Cryptozoological Monsters

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:29 pm

That’s another example of how many people have. Very few born again Christians haven’t had and and most have had many and probably almost all occultists have too as have many people who work in hospitals.

Renee

Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Odinson wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:26 am
We dont have dogman or bigfoot folklore..

But we have spirits..

My grandparents place is haunted.

Everybody, including me and my girlfriend, can hear footsteps on the 2nd floor...

Walking footsteps and then they sound like they are rushing to the stairs.

I´ve ran to the upstairs many times during nights to catch whatever is up there... :teehe:

And then I have slept up there.

If its a spirit... Its my grandfather.....

He should come down for a cup of coffee or something instead of sneaking around.
But you do have werewolf mythology...It might be more Estonian than Finnish but the legends seem to cross over between cultures.

Finnish legend refers to them as "vironsusi".

https://lindagodfrey.com/category/wolfmen/

Linda Godfrey is the newspaper reporter that first broke the story about the "Beast of Bray Road" on Elkhorn Wisconsin. She collects reports of dogman/werewolf sightings from all over the globe. Her books are fascinating and a bit chilling at times.

As for your grandfather's house being haunted,...I have no doubt that it is, especially if your grandfather died there. My own house is haunted by a shadow person that comes and goes with certian times of the year and around certian dates. The original house goes back to around the first world war. It's my understanding that it was completely gutted and renovated in the early 50s and again in the 80s and again in 2012 after Hurricane Sandy...My parents bought it in the early 80s and did the last 2 renovations and additions to it....I really don't know how many people lived in this house before my parents got it but I do know that the previous owners both died here. They were an elderly couple and they died within a couple of years of each other.

They must have both died in or around the room I use as my office/den....it was once the main bedroom before the 1982 addition was built. That's where the most activity seems to take place...At certian times of the year, especially the fall through Christmas, it gets a bit unnerving with shadows moving up and down the hallway and weird noises at night. The rest of the year it's pretty quiet.

Normally I would probably just chaulk it up to sleep depravation or an overactive imagination but my children have experienced strange things too and the dogs seem to be effected as well. None will go in that room willingly, even my Eurasier, who usually isn't afraid of anything, won't go in my office. He will just sit outside the door and whine or bark for no reason and no matter what I do, no matter what treats I offer, he will not go in that room.

It's all pretty eerie at times....Even the neighbors say my house is haunted. Before I bought it from my parents it was strictly a summer residence. No one lived here year round. The neighbors all say that lights used to go on and off in the house when no one was there. And the exterior lighting would go on in the middle of the day for no reason. I have not experience lights going on and off but neighbors around me swear they saw it.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:31 pm

The first spirit that I saw was a black siluette sitting in a living room chair at night, the carpet was white and the streetlight was brightly shining in. I was about 4 years old saw him from the other side of the house. He was wearing an old top hat sort of hat and filled the chair out so he was bigger than my dad.

Renee

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:54 pm

Gary Oak wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:31 pm
The first spirit that I saw was a black siluette sitting in a living room chair at night, the carpet was white and the streetlight was brightly shining in. I was about 4 years old saw him from the other side of the house. He was wearing an old top hat sort of hat and filled the chair out so he was bigger than my dad.
The "hat man" shadow is one of the most common sightings for shadow people.

Did you have any feelings of dread or panic or a feeling that the shadow was malevolent? Many people report those feelings.

The one I see here is one of a small thin male figure. It might even be considered the size of a child. He just watches and disappears when confronted. He doesn't seem to be malevolent in any way or at least I don't sense it. I just get a feeling of sadness and loss just before he makes himself known.

I have an ex sister in law who is a college professor in Washington state. She teaches history...mainly in ancient religions and occultism. She is also a practicing witch (wiccan Gardner tradition), belongs to a coven and all that shit....We talk quite often about this stuff. She says I should have the house "cleansed" by a qualified spiritualist. She claims that shadow people as a rule are malicious and malevolent and they play mind games and tricks on people to lure them into believing they are harmless....They can also project negative energy and cause personality changes in people who are susceptible to their influence...But then again who is a qualified "spirtualist"?... There is no certificate course for that stuff... :laugh: ...How do you go about interviewing someone for that kind of job? Sometimes cleansing by some arm chair occult hobbyist can make the situation worse.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:45 pm

That experience is very clear and is the only reason that I remember the white carpet, how the washroom light took so long to turn on after flicking the switch, the creaking of the stairs as I tip toed down them etc... I have never heard of the hat man. He is common ? I was scared of the dark and this house felt very spooky especially in the basement. I don’t think that I felt dread though. There was one time where I felt danger coming and from the direction it was coming.I have always wondered who or what that spirit was. I recently heard on TV that our energy field radiate out about twelve feet and I have reason to believe this field is why we can sense how people are. I do believe that after I found out that my mother died that I could feel her spirit around me for seven days. After someone dies their energy has to go somewhere.

Odinson

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:28 pm

Renee wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:29 pm
Odinson wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:26 am
We dont have dogman or bigfoot folklore..

But we have spirits..

My grandparents place is haunted.

