Healthy Foods/Medical

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Healthy Foods/Medical

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Healthy Foods/Medical

[video][/video]
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Healthy Foods/Medical

[video][/video]
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Healthy Foods/Medical

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Healthy Foods/Medical

Once ones memory is gone I believe life is over. I hope that my language learning keeps my memory from fading.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Learning helps, but even the brightest stars fade quickly when it's time.
I knew a preacher that studied daily, and was a really kind person, within two years he was gone. :( sad loss to the world.
I knew an old contemptuous woman, she stuck around for over a decade :facepalm:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Healthy Foods/Medical

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This sounds far too good to be true. I can't see the pharmaceuticals allowing a treatment like this to end their multi billion dollar cancer industry. I hope that it is true.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My guess is that it will still be big prophets, maybe more since they can serve up on cure instead of many, and maybe more of it.
There is several companies, and they will eventually have to bring out the better stuff against their competition.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Healthy Foods/Medical

Zika has been known about since the 50s, now it's an issue just to get funding. :kez:
We have it here in the US thanks to Obama's illegal policies of open borders for criminals, sick people, and foreign governments.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Healthy Foods/Medical

[video][/video]
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

It's healthy too :thumbsup:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I like it, cooking chicken, and other things leaves a nice clean flavor with little after taste of grease .
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have known for decades now that butter is far better than margarine and that margarine was a scam to sell cheap inexpensive oils doctored up to taste like butter as a health food and that margarine isn't healthy at all. I like the taste of butter and now I have more reasons to eat it. I have a bit of a beer belly so I won't eat too much though. :dinner:

No Link Between Butter And Cardiovascular Disease

No link has been found between consuming butter and an increased risk of heart disease or stroke, instead finding that butter might actually be protective against type 2 diabetes.

Heart disease was rare in developed nations at the turn of the century. Between 1920 and 1960, the incidence of heart disease rose precipitously to become the number one killer. During the same period butter consumption plummeted from eighteen pounds per person per year to four.

It doesn't take a Ph.D. in statistics to conclude that butter is not a cause. Actually butter contains many nutrients that protect us from heart disease. First among these is vitamin A which is needed for the health of the thyroid and adrenal glands, both of which play a role in maintaining the proper functioning of the heart and cardiovascular system. Abnormalities of the heart and larger blood vessels occur in babies born to vitamin A deficient mothers. Butter was and is still is recognized by many as the most easily absorbed source of vitamin A.

Butter contains lecithin, a substance that assists in the proper assimilation and metabolism of cholesterol and other fat constituents.

Butter also contains a number of anti-oxidants that protect against the kind of free radical damage that weakens the arteries. Vitamin A and vitamin E found in butter both play a strong anti-oxidant role. Butter is a very rich source of selenium, a vital anti-oxidant--containing more per gram than herring or wheat germ.

Butter is also a good dietary source cholesterol. What?? Cholesterol an anti-oxidant?? Yes indeed, cholesterol is a potent anti-oxidant that is flooded into the blood when we take in too many harmful free-radicals--usually from damaged and rancid fats in margarine and highly processed vegetable oils. A Medical Research Council survey showed that men eating butter ran half the risk of developing heart disease as those using margarine. It's not surprising when you see how margarine is actually manufactured.

Study

Study co-author Dr. Dariush Mozaffarian, dean of the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University in Massachusetts, said in a statement that butter should not be demonized. The findings "do not support a need for major emphasis in dietary guidelines on either increasing or decreasing butter consumption," the researchers wrote in their study.

Just like coconut oil, butter is relatively high in saturated fat, which used to be considered a "bad" fat, but that logic is being reassessed by experts around the world. Increasingly, researchers are looking at the overall effects of eating certain foods, rather than focusing on specific nutrients by themselves, the researchers said. That's because the combination of nutrients in a food, like butter, may have a different effect on people's health than any single nutrient alone.

