Moon Mysteries

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Moon Mysteries

Thanks for the reminder. I hope the sky is clear tonight. I was out last night and I couldn't see very well at all so it must have been overcast. It sure was cold and windy. I almost walked into a deer the previous night on that same road and was spooked enough to go back and drive that short distance instead last night.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Moon Mysteries

I tried to get a photo, but it just looked like a light bulb, no detail at all. Ill try again tonight though.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I believe there is a story here.

The Bizarre Case of NASA's 'Stolen' Moon Rocks
Back in 2014, the agency got a tip.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/na ... cks-stolen
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

$125 million dollar necklace :facepalm:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Moon Mysteries

If I had to bet my money would be on that this is just going to be just another eclipse. At least we don't have long to wait. August 12 is just around the corner.

Coming Soon: The Most Unusual (And Significant?) Solar Eclipse In U.S. History

August 21st is the date of "the Great American Eclipse", and the hype around it is already starting to reach a fever pitch.

It is being called "the Great American Eclipse" because this will be the first total solar eclipse ever that is only visible in the United States.

In other words, since the United States became a nation there has never been a total eclipse that was only visible here and nowhere else.

And this will be the first total solar eclipse to cross from the west coast to the east coast in 99 years. So for those that love astronomy, this is bigger than the Super Bowl.

Close to 200 million people live within a day's drive of "the totality zone", and many are projecting that this will be the most-viewed eclipse ever.

In fact, many hotels and campsites along the path of the eclipse are already completely booked. So if you want to see it live, you better make your arrangements quickly.

Of course the "main event" will not last for very long. Depending on the location, the total eclipse will only last for about two or three minutes.

But if you count from the time that the moon will begin to cover the sun until the time when the sun is completely uncovered again, it will take approximately two and a half hours for the entire process to unfold. The following comes from Newsweek...

If you are in the band of totality, you will see (if you look through special 'solar filters' that darken the Sun by a factor of about 100,000) the Moon gradually covering the sun for about 75 min, then the beautiful totality, and then the uncovering for another 75 min.

Of course in the heavens things will be taking place at very high speed. For example, the moon's shadow will actually be crossing the U.S. at a speed of close to 1,700 miles per hour.

And even if you are not in the "totality zone", you will still notice what is happening on August 21st. That is because this eclipse will actually cast a "shadow" over the entire nation.

Could it be possible that has some sort of significance?

I don't know, but without a doubt there will be a whole lot of speculation going on as we get closer to the date.

Many have pointed out that this solar total eclipse in 2017 will be followed by another total solar eclipse nearly seven years later on April 8th, 2024.

And when you plot the projected courses of these two solar eclipses on a map, they form a giant "X" over the center of the United States...

image: Image

Could this be some sort of extremely bizarre coincidence?

And if it isn't a coincidence, what could it mean?

I am afraid that I don't have the answers to those questions right now, but I do find it to be extremely interesting that the heart of this "X" just happens to fall in the middle of the New Madrid fault zone.

Back in 1811 and 1812, the New Madrid Fault zone was hit by a series of absolutely massive earthquakes. At one point the shaking was so bad that it even caused church bells in Boston to start ringing.

If similar earthquakes happened in our day and time, the damage would be absolutely unimaginable. The following comes from Smithsonian.com...

The Midwest was sparsely populated, and deaths were few. But 8-year-old Godfrey Lesieur saw the ground "rolling in waves." Michael Braunm observed the river suddenly rise up "like a great loaf of bread to the height of many feet." Sections of riverbed below the Mississippi rose so high that part of the river ran backward. Thousands of fissures ripped open fields, and geysers burst from the earth, spewing sand, water, mud and coal high into the air.

Could you imagine "thousands of fissures" suddenly opening up all over the middle of the country?

One insurance company tried to estimate what the economic toll would be if similar quakes happened today, and they came up with a figure of "about 300 billion dollars"...

A series of big shakes -- of the sort last seen in 1811 and 1812 -- would cause about $300 billion in damage, Swiss Re says. The cost would be double the damage from Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans in 2005.

Houses -- especially brick ones -- would collapse. Buildings would sink sideways into liquefying earth. Bridges might tumble into the rivers. The route of the Mississippi River could change -- as it did in the last big quake.

