Photos From Long Ago

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Photos From Long Ago

ice how the roads where for pedestrians then, it all flipped to cars soon after the influx of cars on the roads.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oaktree

Photos From Long Ago

That’s so true. I for some reason didn’t notice that. There sure do have a lot more just in their step too.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Photos From Long Ago

Blue Frost wrote: May 7th, 2018, 11:56 pm Pretty cool, and all before WW1.
Notice the regular people dressed nice, and proper, not like the bums today you see everywhere.
Yeah well fashions change. :pardon:

Although it seems everyone dressed nicely back in the day...on average they bathed once a week, didn't have deodorant, wore a lot of wool and other heavy fabrics and undergarments, sweated like pigs.....so they STUNK.... :poo:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Photos From Long Ago

I had a wool blanket as a kid, everyone hated them, but with my skin being dry as it is I loved the thing.
As for stink, few today bathe, and they dress worse than bums do. I call people out when I go to the stores for their stink, telling them where the soap isle is.
Some smokers are the worst, crap, pee, and cigarettes. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Photos From Long Ago

Oh, and today fashion isn't fashion at all, it's a bunch of garbage individuality liberal crap.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Photos From Long Ago

Blue Frost wrote: May 9th, 2018, 5:40 pm I had a wool blanket as a kid, everyone hated them, but with my skin being dry as it is I loved the thing.
As for stink, few today bathe, and they dress worse than bums do. I call people out when I go to the stores for their stink, telling them where the soap isle is.
Some smokers are the worst, crap, pee, and cigarettes. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
That's because you live in middle America with all the Trump supporting racist hicks.... :laugh:

Everyone out there smells like chewing tobacco, PBR... and trailer park despair.... :rofl:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Photos From Long Ago

Blue Frost wrote: May 9th, 2018, 5:41 pm Oh, and today fashion isn't fashion at all, it's a bunch of garbage individuality liberal crap.
What;...you got something against pink hair, facial piercings and obnoxiously visible bad ink?...😆

That's not very tolerant of you......😋
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Photos From Long Ago

Sorry my intolerance has no bounds, I have sent many people crawling off to hide their stinky ass.

As for the hair, I told one girl it looked like a cotton candy machine exploded on her head, she didn't take it as an insult.
She was working at Lowe's as a cashier :facepalm: they have a green haired one also :kez:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Photos From Long Ago

[video][/video]
Gary Oaktree

Photos From Long Ago

I posted on this photo on this thread earlier but some new details are very welcome. That guy struck gold with his ten dollars. None of them look like fun guys that I would want to hang out with.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Photos From Long Ago

I used to look through the old photos at the flea markets, I gotta wonder if I missed something like that .
You see a lot of interesting stuff in the old photos like how things changed, and how things where.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Photos From Long Ago

Carinhall.. Herman Görings home.

A train set. :laugh:

No insulation on the walls.. That is going to be a cold place during winter..

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Photos From Long Ago

Do kids have train sets these days ? I think that they are all playing computer games all day now.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Photos From Long Ago

Gary Oak wrote: November 4th, 2018, 7:53 pm Do kids have train sets these days ? I think that they are all playing computer games all day now.
My nephew has..

But he can barely speak.

No interest in computers as of yet.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Photos From Long Ago

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Photos From Long Ago

I couldn’t watch the second video for some reason however the first video makes a very convincing case that that actually is another picture of Billy the Kid.i wonder how I would have gotten along with him.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Photos From Long Ago

Likely I would have shot him, give him red hair, and he would look like a cousin of mine.
Note, my cousin has been in prison a few times, funny the similarities.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Photos From Long Ago

What a unique world he lived in with Indian battles to wary of. The police didn’t have phones radios or computers. There were only about thirty white guys in his age group around. He wouldn’t have been well read and I doubt that he had much of a sense of humour either. He doesn’t look like a fun and happy positive guy. I am sure that he would have had some experiences to tell though.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Photos From Long Ago

Billy the Kid was only five foot four ? I know people were far shorter before our food got full of hormones and steroids. He dressed up as a girl and waitressed for the people looking for him ? Perhaps he had some personality. This is a first hand account related by the pal of his to his grandson.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Photos From Long Ago

I think I watched that a long time ago when the History channel was about History.