Mysterious Writing

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mysterious Writing

http://www.bubblews.com/news/562632-anc ... historians

So who wrote on these rocks long before Columbus made it to the Americas ? I Arizona there is a grave marker written in 12th century English and the documentary I learned of this traced the name to the family of an Inn that is still standin.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Strange Writing

So many fakes, it makes it hard to find the truth.
I know people was here from other lands, and after 50000 or so years I think about everyone has been here.
The vikings found a monk on Labrador I think it was even when they arrived there, no telling where others went.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The Sinister Georgia Guidestones

i wonder what language they intend to use for a united humanity of approximately 500,000 people ? After their depopulation plans have been accomplished of course. If they had enough spare money to buy the land for this structure and create this monument then they aren't middle class folk.

http://www.zengardner.com/sinister-georgia-guidestones/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Strange Writing

English, French, or German is my guess, but you can't rule out Chinese since most the manufacturing is there now thanks to our politicians .
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ten Incredible Texts

I had heard of the emerald tablet and the Sumerian kinglist. THat Sumerian kinglist is very interesting as it's after the flood king list is correct but according to the history that we are told to believe they are lying about the pre flood kings.hmmmm.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-his ... ast-002026
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Mysterious Writing

Cool stuff Gary :)
I wish I could go back in history just to see the truth of how stuff happened.
Much is rewritten, and changed so much the story is a complete lie sometimes.
Look at the important people in history, many have changes their history, or genealogy for their own grander.
The kings of England, Pharaohs, Sumerian kings, Caesar all changed their own history, and relatives.
I take all history with a grain of salt.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Medicine

I wonder what secrets will be discovered from this. I bet the ancients knew of some interesting remedies. Check out the worlds oldest library.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/02/scien ... html?&_r=0
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

i would love to see that book if I could read it. i wonder sometimes how many books, and scrolls have been lost with such info, and knowledge.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Chekc out these 8 mysterious writing systems that so far no scientist has been able to decipher.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/8-a ... lsignoutmd
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I wonder what their ancient comedies were like ?

Ancient scrolls give up their secrets

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35865470

By Helen Briggs
BBC News

22 March 2016

From the section Science & Environment

PapyrusImage copyright Other
Image caption
The scrolls are the only library known to have survived from classical times

Metallic ink was used to inscribe scrolls regarded as an archaeological wonder, according to scientists.

The discovery pushes back the date for the first use of metallic ink by several centuries.

The Herculaneum scrolls were buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD79 and are charred and fragile.

Previous efforts to read them, over many centuries, has damaged or destroyed some of the scrolls.

The task of reading the surviving scrolls has fallen to scientists using technology such as the European synchrotron, which produces X-rays 100 billion times brighter than the X-rays used in hospitals.

Last year, physicists used the 3D X-ray imaging technique to decipher writing in the scrolls.

letters from the scrollImage copyright V Mocella / Nature Communications
Image caption
Curved letters have previously been identified on the papyrus

Now they have gleaned that the papyrus contains high levels of lead, which they say could only have come from its intentional use in the ink.

"We found some metal - some lead - in the ink, which is supposed to come four centuries after," said Dr Emmanuel Brun of the European Synchrotron in Grenoble, France.

"The common belief is that the Romans introduced metal in the ink in the fourth century."

Until now, it was thought that the ink used for the manuscripts was carbon-based.

Invisible text

The work, which appears in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, will help further investigations of the scrolls using synchrotron light.

"The discovery is interesting for the historical aspects but also for us for the papyrus scroll imaging," Dr Brun said.

"The different phases of the present study on the ink will allow us to optimise the next experiments on the reading of the invisible text within papyri. "

The eruption of Mount Vesuvius buried the resort town of Herculaneum in ash along with its larger neighbour, Pompeii.

A library of about 2,000 scrolls was excavated from one of its villas in the 18th century, of which about 600 remain unopened.

Most are philosophical works in Greek, but other works include a comedy in Latin.

Commenting on the study, Dirk Obbink, Professor of Papyrology and Greek Literature, said: "These are startling findings, if confirmed, charting the wave of the future.

"Until now, I hadn't expected to be able to read any of these scrolls from the inside, without damage to them, in my own lifetime. But now I do."
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I am getting curious about the religions of ancient times.

Archaeologists have unearthed a series of 2,000-year-old magic spells in Serbia
Spooky.

FIONA MACDONALD 10 AUG 2016
Researchers in eastern Serbia have discovered a series of magic spells etched onto tiny rolls of gold and silver, buried alongside the remains of humans who died almost 2,000 years ago.

The incantations seem to invoke divine powers to do good or evil, but the researchers are still trying to translate exactly what they say, and what they were used for.

"The alphabet is Greek, that much we know. The language is Aramaic - it's a Middle Eastern mystery to us," chief researcher Miomir Korac, from the Archaeological Institute in Belgrade, told Reuters.

"We read the names of a few demons, that are connected to the territory of modern-day Syria," added one of the team, Ilija Dankovic.