People would die, perhaps by the thousands. Being mainly a property reinsurer, Swiss Re didn't estimate the human toll.

And we should also consider the fact that there are 15 nuclear reactors along the New Madrid fault zone. And so during a major catastrophe we could be looking at Fukushima times 15.

Let us hope that the next major New Madrid earthquake is put off for as long as possible. Nobody should ever want to see that kind of devastation.

But scientists tell us that the Earth's crust is "mechanically weaker" under the New Madrid fault zone than it is in other areas of the country, and they assure us that given enough time there will be more massive quakes in the region someday.

It is entirely possible that it could just be a complete coincidence that these two eclipses form a giant "X" directly over the heart of the New Madrid fault zone, but I think that it would be a mistake to dismiss this phenomenon altogether without reflecting on what it might mean.

Because as Pastor Mark Biltz has pointed out, it appears that God specifically used solar eclipses back in Biblical times...

"An archaeological find of cuneiform tablets was found in the 19th century describing events in Nineveh. A famous eclipse mentioned in the tablets was known as the Bur-Sagale eclipse, which is verified by NASA as occurring on June 15, 763 BC.

The path of totality was right over Nineveh. God had declared the sun and the moon were for signs, and now the Ninevites saw the wrath of God coming even before Jonah arrived a couple months later. When Jonah arrived, they were ripe for repentance."

Our world is a very strange place, and it is getting stranger with each passing day.

And one thing is absolutely certain - the entire nation will be looking up into the sky on August 21st, and what they will see will be truly historic.

To learn more about "Signs In The Heavens", Bible Prophecy and to participate in seeing the total solar eclipse you can join fellow Prophecy Watchers at the HEAR THE WATCHMEN Conference in Boise, Idaho - Aug 18-20. Speakers include: Pastor Paul Begley, LA Marzulli, Pastor Carl Gallups, Dr. Michael Lake and Scottie Clark (addressing the controversial Revelation 12 Celestial Sign taking place the following month). A special discount code of "Boise20" is available to PNW subscribers who wish to attend or livestream the confere

Read more at http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/articl ... ryhxygi.99
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Moon Mysteries

The news here have been going on, and on about it. The county it's over is having a big day, and the surrounding 21 counties have been involved making preparations for the people.
I hope they are all safe there, and have a good time.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Moon Mysteries

If there is a lot of water under the surface perhaps there is life under there too

'Substantial' ocean of water beneath moon’s surface could help create human colony

Scientists who retested mineral samples collected during the Apollo moon missions now believe there’s a massive amount of water under the lunar surface – a discovery which may make manned missions to the moon easier than previously thought.
Researchers at Brown University in the US examined glass beads, a type of volcanic crystal gathered during the Apollo 15 and 17 missions in the 1970s, and found they contained similar volumes of water to Earth’s basalt rock.

The leaders of the study, which has been published in Nature Geoscience, cite the parallels as evidence that parts of the moon contain a similarly large amount of water. This, they believe, could be useful for future lunar missions as it means water could potentially be extracted rather than carried from home.

“Other studies have suggested the presence of water ice in shadowed regions at the lunar poles, but the pyroclastic deposits are at locations that may be easier to access,” said lead author Dr. Shuai Li, formerly of Brown University and now at the University of Hawaii.

“Anything that helps save future lunar explorers from having to bring lots of water from home is a big step forward, and our results suggest a new alternative."

READ MORE: First-ever ‘moon’ bricks bring lunar colony a step closer (VIDEO)

Scientists used instruments and images from India’s Chandrayaan-1 lunar orbiter which bounced light off the moon to see which minerals are present.

It was previously thought that water could only be found on each of the moon’s two poles, but deposits of volcanic beads, formed when magma crystallized after rising to the surface, have been found far and wide across the lunar surface.

“The fact that they see this feature associated with the glasses tells us that there was indeed quite a bit of water in the interior of the moon when these volcanic eruptions were occurring,” says Anthony Colaprete, a NASA scientist who reviewed the paper.

The race to create the first manned lunar base has been heating up in recent years.

n April, the European Space Agency announced plans to partner with China on a 'Moon Village,' a 3D-printed cluster of lunar outposts that could one day serve as a stop-off point on a journey to Mars.