Everybody, including me and my girlfriend, can hear footsteps on the 2nd floor...

Walking footsteps and then they sound like they are rushing to the stairs.

I´ve ran to the upstairs many times during nights to catch whatever is up there... :teehe:

And then I have slept up there.

If its a spirit... Its my grandfather.....

He should come down for a cup of coffee or something instead of sneaking around.
But you do have werewolf mythology...It might be more Estonian than Finnish but the legends seem to cross over between cultures.

Finnish legend refers to them as "vironsusi".

https://lindagodfrey.com/category/wolfmen/

Linda Godfrey is the newspaper reporter that first broke the story about the "Beast of Bray Road" on Elkhorn Wisconsin. She collects reports of dogman/werewolf sightings from all over the globe. Her books are fascinating and a bit chilling at times.

As for your grandfather's house being haunted,...I have no doubt that it is, especially if your grandfather died there. My own house is haunted by a shadow person that comes and goes with certian times of the year and around certian dates. The original house goes back to around the first world war. It's my understanding that it was completely gutted and renovated in the early 50s and again in the 80s and again in 2012 after Hurricane Sandy...My parents bought it in the early 80s and did the last 2 renovations and additions to it....I really don't know how many people lived in this house before my parents got it but I do know that the previous owners both died here. They were an elderly couple and they died within a couple of years of each other.

They must have both died in or around the room I use as my office/den....it was once the main bedroom before the 1982 addition was built. That's where the most activity seems to take place...At certian times of the year, especially the fall through Christmas, it gets a bit unnerving with shadows moving up and down the hallway and weird noises at night. The rest of the year it's pretty quiet.

Normally I would probably just chaulk it up to sleep depravation or an overactive imagination but my children have experienced strange things too and the dogs seem to be effected as well. None will go in that room willingly, even my Eurasier, who usually isn't afraid of anything, won't go in my office. He will just sit outside the door and whine or bark for no reason and no matter what I do, no matter what treats I offer, he will not go in that room.

It's all pretty eerie at times....Even the neighbors say my house is haunted. Before I bought it from my parents it was strictly a summer residence. No one lived here year round. The neighbors all say that lights used to go on and off in the house when no one was there. And the exterior lighting would go on in the middle of the day for no reason. I have not experience lights going on and off but neighbors around me swear they saw it.
Sounds familiar now that I think about it.... But its more of a karelian cultural thing... I´m from a different area.

It might be my grandfather because my grandmother said she saw him occasionally..

Or it might be my uncle or cousin whom both died unnaturally around the house.

My cousin slipped and got entangled on the spinning tractor axle... What a brutal scene..

And my uncle killed himself after that due to grief.

I always look how my pets are behaving if I think something odd is happening...

Its pretty bad if dogs dont go near the room or are somehow skittish about something.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:44 pm

I know a native language teacher who spoke with a ( blue ) spirit of a boy she didn’t know had just passed away.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:41 pm

I can't think of any creature that resembles this one at all. When they go to the Mariana Trench I am sure that they will find some new creatures for this thread.

A Living 'Balloon on a String' Discovered in the Deepest Part of the Indian Ocean

The depths of the Indian Ocean are home to some bizarre creatures — including one that looks like a balloon on a string.

Explorers captured a video of this gelatinous creature in a recent dive to the Java Trench, the bottommost part of the Indian Ocean. This dive was one of many in the Five Deeps Expedition, during which the crew aimed to reach the deepest part of all five of the world's oceans.

"We were just watching the video back and saw the thing come out of the darkness," said Alan Jamieson, the chief scientist on the expedition and a senior lecturer at Newcastle University in the U.K. "It drifted right towards the camera... and then drifted off again." [In Photos: Spooky Deep-Sea Creatures]

With its long appendage, "almost like a tentacle that holds onto something," it looked like a balloon on a string, he added.

After a literature search, Jamieson found a group in Japan that had described something similar about 20 years ago — a species of stalked ascidian or sea squirt. But there were key differences between the newly found creature and the one described in the literature — the latter had filaments coming off the top of its head, whereas this one doesn't, he said.

There's a "high probability" of this being a new species, since there's no record of such a creature that far down at over 6,500 meters (21,300 feet) he said.

This creature likely anchors itself to the seafloor with its long tentacle, perhaps to keep still in a seismically active seafloor, he said. (Trenches are "seismically active" because they are dips on the seafloor where one tectonic plate is pushed beneath another). As for why the tentacle is so long, Jamieson suggested it might help the creature filter feed up to 3.3 feet (1 meter) above the seafloor.

Because the deepest parts of four out of the five oceans have never been visited by humans before, "it's not a big surprise to our science team that we're spotting some creatures that we are pretty sure are new species," said the creator of the expedition Victor Vescovo, an explorer and businessman, who makes the first dive down to the depths, typically solo, in a small titanium-and-glass sphere submersible.

But not all of the critters they came across were alien to the members of the crew.

They saw more familiar creatures such as starfish and sea cucumbers and several hadal snailfish — palm-size, pinkish, tadpole-like critters with small black eyes and semitransparent bodies, through which their liver is clearly visible.

These snailfish "may not be a new species [because they] look much the same," but it's kind of "interesting" that we have seen it in the deep part of every ocean so far, Jamieson said. Before they visited the Java Trench in the Indian Ocean, the team members dove down to the trenches of the Atlantic Ocean and the Southern Ocean around Antarctica — both of which are home to similar snailfish.

Of all three of the oceans, the Indian Ocean seems to be the one most dense with life, Vescovo said. But, it's also the one that's very undersampled. There's "hardly any record at all," of the creatures down there, Jamieson added.

The members of the research group hope to analyze some of the videos and photos they took down in the depths of our world and publish some findings about their research. In addition, their dives are being filmed for a Discovery Channel documentary series set to air toward the end of the year.

The next stop, in two weeks, is the Mariana Trench in the Pacific Ocean, the deepest part of any of the oceans. This trench is the only one that has been explored by humans — but only twice before, Vescovo said. U.S. Lieutenant Don Walsh and Swiss engineer Jacques Piccard first dove down to the trench back in 1960 and Canadian explorer and filmmaker James Cameron set the record for going the deepest in 2012.

https://www.livescience.com/65260-weird ... rench.html

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Fri May 31, 2019 7:29 pm

Well finally the answer has been answered even if not answered :teehe:

Renee

Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:26 am

Blue Frost wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:29 pm
Well finally the answer has been answered even if not answered :teehe:

This would be funny if it weren't so pathetically true.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:14 pm

Yeah, and the money wasted when it should have been used for putting Hillary away for having this stuff done to Trump.
Shes had charges dropped by the same people after trump when they had all the evidence ageist her. Collusion across the board by her for payoffs, and nothing done.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:15 pm

This animal looks as beautiful as it is rare. https://www.disclose.tv/giant-multicolo ... DNCOyM8Ng0

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 am

https://www.disclose.tv/extinct-bird-re ... DbDn1jiJ0E

Extinct Bird Re-Evolved Into Existence Again After 136,000 Years
Extinct Bird Re-Evolved Into Existence Again After 136,000 Years

If someone were to look at the picture of the bird below, they would probably think it's just an ordinary bird and nothing special either. The image is actually of the Aldabra white-throated rail, a flightless bird that lives on an atoll of Aldabra in the Indian Ocean. While this small bird may not look like much, it actually has some pretty big bragging rights. The bird has effectively done the unthinkable and evolved itself back into existence after going extinct around 136,000 years ago, which is absolutely remarkable.

White Throated Rail Madagascar White-throated
Re-Evolution

On Wednesday, a study was published in the Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society. According to this study, the rail’s evolution back into existence is an example of a rarely observed phenomenon called iterative evolution. What this means is that the same ancestral lineage has the ability to produce parallel offshoot species at different points in time. So it's more than possible for identical species to pop up multiple times in different eras and locations, even if past iterations have gone extinct, as is what happened with the Aldabra rail.

According to the study authors, Julian Hume, an avian paleontologist at Natural History Museum in London, and David Martill, a paleobiologist at the University of Portsmouth, around 136,000 years ago, Albadra, where these rails live, was submerged by an inundation event. A number of fossils of the flightless bird have been discovered from both before and after Albadra was submerged. The first iteration of flightless rails descended from flying forebears that originated in the Seychelles Islands and Madagascar. However, they were unfortunately wiped out by the rising sea levels which covered the atoll where they resided.
Bone Flightless Bird
Wing bones fossils of flighted (right) and flightless Dryolimnas rails.

Against the odds though, it appears as if the same parent species have recolonized the atoll once it emerged from under the waves tens of thousands of years later. After studying the fossils, researchers are pretty sure that the new rail was again evolving toward flightlessness at the time due to the absence of predators on Aldabra which rendered the ability obsolete. Around 36,000 years after the first iteration went extinct, the evolutionary process had already effectively produced the same bird.
Other Examples

This isn't the first time that iterative evolution has been observed in animals. For example, a lot of research has been done into animals that are able to do this, such as sea cows, ammonites, and sea turtles.

However, the authors have concluded that the rails represent an unprecedented case study of avian iterative evolution. There is no evidence of any such activity occurring with any rail species or birds at all for the matter. This is the first example where iterative evolution is so prominent.

Renee

Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:57 pm

I do not believe that "re-evolution" actually happens....especially not in the relatively short span of time we are dealing with here.

It is more likely that the species of bird in question was so rare that it was mistakenly classified as extinct.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Similar animals have evolved to look the same, also animals of the same species on the same line of evolution.
Maybe the birds ancestor moved on to become that kind of bird.
A successful form of life will repeat sometimes. Look at Ichthyosaurs, they are the shape of a Dolphin, or more like Dolphins look like them.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:49 pm

Here is the Okopogo video again.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:33 am

Yeah, and that boat going in circles has nothing to do with it :kez:
I call BS on this one Gary, it's been done to many times now, seen many others just like it.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:39 am

Boat ripples
They are made from being pushed to the side of a boat, the shadow of the roll over can look like something in it.
Sorry, forever skeptic here, I question everything.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:06 am

It’s still the best evidence that they have for the existence of okopogo which says a lot.

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.