Dyatlov Pass Incident

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Mel Gibson

Dyatlov Pass Incident

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre? The Dyatlov Pass incident is the kind of incident that intrigues me!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Dyatlov Pass Incident

Maybe the drunk ones left, and the rest followed to find them to find them.
The smoke idea one, wouldn't they just stick around till it cleared.
Might be both ideas, the drunks ran away from the smoke, the rest followed to find them
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Dyatlov Pass Incident

I have come accross this incident a number of times over the years and there probably is another post somewhere on another thread on Gary Oaks Corner. Something happened. These were all experienced woodsmen. Could it be a human ape hybrid that Stalin was trying to have created to be a super soldier ? Was it a Russian dogman or werewolf ? The answer to this may be being kept secret for some reason. The truth of this mystery may be outlandish.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Dyatlov Pass Incident

It didn't sound like any of that stuff to me, it was drunks panicking, no amount of woodsman skills could trump a dumb ass maybe with his butt on fire.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Dyatlov Pass Incident

The likelihood of all of the team being shitfaced to the point of oblivion is very , very low..... :kez:

All the members of the hiking team were highly expeirence snow hikers and skiers...Anyone who spends that kind of time hiking in cold weather knows not to drink alcohol as it lowers you core body temperature and can cause hypothermia.

Also by all accounts the Soviet authorities suppressed any information or evidence coming out of the investigation for decades...This is an indication that it was governmental or something military that caused the deaths of the hiking team. The official conclusion was that an "unknown compelling force" had caused the deaths.... :laugh: How much more noncommittal or purposely vague can you get... :laugh:

Since the hiking team was lost in a storm and strayed off their planned route. They could have wandered into one of the restricted military zones that exist in the Ural mountains. It could have been a conventional arial bomb test, or as some have suggested, a test of an infrasound weapon. Infrasound discharge is known to cause panic and disorientation in humans and animals. This would explain the apparent panic and haste that some of the team seems to have experienced while fleeing their tent. As some here may have heard, there is mounting evidence that the US Embassy in Cuba was recently subjected to some kind of sonic weapon test...most likely an infrasound discharge.

All in all it looks like a very plausible explanation for the deaths of the Russian student hikers..and it wasn't the "menk" or wild men out of the woods, or space aliens, or bad vodka or a big nasty Russian cabbage fart. The real mystery is why the Soviet authorities shut down the investigation before any real conclusions could be made.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Dyatlov Pass Incident

I still believe that they went out looking for the to, they mentioned that they left normal not running.
My guess is they thought they would let the tent clear, and look around for the two, but got lost themselves.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Dyatlov Pass Incident

It could be something far more elaborate..

Maybe they werent hikers.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Dyatlov Pass Incident

Odinson wrote: January 10th, 2019, 7:21 pm It could be something far more elaborate..

What else could they have been? Out with your theory...🤔..... You live next door to those commie bastards, you should know them better than anyone here...So what do you think it was?

The Russians are extremely secretive about just about everything so I'm figuring it will probably remain a mystery forever.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Dyatlov Pass Incident

Odinson wrote: January 10th, 2019, 7:21 pm It could be something far more elaborate..

Crossed my mind also Odinson, they do a lot of that stuff just to spy on someone, or scout out an area for one thing or another.
Spying on the population is still big over there, the Russians have always been quite paranoid of their own as well as anyone else.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Dyatlov Pass Incident

Renee wrote: January 11th, 2019, 12:42 pm

What else could they have been? Out with your theory...🤔..... You live next door to those commie bastards, you should know them better than anyone here...So what do you think it was?

The Russians are extremely secretive about just about everything so I'm figuring it will probably remain a mystery forever.
We are talking about a bunch of students in a high-end russian university... During the height of cold war..

A university that was, in those times, closely tied to the russian military..

- All 9 dead in suspicious circumstances..

- Rubbing it on your face explanation from the officials.. Unknown force of nature.

- A high priority target for foreign intelligence agencies... The university that trains engineers specifically for the army.