Groundwork for the Moon Village mission will begin in November, when China plans to send a probe to the moon to retrieve rock and soil samples. The Chang’e-5 mission will be China’s first ever attempt at sample retrieval in space.

https://www.rt.com/viral/397417-water-b ... n-surface/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Moon Mysteries

Wouldn't count on water, and if there is it still might not be useful.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Moon Mysteries

If the CIA and their lackies in Hollywood are going to keep pushing that Hillary lost because of Russian involvement then perhaps they should should investigate the moon landings. Can you imagine the embarassment if the Russians prove that it was all a hoax ? I am quite sure that they already know the truth whatever that may be.

Russians to Investigate Whether America Really Landed on the Moon

[video][/video]
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Moon Mysteries

Wild goose chase in my opinion, but I believe what I saw on the news then, and what I have seen in telescopes.
Being a skeptic I guess the stuff could have been sent there by unmanned rockets later.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Moon Mysteries

This is such a rare event that it should be on this thread

EN DIRECTO: Eclipse solar 2017 - LIVE Stream: Total Solar Eclipse 2017

[video][/video]
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Moon Mysteries

I didn't watch it, wasn't that exciting to me, and i stayed in my nice cozy cool basement :)
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Moon Mysteries

I went out before it started and it was very hot and then during the eclipse the sunlight dimmed and it was noticeably cooler and the it warmed up and got brighter. I didn't have any glasses for the occasion so I couldn't actually see the moon blocking the sun.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Moon Mysteries

Nothing like this here
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Moon Mysteries

What an amazing photo. It probably will win awards.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Moon Mysteries

It will most likely be overcast here unfortunately but perhaps in Kentucky the odds will be much better. I do remember working at night during a supermoon and I could see quite well at night.

Super blue blood moon promises extremely rare treat on January 31

The Moon will put on quite the show at the end of the month, as a very rare, “super blue blood moon” will appear in the skies on January 31.
A super blue blood moon happens when three different lunar events happen at once – a supermoon, a blue moon and a blood moon combining to offer sky gazers a triple whammy of lunar treats.

© NasaAsteroid the size of Burj Khalifa skyscraper heading for Earth
A supermoon happens when the moon’s perigee – when its orbit is closest to earth – occurs at the same time as a full moon. It makes the Moon seem much larger than normal, by about 14 percent, NASA explains.

A blue moon appears when there are two full moons in one month. Despite the saying, “once in a blue moon,” these moons turn out about once every 2.7 years.

The first full moon of January happened on January 1 or 2, depending on time zones. The second will surface on January 31 or February 1, meaning people living in certain parts of Australia will miss out on experiencing a blue moon.

As well as being a supermoon and a blue moon, January 31 will also have a lunar eclipse – when the moon passes behind Earth and falls into its shadow. This only happens when the Moon, Earth and Sun are all aligned. The moon will be inside the Earth’s shadow for about an hour and fifteen minutes.

While the Moon is in the shadow, it looks reddish and is called a “blood moon.”

A blue moon total lunar eclipse has not occurred in the Western Hemisphere since 1866, but the Eastern Hemisphere saw one in 1982, Space.com reports.

The super blue blood moon will be visible early Wednesday, January 31 for people in the US. For people in Asia, the Middle East or Oceana, the eclipse will be visible after sunset on January 31. Some parts of Europe, Africa and Asia won’t get to see the full eclipse.

https://www.rt.com/news/416683-super-blue-blood-moon/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Moon Mysteries

The way it's going here with cloud cover we might not see it, might have snow that night.
We didn't see the last one.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Moon Mysteries

Blue Frost wrote: January 26th, 2018, 2:19 pm The way it's going here with cloud cover we might not see it, might have snow that night.
We didn't see the last one.
Well since the weather is not cooperating; here's a big moon for you.

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Moon Mysteries

:panic: Noooooo ! I rather not see the moon, especially some fat guys .
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Moon Mysteries

Blue Frost wrote: January 26th, 2018, 5:51 pm :panic: Noooooo ! I rather not see the moon, especially some fat guys .
Maybe you like this one better?..It's at least partially blue.... :pardon:

Feel free to ban me at anytime.... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas