Moon Mysteries

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Moon Mysteries

I believe that this mainstream THEORY of how the moon was created is only a thoery

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Moon Mysteries

I have posted on the Moon, and Thea in the space thread, it is a very plausible theory with major consensus .
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The Moon Age Is 100 Million Years Younger

http://www.space.com/22894-moon-age-100 ... unger.html

I read Refuting Evolution by a PHD scientist earlier this year and he stated that actually the moon simply cannot be older than about a billion and a half years old due to the simple fact that the moon moves away from earth an inch and a half every year and the math shows what the moons maximum age could possibly be which is far younger than this article states.This doesn't mean that the moon is actually younger than a billion and a half years old but that is the maximum age that the moon can be.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: The Moon Age Is 100 Million Years Younger

Gary Oak wrote:http://www.space.com/22894-moon-age-100 ... unger.html

I read Refuting Evolution by a PHD scientist earlier this year and he stated that actually the moon simply cannot be older than about a billion and a half years old due to the simple fact that the moon moves away from earth an inch and a half every year and the math shows what the moons maximum age could possibly be which is far younger than this article states.This doesn't mean that the moon is actually younger than a billion and a half years old but that is the maximum age that the moon can be.
Saw this first thing this morning :)
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Over Three Million Search Google For "Blood Moon" Insight

I hope nothing disasterous whappens while things are going so great for me.

Over Three Million Search Google For "Blood Moon" Insight
Read more at http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2014/A ... 1RRT3xE.99

Curious about the blood moon last night? You were not alone.

Over 3 million people have searched the term "blood moon" in the past 24hrs according to Google keyword impressions. Talk shows such as NBC's Today featured panelists to discuss the Blood Moon subject as did almost every major news publication including a cover photo on the popular Drudge Report website.

Much of this was due to speculation that this was no ordinary blood moon, but part of an important cycle of four consecutive total lunar eclipses that will happen over a period of about 18 months in 2014 and 2015 - each one on a Biblical festival day.

Last nights blood moon took place on this years Passover. The next eclipse will be on Oct. 8, the Feast of Tabernacles. In 2015, the eclipses also are on Passover, April 4, and Feast of Tabernacles, Sept. 28. There will also be two solar eclipses during this time period.

While lunar eclipses themselves are not rare - four consecutive blood moons or a "tetrad" are more uncommon - sometimes going several hundred years without one. However a blood moon tetrad falling on Biblical Feast days is extremely rare. It has only happened eight times since 1 A.D.

Pastor John Hagee, founder of Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas, is the author of
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The next one is October 8th isn't it ?
i see nothing mystical from it, I can see ancient people that didn't know what it was being all freaked out from it.
To me it's just a neat astronomical event. :)

April 4, 2015, and Sept. 28, 2015 are next years dates.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Blame It On The Moon

I thought all this full moon stuff was an old wives tale until my first job working in a bar. I quickly became a believer. People have wierder dreams during the week before and after a full moon as well these researchers have found. This is a very interesting article. The police and hospital workers around the world also believe in the full moons influence. People sleep 50 minutes less during full moons. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that the full moon + alcohol is a recipe for violence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... -moon.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I sleep less all the time, but Ill have to see if it's worse on a full moon.
Interesting, it's close now.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

A Blue Moon Tomorow

I noticed the full moon last night. I hope that I remember to look up tomorrow night.

http://www.businessinsider.com/blue-moo ... z3hJ808UJW
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ill drop my pants, and take a photo for everyone :panic: :laugh: :woot: Just kidding :)

The moon phases are really neat, in the late summer it will seem almost red some nights from the dust in the air from Africa.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Blood Moon, Super Moon Combine For One Spectacularly Bright Lunar Eclipse This Fall

August 12, 2015 | seattlepi.com
Share this article

Moon gazers, mark your calendars. A “Blood Moon” and “Super Moon” combine on September 28 for a spectacularly large total lunar eclipse with the Moon passing Earth at the closest distance all year–just 221,753 miles away.