In the new study, the researchers analyzed information from nine earlier studies that together included more than 636,000 people in 15 countries who were followed for 10 to 23 years, on average. During that time, 28,271 people died; 9,783 were diagnosed with heart disease; and 23,954 were diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The average amount of butter that the people in the studies consumed ranged from one-third of a tablespoon daily to 3 tablespoons daily.

A daily serving of butter (14 grams or about 1 tablespoon) was linked with a 4 percent reduced risk of type 2 diabetes.

There was no relationship found between eating butter and being diagnosed with heart disease, the researchers said.

The findings suggested butter may be a "middle-of-the-road" food, said study co-author Laura Pimpin, also of Tufts University. For example, butter may be healthier for you than foods high in sugar or starch, which have been linked with an increased risk of heart disease and diabetes, Pimpin said.

Do You Need Organic Butter?

Yes, absolutely. The quality of your butter is highly dependent on the source. Cows fed GMO grains, drugged, vaccinated and kept in small quarters their whole lives will only result in toxic milk and consequently, toxic butter. If people were willing to pay a good price for high quality butter and cream, from cows raised on natural pasturage and through reputable organic practices, the health benefits are endless.

Since conventional butters often contain dangerous pesticides, antibiotics and added growth hormones, you must pursue organic sources for optimal nutrition.

Indeed, the Pesticide Action Network North America ranked non-organic butter as one of the top 10 foods most contaminated with persistent organic pollutants (POPs), toxic chemicals linked with breast cancer, immune system suppression, nervous system disorders, reproductive damage, hormone disruption and more!

Besides containing toxins, non-organic butter also is less nutritious than organic butter... less creamy... and less tasty. Is there any reason to buy any butter that’s not organic? Well, organic butter is more expensive than conventional butter -- but the difference in a household’s overall budget is truly small, especially now that national grocery chains, such as Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s, are offering their own organic store brands.

Butter's Amazing Compounds

Butter consists of butterfat and trace amounts of milk proteins and water. You may be surprised to hear that butterfat is butyric acid, which is basically the same substance that mothers produce to nourish their babies.

Butter’s beneficial components include...
•Antioxidants. Beta-carotene, selenium and other antioxidants shield the body from free-radical damage.
•Butyric acid. This short-chain fatty acid supports colon health.
•Conjugated linoleic acids. CLAs fight cancer, build muscle and boost immunity.
•Iodine. Butter is rich in iodine, which is essential to thyroid health.
•Lauric acid. A medium-chain fatty acid, lauric acid encourages the body’s immune system to fend off yeast and other infections.
•Lecithin. This phospholipid protects cells from oxidation and may contribute to cholesterol metabolism.
•Vitamin A. Butter contains the readily absorbable form of vitamin A, which is a must for eye and endocrine health.
•Vitamin D. This vitamin helps your body absorb calcium to maintain strong bones and plays a role in reducing your risk for chronic diseases such as osteoporosis, heart disease, and colon and other cancers.
•Vitamin E. Anti-inflammatory vitamin E speeds wound healing, promotes skin health, enhances immunity and may protect against a host of illnesses, including diabetes, heart disease and Alzheimer’s.
•Vitamin K. Proper blood clotting and bone health are among the benefits offered by fat-soluble vitamin K.

Saturated fat and cholesterol have been falsely demonized by manufacturers of cholesterol-lowering statin drugs. Since butter is typically used in small amounts, this can be a good place to get the fat your body needs, not only for optimal health but for life itself. Every cell in your body contains saturated fat and cholesterol, which contribute to proper digestive function, growth and other essential processes.

Sources:
eurekalert.org
whfoods.com
westonaprice.org
theguardian.com

Natasha Longo has a master's degree in nutrition and is a certified fitness and nutritional counselor. She has consulted on public health policy and procurement in Canada, Australia, Spain, Ireland, England and Germany.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Butter. eggs, lard, all good for you in moderate dosses, not the man made garbage they sell the people.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I don't believe that I ever tried mangosteen. It fights cancer, scavenges free radicals, helps prevent diabetes, has anti-allergy and anti-inflammatory properties, . Boosts Heart Health, Bolsters Immunity, Aids Digestion and is a good source of vitamin C.

