New Guinea

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

New Guinea

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... llers.html

I have a friend who went for a long hike there once. I have heard a few things. this Island seems like a mysterious place to me

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: New Guinea

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... uinea.html

I suspect that this nation may actually be the most dangerous place in Asia
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Poor people, what a bad experience for her, and the others. To bad they likely will never see justice from that, but then again how do you get over that.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

A Culture Of Spousal Abuse In New Guinea

New Guinea is an Asian nation that I yet don't know much about. It still is a bit of a mystery. A very adventurous and well travelled Israeli friend went on a long hike there by himself. I suspect from the little bits that I have gleaned here and there that New Guinea probably is the most dangerous country in Asia.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/culture- ... .html?vp=1
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

With a culture like they have had in the past with tribal wars, headhunting, and cannibalism and no place to vent now what do you expect.
Also being the "big man" is one of their traits, competition isn't there now.
It's such a shame the woman, and children have to stand by, and take that kind of primate barbarism.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

A friend of mine who travelled to New Guinea told me that they speak old English and use words like “rascals”. New Guinea still seems a bit mysterious to me.
Yong Jessie

Gary Oak wrote: April 30th, 2021, 8:40 am A friend of mine who travelled to New Guinea told me that they speak old English and use words like “rascals”. New Guinea still seems a bit mysterious to me.

Not to nit pick but just set the record straight just like what is Samoa, German Samoa, American Samoa and the Samoan Islands. Not need to repeat it again.

BUT there is no country called New Guinea. There is Papua New Guinea PNG and West Papua that is owned by Indonesia. They both have cannibals in. I do believe just like whats the difference between Samoa and American Samoa one more hard core than the other.

West Papua owned by Indonesia they speak Indonesian there and abit of English but none of the Pidgin English and some trbal languages.

Papau New Guinea PNG no one speaks Indonesian and speak Tok Pisin (pidgin English) and Hiri Motu. Not really old English they are speaking there but i can imagine how you came to that conclusion.

Tok Pisin (Pidgin English) developed as a result of contact between English speaking colonialists, traders, and local populations who spoke a numbery of indigenous languages.

I actaully when i was in Indonesia inquired about going to at least West Papua by a cheap ship they have from Jakarta. Takes something like a week to get there its dam far 3000 km from Jakarta but then dam cheap. Was advised against it thou as told only had 3rd class everyone together 1000 people and when you slept together you would be robbed for sure. Would be quite something to say youve been there to either West Papua or PNG i definetly say only with a local guide and maybe local security guard or guards.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I’ve just always called Papua New Guinea New Guinea and never thought that it was a big deal. I’ve read that the Indonesians haven’t been very nice to the natives on their side of the island. A friend who could really handle himself in a fight and highly trained did a long solo hike in Papua New Guinea. He had some food that he gave to a tribe that he came across that was starving. He said that they use some old English words like rascal.