The spells were found inside small lead amulets, carved onto fragile sheets of precious metal alongside decorative symbols. Each incantation was only around the size of a candy wrapper, but still would have been incredibly valuable at the time.

Djordje Kojadinovic/Reuters
The burial site is near the modern-day city of Kostolac, which was the site of the Roman city Viminacium between the 1st and 6th century AD. It's estimated that the latest remains - and the spells - were buried around the 4th century AD.

The researchers have yet to conduct a full analysis on the scrolls, or carbon-date them, so we can't read too much into the discovery just yet.

But while this is the first time archaeologists have discovered something like this in Serbia, they've seen similar tablets of 'binding magic' in other countries, such as the UK and Egypt. The difference in those cases is that they're more often found in the form of tablets carved into people's tombs.

Binding spells were usually written to benefit or curse the living, but people would bury them with the deceased in the hopes that they would carry them either to angels or demons in the afterlife, and force them to do their bidding.

"They were often love charms, ordering someone to fall in love, but there were also dark, malignant curses, to the tune of: 'May your body turn dead, as cold and heavy as this lead,'" Dankovic told Reuters.

Back in 2006, one of these spell tablets was discovered in a grave in Leicester, England, dating back to the 2nd AD, requesting a god to curse a specific thief: "To the god Maglus, I give the wrongdoer who stole the cloak of Servandus ... that he destroy him before the ninth day."

Dankovic told Reuters that these charms were usually buried with people who had suffered a violent death, because it was believed that "souls of such people took longer to find rest and had a better chance of finding demons and deities and pass the wishes to them so they could do their magic".

There's no news as yet on how the people buried alongside the Serbian spells died, so the team isn't sure whether that's the case here.

What these small incantations can reveal, however, is details about the beliefs and faith of the residents of Viminacium at the time.

"This is a very important archaeological discovery because it shows us how luxurious the life in Viminacium was or how much hope they had in the 'curse tablets' so that they used precious metals," Korac told NBC News.

"According to my knowledge, such tablets have never been found inscribed in gold anywhere. According to the Roman customs, gold was never put into graves."

There's also evidence that the Roman city was in the middle of a religious shift during the 4th century, seeing as both Christian and pagan gods are called upon.

"Opposing deities appear on these tablets, as if invoking both Christ and the Antichrist today, or Christ and pagan gods, and that is weird. This shows us that the process of converting to Christianity was slow," he added.

The team is still in the middle of excavating the site, so until they've finished digging and the proper analysis of these remains begins, we're not going to know much more about the mysterious find.

But it just goes to show that there's always so much more left to learn about the societies that came before us.

http://www.sciencealert.com/archaeologi ... -in-serbia
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mysterious Writing

I have just read about this mysterious advanced writing that nobody has ever been able to decode found on Easter Island. A tiny island community didn't create this writing. COuld it be possible that before the ice age ended and the waters were over one hundred feet lower Easter Island was merely the highest peak of a large land mass. I bet there is something very interesting about these writings

https://www.google.ca/search?q=%22easte ... CugQsAQIJQ
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mysterious Writing

Looks a lot like old writing from India, might be related.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mysterious Writing

I have forgotten what Indian writing looks like. India's hindu religion may actually have originated from before the flood which it's Bagavad Gita has written about in it's pages. Is it really coinsidence that the Greeks Golden Age and the Egyptions first time , the hindu religion and the old testament all describe the preflood world with very similar descriptions ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mysterious Writing

It was there global warming, the real global warming.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mysterious Writing

After reading Magicians Of The Gods by Graham Hancock this is very interesting and I think it backs up the theory that he proposes in that book.

ENGLAND’S ANCIENT MEGALITHS COVERED IN SECRET STAR MARKER CODE

A recent investigation of stone-age rock art at a megalithic construction known as Hendraburnick Quoit, in Cornwall, has revealed that ten times the number of artistic markings are visible when viewed in moonlight or feeble sunlight from the south east. These mysterious markings are now exclusively revealed by Ancient News researchers to be coded star markers.

They also discovered that pieces of quartz had been deliberately crushed and spread around the site, which would have reflected moonlight, or firelight, creating an effect that would have likely accentuated any viewing of the rock-art.

Hendraburnick Quoit is a large propped ‘axe-shaped’ stone that rested upon a low platform of slates on Hendraburnick Down, near Davidstow. The investigating archaeologist, Dr. Jones, suspects that the megalithic stone was dragged up from the valley below to be used as a ritual marker associated with a more extensive Late Neolithic or Early Bronze Age, sacred site – perhaps around 2 500 BC. Dr. Jones and his team argue that the layer of slate beneath the 16-tonne quoit indicates that it was not a natural formation.

Before the research project lead by Dr. Jones and assisted by his colleague Thomas Goskar, 13 cupules (circular scoop markings) were recorded on the stone, their detailed observations under reduced light have resulted in a total of 105 engravings noted. Hendraburnick Quoit has duly been elevated to the status of the most highly decorated and complex example of rock art in southern England.

