov Ben Shor recited the blessing and the 49-year cycle began again.

When Rosh HaShanah - the Jewish New Year - ends on the evening of Tuesday 4th October, it will be time for Jews to count the second year of the Jubilee cycle. The blessing and the count are as follows:

"Blessed art Thou, Lord our God, King of the Universe, Who sanctifies us in His commandments, and has commanded us to count the sabbaticals and the Jubilees".

This year is the second year of the first Jubilee, and the second year for the first sabbatical in the first Jubilee.

It is also worthy to note the central role that has been played by the Sanhedrin in these developments. According to Wikipedia.com, the Sanhedrin was an "assembly" or "council" of twenty-three to seventy-one men appointed in every city in the Land of Israel.

On October 13, 2004 the Sanhedrin, the highest religious tribunal of the Jewish state, was re-inaugurated by a group of rabbis in Tiberias after 1,600 years of absence.

In the Hebrew Bible, Moses and the Israelites were commanded by God to establish courts of judges who were given full authority over the people of Israel, who were commanded by God to obey every word the judges instructed and every law they established. Judges in ancient Israel were the religious leaders and Teachers of the nation of Israel.

The Sanhedrin is mentioned in the Gospels in relation to the trial of Jesus and several times in the Acts of the Apostles.

Specific conditions outlined in Jewish law had to be considered by the Sanhedrin before reinstating this mitzvah. Unlike most Torah commandments being observed today, which are incumbent on an individual, the Jubilee is a national mitzvah. Its observance is dependent upon most of the Jewish people being in the land of Israel.

To begin counting the Jubilee last year, the Sanhedrin, as a bet din (rabbinic court), ruled that the Jews have returned to inherit the land as a nation, and not just as individuals. This requires at least 600,000 Jews, equal to the number of Israelites that returned to Israel from Egypt under Joshua.

Israel has far exceeded the required number for quite some time. On the eve of this Jewish new year, the State of Israel has a population of 8.585 million, 172,000 more than the same time last year.

Jews make up close to three-quarters of the population at 6.4 million residents, while Israel's almost 1.8 million Arabs make up one-fifth of the population. In the past year alone, 25,000 new Jewish immigrants arrived in Israel.

Rabbi Hillel Weiss, spokesman for the Sanhedrin, explained to Breaking Israel News, "The Sanhedrin ruled that we are now clearly in the prophesied third inheritance of the land, the first being by Joshua, the second after the Babylonian exile.

There are 5 mitzvot connected to the Jubilee: counting the Jubilee, letting free slaves, returning land, blowing the shofar, and forgiving debts," Rabbi Weiss explained. "We have reinstituted one: the counting of the Jubilee."

To signify the reinstitution of the Jubilee, and also to commemorate the Jubilee of Jerusalem, the Sanhedrin has issued a medallion. One side is engraved with an image of Solomon's Temple, flanked by two shofars, symbolizing the Jubilee.

The other side shows a lit seven-branched menorah, two cherubim, and a Hebrew inscription stating that the third inheritance of the land of Israel by the Jews has officially been declared. The Sanhedrin is selling the medallion and setting aside the proceeds for use in the Third Temple.

"Sale of this medallion will serve as the basis for the mitzvah of the half-shekel, which was collected from every Jewish male," Rabbi Hillel Weiss explained.

"As such, the money will go towards acquiring animals, grain, oil, and wine, for sacrificial purposes. It will also be used for building and maintaining the temple."

Read more at http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/articl ... 2OUA2ey.99

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

If not anything that's interesting, but I see a big political statement here as well as historical, and religious.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: There was Noah and his three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth and their wives. (Genesis 6:18-21)(1Peter 3:20/ 2Peter 2:5)
What did the giants do in the great flood since the 8 on the ark didn't take them ?

Noah was a smart guy.

He purposely made the door to get into the Ark too small for the Nephlim and the dinosaurs to get in. :roll:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh: Ryanissimo will be happy to here that, maybe not Gary, the people at the ark museum not so much. :laugh:
I always wondered how did the fish survive some being free water, and some salt.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: :laugh: Ryanissimo will be happy to here that, maybe not Gary, the people at the ark museum not so much. :laugh:
I always wondered how did the fish survive some being free water, and some salt.
Almost every early civilization has some kind of story regarding a "great flood". It's usually connected to a moral lesson and illustrates the wrath of a deity in the face of man's moral decay. In reality these floods were obviously localized natural disasters similar to what insurance companies and meteorologists today would term as "1000 year storms or floods". While they were probably catastrophic in their destruction and loss of life, I have a strong feeling that they didn't have nearly the environmental or societal impact they are portrayed as having.

As for the Nephlim; the biological offspring of the divine paired with human beings,..... we see those characters in early and classical civilizations all over the world as well.

For example: In Homer's Iliad, Achilles was the said to be the son of the sea nymph Thetis, and his father, Peleus, was the king of the Myrmidons.

Perseus, the slayer of the gorgon Medusa, was the son of the mortal woman Danae and the god Zeus. He was also the half-brother and great grandfather of Heracles. How that last part worked...I haven't got a clue. Hillbilly Greeks, I guess? :laugh:

Jason of the "golden fleece" fame, was said to be the great-grandson of the messenger god Hermes.

Castor and Pollux were the sons of Zeus and the mortal Leda.

Romulus and Remus, were the sons of Mars.

Greek and Roman mythology is loaded with demigods...Almost every notable character in Greek and Roman mythology is associated with the pairing of a human and a divine entity.

The epic Hindu Sanskrit poem "The Mahabharata" is littered with characters claiming to be descended from the Gods.

"Karna", son of sun-god Surya, "Draupadi", the quasi daughter of fire-god Agni, The half-Rakshasa Ghatotkacha, was said to be born of a demigod and a demoness. There are many more semi-divine characters in The Mahabharata which is about 10 times the length of the Iliad.

The Irish Celts have their version of Hercules in the semi-divine hero Cú Chulainn, who is said to be the son of the god Lugh and the daughter of the king of Ulster.

In Germanic lore there is Wecta, sometimes referred to as Wodensson, who was said to have founded the Anglo/Saxon kingdom of Wessex. Stories vary but it's is claimed that he is the son of Frigg or Frea of Asgard.

These are just a few examples that I can think of.....They are all nice little bedtime stories but not a single one can be proven to be true.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

When the council is Nice decided to make the Bible the interesting number of 66 books they got rid of the book of Enoch which Jesus quoted from. I also have noticed that all these pre flood stories all tell of giants, the gods mingling with people on earth etc.. . The ancient Greeks told of the golden age. The ancient Egyptians had a very similar story that I have forgotten the name of. India's Bagavad gita was too widely read to make disappear. I have wondered how many other pre flood stories have been made to disappear from history.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee, I know about all those, and more myself, but i know humans a bit also. We look at great figures as larger than they are, and tales of people get bigger, and make people larger than life also.
I am happy to here you know about this stuff also, glad I'm not alone.
Joseph Campbell went in detail of how these characters became larger than life, and the myths from many coming from real people.
I suggest to everyone that is interested in this stuff listen, or watch his lectures.
There is also the great courses series which is collage lectures that are good also, but they may be hard to come across for free.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I read Joseph Campbell's "The Hero with a Thousand Faces" while in my sophomore year in college. I found his concept of the "monomyth" where throughout history and across cultures, every mythological hero along with the phases of each story are basically the same, pretty interesting, if not sort of obvious. I also like how he correlates myths with the human psyche and the unconscious mind which is the link that connects each mythological hero to the one single story that is an expression human spirit.

Campbell's work is very in depth on the subject and it can be a bit disjointed and difficult to follow but I have often thought about picking up one of his other works on the subject.

I have also always wanted to pick up a copy of Campbell's "A Skeleton Key to Finnegan's Wake". For me, like many people, James Joyce's epic is unintelligible and I would love to see some kind of understandable insight into it.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I loved his work, and went over it a few times myself, and I agree with what you said about him.
People are basically the same no mater where we are, same fears, and hopes, and administrations of great deeds that make people bigger than life, same concepts of spirit, and hope of an afterlife so death might be a little more easy on the mind . Campbell went over all that, and I think better than most have.
I put him up with Nietzsche on human behavior observation.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

You may enjoy this Gary, it's interesting .

[video][/video]
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This video is a bit long but very interesting. I will have to get back to it later and finish watching it.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I watched it, and another, they where pretty interesting, and I really want to know more about this Book of Giants they mentioned.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This one does seem a bit far fetched

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh: Good one
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This does look quite realistic.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Some people are saying it's from an art expo, but it is cool looking.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have reasons to believe that the giants did exist and that they are forbidden history.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This book of giants was found a long time ago yet who has ever heard of it ? It seems to me that they are keeping knowledge of and evidence of the preflood world secret and covered up. https://newsinstact.com/earth/the-myste ... fq6MZTPeQk

Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Gary Oak I just finished episode 3 of Ancient Aliens on Netflix. In episode 3 they talk about these underwater structures that dates back thousands of years ago that couldn't have been built by people at the time. Episode 2 explored the Greek, Hindu, and Norse mythology. There were these giants that were like 9 feet tall. In many cultures and religions there were creatures and gods that were half human and half animal hybrids. Gods would come down and mate with women. Some cases women were pregnant without sexual intercourse. It could be aliens experimented with humans. These giants could have been demi-gods.

Have you watched Ancient Aliens?

This Ancient Aliens series seem to be different from the one I'm watching on Netflix. I remember the guy that wrote Chariots Of The Gods. He was on Coast To Coast AM before.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have watched many episodes of ancient aliens and find many episodes very interesting. I know someone who believes that they are showing us things and maybe preparing us for something.