What makes the September event so exciting for astronomers is the simultaneous eclipse during perigee–marking the fourth and final event in the lunar tetrad sequence of “Blood Moons.” It will all happen at a time when the moon already appears 30 percent brighter and 14 percent larger than normal.

The Sun will line up opposite Earth on September 28. As the Moon passes into Earth’s shadow it will loom larger than at any other point in the year, while also taking on the signature blood-red glow that gives eclipses their now popular nickname, Blood Moon.

The moment of full eclipse should begin just after 7 p.m., with the maximum eclipse at 7:47 p.m. By 10:22 p.m., TimeandDate.com reports the last rosy glow of earth’s shadow will fade from the Moon’s glow.

Because it’s a Blood Moon and a Super Moon, stronger tides will also accompany the celestial phenomenon as the gravitational tug of the Moon strengthens the closer it gets to Earth.

That marks the sixth Super Moon orbit or “perigee” of the year, with the fifth just a few weeks earlier, August 29, according to EarthSky.org.

February 18 was the second closest Super Moon of the year, slightly smaller than next month’s appearance.

The “Blood Moon” lunar tetrads, or a series of four eclipses have been written about as the stuff of biblical prophecy or celestial foretelling of coming events.

The last “Blood Moon” came over Easter weekend this past April, occurring on the same night Christians observe the miracle described in the New Testament of Jesus rising from the dead. Many end times ministries and apocalypse preachers like John Hagee capitalize on the interest in the astronomical events, pointing to Biblical references and finding historical events to correlate with the phenomenon.

The September Blood Moon and Super Moon happens to fall on the annual Jewish Feast of Tabernacles or Sukkot, beginning at sundown on September 27, 2015.

To learn more about the possible Biblical ramifications of the Blood Moon Tetrad click here

Read more at http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2015/A ... zQUkKrc.99
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Interesting to see the moon in all sizes, and color, I never get the prophecy stuff though.
I like better the talk of a lunar base, or something.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Orthodox Jews see blood moon as big deal
Read more at http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2015/S ... CqXiX6I.99

It's not just evangelical Christians, messianic Jews and Hebrew roots believers touting something big, something significant in the tetrad of blood moons set for a grand finale "supermoon" show Sept. 28 in a week.

Increasingly, Orthodox Jewish leaders and teachers are saying the event is significant historically and for the future of Israel and the Jewish people.

Bob O'Dell and Gidon Ariel, founders of Root Source, an educational program in which Orthodox Israelis teach Christians about the Bible and Judaism, say the closing blood moon on the first day of Sukkot, or the Feast of Tabernacles, should not be ignored or dismissed.

For the fourth time in two years, a blood moon will occur on either Passover or Sukkot. Previous blood moon tetrads, four lunar eclipses in succession over an 18-month period, occurred in other historically significant times for the Jewish people – 1428-1429, 1493-1494, 1949-1950, 1967-1968 and now 2015-2015.

The blood moons patterns were discovered by Mark Biltz, a Tacoma pastor who emphasizes the Hebrew roots of the Christian faith. He is the author of the bestselling "Blood Moons" and is featured as the presenter in a documentary movie about the phenomenon.

What is God telling us? Read the details of the blood moons, in "Blood Moons: Decoding the Imminent Heavenly Signs."

Making the latest tetrad more significant for some is the fact that it takes place at the end of a Shemitah cycle – the seven-year period leading to God's commandment for resting the land and release of debts in Israel. O'Dell and Ariel also believe this one occurs in a Jubilee year – kind of a super-Shemitah that comes every 50 years.

The Shemitah cycle has become big news all over the world as a result of the work of Jonathan Cahn, a messianic rabbi from New Jersey who wrote the No. bestselling books, "The Harbinger" and "The Mystery of the Shemitah," and collaborated with WND Films on "The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment," the bestselling faith movie of 2012 and 2013.

"We are not at all predicting the end of the world or the arrival of the Messiah in September," O'Dell told Breaking Israel News. "If you look at all the blood moons that have occurred in history, you see that every time they arrive, they mark turning points in history – major new trends involving the Jewish people."