One serving size (100 grams) of fresh mangosteen contains about: (16)
•63 calories
•15.6 grams carbohydrates
•0.5 gram protein
•0.4 gram fat
•5.1 gram fiber
•7.2 milligrams vitamin C (12 percent DV)
•0.36 milligram iron (2 percent DV)
•50 IU vitamin A (1 percent DV)
•10 milligrams calcium (1 percent DV)

The Cancer-Fighting, Heart-Boosting Power of Mangosteen

https://draxe.com/mangosteen/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The juice is pretty good, but it's not imported here in fruit form, Star, and Dragon fruit either.
I like them all from the juice i have had, and teas.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I read a book last year about the berries of British Columbia. Many berries are poisonous to humans so you have to know which ones are edible. so many berried are so delicious. I do believe that they do tend to be packed with vitamin C too among other nutrients. I didn't know that grapes, pomegranets and bananas were berries. :dinner:

RANKED: The 17 most nutritious berries for you

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-ber ... ous-2016-7
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

To bad you can't get a lot of those mentioned in stores, or find a place in the wild with them in most places.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have been eating fruit and veggies to improve my memory but here is another very good reason to eat more fruits and vegetables. :thumbsup:

Eating Fruits and Veggies Makes You Happy
Posted on July 13, 2016 by Soren Dreier

A study of 12,000 people found that those who started eating more fruits and vegetables felt much happier.
Happiness benefits were detected for each extra daily portion of fruit and vegetables up to 8 portions a day. The well-being improvements occurred within 24 months.

The people who changed from almost no fruit and vegetables to eight portions a day experienced an increase in life satisfaction equivalent to moving from unemployment to employment.

“Eating fruit and vegetables apparently boosts our happiness far more quickly than it improves human health,” says Andrew Oswald, a professor at the University of Warwick. “People’s motivation to eat healthy food is weakened by the fact that physical-health benefits, such as protecting against cancer, accrue decades later.

“However, well-being improvements from increased consumption of fruit and vegetables are closer to immediate.”

The study involved an examination of longitudinal food diaries of 12,385 randomly sampled Australian adults over 2007, 2009, and 2013. The researchers adjusted the effects on incident changes in happiness and life satisfaction for people’s changing incomes and personal circumstances.

http://sorendreier.com/science-eating-f ... you-happy/

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2112309 ... u-happier/

A study of 12,000 people found that those who started eating more fruits and vegetables felt much happier.

Happiness benefits were detected for each extra daily portion of fruit and vegetables up to 8 portions a day. The well-being improvements occurred within 24 months.

The people who changed from almost no fruit and vegetables to eight portions a day experienced an increase in life satisfaction equivalent to moving from unemployment to employment.

“Eating fruit and vegetables apparently boosts our happiness far more quickly than it improves human health,” says Andrew Oswald, a professor at the University of Warwick. “People’s motivation to eat healthy food is weakened by the fact that physical-health benefits, such as protecting against cancer, accrue decades later.

“However, well-being improvements from increased consumption of fruit and vegetables are closer to immediate.”

The study involved an examination of longitudinal food diaries of 12,385 randomly sampled Australian adults over 2007, 2009, and 2013. The researchers adjusted the effects on incident changes in happiness and life satisfaction for people’s changing incomes and personal circumstances.

The results might be used by health professionals to persuade people to consume more fruits and vegetables.

Read More
Health Benefits of Papaya, ‘Fruit of the Angels’
“Perhaps our results will be more effective than traditional messages in convincing people to have a healthy diet. There is a psychological payoff now from fruit and vegetables—not just a lower health risk decades later,” says Redzo Mujcic, a research fellow at the University of Queensland and coauthor of the study published in the American Journal of Public Health.

The researchers think it may be possible eventually to link this study to current research into antioxidants that suggests a connection between optimism and carotenoid in the blood. However they caution that additional research is needed to establish a connection.