The fact that the art was created in a way that makes it more visible at night brings into question one of the prominent understandings associated with Neolithic structures, that they were features of a solar cult, often believed to be aligned with the solstice sun rise. The findings of Dr. Jones and his team would seem to suggest that some of the important megalithic sites may, in fact, be artifacts of a primarily lunar cult, with important rituals being carried out under the light of the full moon.

The fallen megalithic stone at Hendraburnick Quoit

The fallen megalithic stone at Hendraburnick Quoit. Credit: Derek Harper

Dr. Jones, of the Cornwall Archaeological Unit, said: “I think the new marks show that this site was used at night and it is likely that other megalithic sites were as well. “Stonehenge does have markings, and I think that many more would be found at sites across the country if people were to look at them in a different light.”

Writing in the archaeology journal Time and Mind, Dr. Jones and Mr. Goskar conclude: “As in many cultures where darkness is associated with the supernatural and the heightening of senses, it is possible that some activities at Hendraburnick Quoit may have been undertaken at night.

Smashed up quartz pieces have also been discovered at the Early Bronze Age cairn at Olcote near Calanais, on the Isles of Lewis, these are already suspected to be linked with lunar rites. Similar quartz debris has been identified at a growing number of neolithic sacred spaces.

The type of markings observed is found across the ancient world and often feature an indentation surrounded by concentric circles (cup and ring marks). These cupule markings are most often found at ancient sites in Northern Europe, but similar patterns have also been found even in Australia.

Dr. Jones admits that his team has not yet deciphered the meaning of the markings, however, we can reveal that the Ancient News team’s lead researcher, Bruce R. Fenton, is first to solve the mystery.

The five brightest stars of Orion and the six brightest stars of the Pleiades are highlighted.

​The five brightest stars of Orion and the six brightest stars of the Pleiades are highlighted. Credit: Thomas Goskar. Annotation: Bruce R. Fenton

Fenton explains, “The cupules are in fact star markers. We see the same artistic representation of the stars, involving cupules, at sites here in Australia. As soon as I saw the image of the quoit, I looked for notable constellations among the markings and immediately found both Orion and the Pleiades.”

The research project at Hendraburnick Quoit is providing data that fits well with Fenton’s investigation into a lost global culture that emerged out from Southeast Asia during the Younger Dryas climate event. Indeed, identification of both Orion and the Pleiades on the megalith also fit well with his existing body of research material.

The discovery of the additional rock markings at the quoit was first published in the archaeology journal Time and Mind.

By Bruce R. Fenton, AncientNews.net

Featured image: Lanyon Quoit, a megalithic burial site from the Neolithic period, circa 4 000 to 3 000 BC, near Morvah on the Penwith peninsula of Cornwall. Credit: Rex Features

http://sorendreier.com/englands-ancient ... rker-code/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mysterious Writing

Interesting, I wonder what significance the markings had for them, maybe following the path of them.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mysterious Writing

The evidence that Graham Hancock gives in his very interesting book Magicians Of The Gods is that all of these after flood stone carvings seem to show the same star cult.

Ancient Harran & The "People of the Stars"

[video][/video]
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mysterious Writing

It seems to me that it must be a forgotten language because I can't see any reason to go to such extremes to hide medical knowledge in such an extreme manner expecialy as the medicine of that time was pathetic.

Has the mysterious Voynich manuscript finally been cracked?

Mysterious text from the Voynich codex, a brightly illustrated ancient manuscript, may finally have been deciphered, according to a new study from computer scientists in Canada.
For decades codebreakers have poured over the 240-page relict, from which pages have been carbon dated back to the early 1400s. It has been suggested that the manuscript, which is housed at the Beinecke Library at Yale University and contains brightly colored images of plants and an unknown language, is a medieval medical journal for women.

But the purpose of, or information within, the Voynich codex has never been agreed upon by researchers and academics – despite the best efforts of WWII enigma code breakers in Britain. Named after Wilfrid Voynich, the man who brought the text to wider knowledge in the early 20th century, the codex could also be an elaborate hoax, as suggested by Keele University linguist Gordon Rugg.

However, now Greg Kondrak from the University of Alberta claims to have made strides in deciphering the seemingly lost language contained within the codex pages, reported CBC News.

According to the computer science professor, the first sentence of the manuscript translates roughly as: “She made recommendations to the priest, man of the house and me and people.”

READ MORE: Exact reproductions approved of mysterious ‘unbreakable’ coded Voynich Manuscript (PHOTOS)

Kondrak and his co-researcher Bradley Hauer studied the manuscript against 380 different language translations of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Using several experimental deciphering computer algorithms, the duo say they suspect the key to cracking the mysterious vellum manuscript lies tantalizingly close to Hebrew.

“[T]he language is a plausible candidate on historical grounds, being widely-used for writing in the Middle Ages. In fact, a number of cipher techniques, including anagramming, can be traced to the Jewish Cabala,” a research paper by Hauer states.

Other individual words deciphered within the text include ‘farmer,’ ‘light,’ ‘air,’ and ‘fire’.

“The application of our methods to the Voynich manuscript suggests that it may represent Hebrew, or another abjad script, with the letters rearranged to follow a fixed order,” the study concludes.

https://www.rt.com/news/417096-voynich- ... anslation/