Watch the trailer for "Blood Moons":

The tetrad in 1428-1429 marked the end of a wave of forced conversions for the Jews in Spain, and the tetrad in 1493-1494 signaled the end of the Spanish inquisition, which concluded with the expulsion of the Jews from Spain in 1492.

"We can now look back and see that the nation of Spain was peaking in power, while God was preparing a new home for the Jews with the founding of America through Christopher Columbus," O'Dell said. "The blood moons occurring on those Jewish feast days were a witness that God had not forgotten His promise to return the Jews to their homeland."

More modern Blood Moons tetrads have come at significant times for the reborn state of Israel.

"With the blood moons of 1949-1950, 1967-1968 and 2014-2015, when we take them all together they are marking the three phases of the rebirth of the nation of Israel," explained O'Dell.

According to O'Dell, the dates mark the creation of Israel as a nation in 1948, the unification of Jerusalem in 1967, "and as for 2015," he said, "we will need to wait and see. But our guess is that it has to do with Israel being now able to stand upon its own without help from the United States. We also see the coming together of Christians and Jews in love and support of each other as a new spiritual trend as well."

Gidon Ariel, the Israeli co-founder of Root Source, provided a historical perspective on the lunar occurrences.

"I think that Jews paid more attention to the skies in previous eras. In Ethics of the Fathers 3:18, Rabbi Eliezer ben Hisma states that tekufot, seasons, referring to all astronomical sciences, are parparaot lachochma, side dishes of wisdom. Maimonides also went to great lengths to document lunar tables and the like," he said.

What is God telling us? Read the details of the blood moons, in "Blood Moons: Decoding the Imminent Heavenly Signs."

Ariel pointed out that this trend has been largely neglected by modern Jews.

"Today, some astronomy buffs might pick up on [the blood moons], but it is still pretty esoteric for the mainstream," he told Breaking Israel News, adding, "That being said, I would mention there are more and more individuals and organizations dedicated to charting lunar data, some of them in preparation for renewing the Jewish lunar calendar based on r'eeyah, sighting, as part of the return to Temple service."

O'Dell and Ariel have co-authored a book entitled "Israel FIRST!" in which they highlight the importance of blood moons and other fascinating biblical phenomena. They hope to give the topic more appeal for both modern Jews and Christians to raise awareness and interest in the subject.

"For those who follow end-times prophecies, the blood moons are fascinating," said O'Dell, explaining, "Heavenly signs are mentioned in some of the end-times Bible passages and moons specifically."

O'Dell pointed out that the current blood moon is different from previous ones in that it will be visible in both Israel as well as in North America.

"The four eclipses in 1949-1950 were all visible from Israel," he said. "The four in 1967-1968 and the four in 2014-2015 are all visible from the USA – an extremely rare occurrence. But this very last blood moon in September is visible from both Israel and the USA simultaneously. It is something to ponder."
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It seems funny now to most people that such beliefs still exist.
Commits, and eclipses, and such haunted people just to find out they are dirty snowballs in space, and our orbit blocked the sun, or the moons when we lined up.
Solstice, and stuff like that did matter, it was a time of either renewing, or death in planting, and migrations.
Most stuff is just stuff natural to the workings of space, and timing.

Ill be sitting here most likely reading stuff on the internet hoping it rains real good. :)
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

The moon festival is this Sunday. Some Asians celebrate it. Eat the moon cake.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

i want moon cake :)
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

At least some cultures are happy for the full moon. It's a celebration.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Golden syrup, wine, flower, alkaline water, oil, and egg yoke :think: needs powered sugar, and chocolate. :teehe:
I forgot Lotus seed paste :unsure: wonder what that taste like .
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I used top go to the Asian supermarket here , and get the Koren moonpies, of so good, a lot better than the American ones.
Some of the sweets are pretty bland, but others are super sweet, some over the top. A lot of good stuff though in there if people would try it.