Put all these factors together and you got a juicy espionage plot. :teehe:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Dyatlov Pass Incident

Blue Frost wrote: January 11th, 2019, 1:48 pm

Crossed my mind also Odinson, they do a lot of that stuff just to spy on someone, or scout out an area for one thing or another.
Spying on the population is still big over there, the Russians have always been quite paranoid of their own as well as anyone else.
That aerial mine theory sounds plausible too..

That body with no eyes... Looks like it has no intact bones and only skin keeps it from falling apart..
Pretty consistent with the effects of a anti-infantry explosive blast..

And the girl bit her tongue off in panic... It happens a lot.

Russkies dont care about details like setting up a perimeter around the target site so that no civilian comes to the area..

Then the russkie military denies the mistake because they are just too proud... They never admit anything..
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Dyatlov Pass Incident

We can speculate, but there is plausible natural causes for all that, cabbage farts even :laugh:
I think a lot of stupidity went on myself, but your idea is plausible also.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Dyatlov Pass Incident

Blue Frost wrote: January 12th, 2019, 2:58 pm We can speculate, but there is plausible natural causes for all that, cabbage farts even :laugh:
I think a lot of stupidity went on myself, but your idea is plausible also.
We´ll never know..

I bet the truth is in the old KGB archives.

But it wasnt caused by the bigfoot or aliens.. Or magic. :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Dyatlov Pass Incident

Oh, I'm sure they know, but never cared, it wasn't important to them.
It always got me how the Soviets threw their men away, and write them off, in WW2 they killed off the good generals, and took the ones that didn't mind loss of life to meet an objective while leaving themselves open for another attack that would wipe them out.
Mel Gibson

Dyatlov Pass Incident

This is one story that has always fascinated me, and although I do agree with Renee insofar as the Russian Militsiya more than likely had something to do with this event, we must still bear in mind that the original search party that found them were teachers and other students from the Institute... Militsiya only became involved after original search party found them.

This is important to note, because the only footprints found there were that of the nine original hikers.

These were experienced outdoors people, and not a group of highschool kids walking into the local treed park for a drug & alcohol party... Which is why their behaviour was so odd.

I know how the Russkies operated then, and if they wanted to exterminate this group, they simply would've put a bullet in their heads, and all the evidence would've then simply 'disappeared'.

Also, the ones that didn't die of hypothermia (even though their tent and supplies were very close) had odd injuries leading to their deaths... Described as blunt force trauma similar to something one would see in a serious motor vehicle accident.

A weird story, and I'm sure someone had info on what really happened, but more than likely enough time has passed where those people probably took that to the grave with them.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Dyatlov Pass Incident

Dont think alcohol wasnt involved in this..

Russkies and finns are not like americans... Being all nerdy with your electronically heated gloves and shit...

I´ve been on hiking trips and I cant remember a damn thing about them because the film was cut off from the point I left the town.

If we go on a ski-trip to south-pole.. I´m gonna sexually harass the female doctors and then pass out on the nearest sofa when we get there..
Mel Gibson

Dyatlov Pass Incident

Odinson wrote: January 21st, 2019, 1:15 pm Dont think alcohol wasnt involved in this..
There was no alcohol involved. The search parties only found one small, unopened bottle of booze.

That is why this case is so bizarre... Any and all theories that people may have are simply not supported by the evidence found at the scene.

It is extremely rare for something like this to happen, when even the experts cannot draw a conclusion!
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Dyatlov Pass Incident

Latest investigation concluded that it was caused by an avalanche.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Avalanche is what Italians do around 12 noon. This sounds a little hard to believe.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 4:06 pm
Odinson wrote: January 21st, 2019, 1:15 pm Dont think alcohol wasnt involved in this..
There was no alcohol involved. The search parties only found one small, unopened bottle of booze.

That is why this case is so bizarre... Any and all theories that people may have are simply not supported by the evidence found at the scene.

It is extremely rare for something like this to happen, when even the experts cannot draw a conclusion!
They only found one unopened bottle. Chances are other 5 bottles of 100 proof homemade potato vodka were lost in the snow along with a half empty bag of mushrooms... :laugh:

Personally I think it was the Almasty...otherwise known as Bigfoot, Sasquatch, lost hippies, etc. Those fuckers don't like trespassing in their territory. So be careful when you go wandering in the woods behind your house...If the Indians don't take your hair the Sasquatch will use you for a love doll.