Earthquakes And Volcanoes

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Many believe that this supervolcano will go off in the near future

Yellowstone Supervolcano Alert: The Most Dangerous Volcano In America Is Roaring To Life

http://endoftheamericandream.com/

Right now, the ground underneath Yellowstone National Park is rising at a record rate.

In fact, it is rising at the rate of about three inches per year. The reason why this is such a concern is because underneath the park sits the Yellowstone supervolcano

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Earthquakes And Volcanoes

In the last 20 years or so, and sometime before the mas of magma has been rising, it's due by calculations of some, but it's hard to tell with only three mass ejections to make a correct guess.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Giant Crack Opens Up In Mexico

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm surprised that don't happen more here in the US, our underground aquifers are majorly overused.
One day it will happen, and massively.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Icelandic Volcano is About TO Blow !

We will soon find out how devastating this volcano is going to be. I hope it doesn't cause the people of Iceland too much hardship.

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/icel ... n-begins-1
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The Earthquake In California Might Just Be a Beginning

I have heard this dooom and gloom prediction about Clifornias San Andreas Fault for too many decades to lose any sleep over this one. I do however would be surprised if it will finally go in my lifetime.

Why The Earthquake Near San Francisco May Just Be The Start Of A Whole Lot Of Shaking

August 26, 2014 | Michael Snyder

If you thought that the earthquake that struck northern California on Sunday was something, just wait until you see what is coming in the years ahead. As you will read about below, we live at a time when earthquake activity is dramatically increasing.

This is especially true of the "Ring of Fire" which runs roughly along the outer perimeter of the Pacific Ocean. Approximately 81 percent of all big earthquakes occur along the Ring of Fire, and the entire west coast of the United States falls within the danger zone. Over the past few years, we have seen huge earthquake after huge earthquake strike various areas along the Ring of Fire, but up until now the California coastline has mostly been spared. However, there are indications that this may be about to change in a big way.

Early on Sunday, a 6.1 magnitude earthquake struck the heart of wine country. It was the largest earthquake to hit northern California in 25 years. More than 120 people were injured, scores of buildings were damaged and Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency.

It is being projected that the economic loss from this earthquake will exceed a billion dollars. Since the initial quake, there have been more than 60 aftershocks, and residents are very much hoping that the worst is over. The following is how the damage caused by the earthquake was described by CNN...

"Everything and everyone in Napa was affected by the quake. My house, along with everybody else's, is a disaster. It looks like somebody broke in and ravaged the place, room by room." said CNN iReporter Malissa Koven, who was awakened by the shaking at about 3:20 a.m.

"Anything and everything that could fall, did," she said.

The damage in Napa is "fairly significant," said Glenn Pomeroy, the CEO of the California Earthquake Authority, who surveyed the area Sunday afternoon.

"The downtown area is hardest hit, probably because of the age of construction down there," Pomeroy said. In the residential areas, he is "seeing a lot of chimneys that've come crashing down."

That sounds pretty bad, right?

But remember, this was only a 6.1 magnitude earthquake. As Wikipedia explains, a 7.0 magnitude earthquake would be many times more powerful...

The Richter magnitude scale (also Richter scale) assigns a magnitude number to quantify the energy released by an earthquake. The Richter scale is a base-10 logarithmic scale, which defines magnitude as the logarithm of the ratio of the amplitude of the seismic waves to an arbitrary, minor amplitude.

As measured with a seismometer, an earthquake that registers 5.0 on the Richter scale has a shaking amplitude 10 times greater than that of an earthquake that registered 4.0, and thus corresponds to a release of energy 31.6 times greater than that released by the lesser earthquake.

And the earthquake that happened on Sunday would not even be worth comparing to an 8.0 or a 9.0 quake. In fact, one study concluded that a 9.0 magnitude earthquake along the Cascadia fault could potentially produce a giant tsunami that would "wash away coastal towns"
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

One fault moves, another is under pressure, it just goes down the line.
I wouldn't be surprised at a 9.0

Magma has risen in the Icelandic Volcano, but I don't see it as much as a risk as other things happening like the methane Ice i have mentioned for years being messed with.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

lets hope it is more smaller quakes than the large ones.
I really hope people have plans, and escape areas.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Increasing Tremors Across Multiple States

I hope nothing too disasterous happens as things are going good for me.

Increasing Tremors Across Multiple States - Sign Of Something Bigger On The Horizon?

May 05, 2015 | Michael Snyder

Did you know that Michigan was just hit by the worst earthquake that state has seen in more than 60 years? In recent days, there has been a series of alarming earthquakes all over the United States.

Of course none of these earthquakes was anything like the massively powerful quake that just crippled the entire nation of Nepal, but many are concerned that these earthquakes could be a sign of what is to come.

All over the planet, seismic activity is increasing. In fact, I recently wrote about how the number of volcanoes erupting right now is greater than the 20th century
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Water drying out in the west can cause bad quakes, you need the liquid in the ground like a lubricant.
The underground water is being sucked dry by farming, and even golf courses, 14 in one county in California.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

i would also think that more water weight in the ocean from melting ice pushes down on the plates.
The ground would lift in the places with less ice, rebounding.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

What If Mount Rainier Erupted ?

The Most Dangerous Mountain In The United States: What Would Happen If Mt. Rainier Erupted?

July 02, 2015 | Michael Snyder

Is the next major volcanic eruption in the United States just around the corner? Mount St. Helens and the Yellowstone supervolcano get most of the attention, but many geologists are actually far more concerned about the potential danger that Mt. Rainier poses. It has been called a
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's a beautiful place there, but I would not live there. I would do everything I could to move away if i had family there.
I really wonder sometimes why people that know it's a volcano would move there.
I saw a documentary on the volcano once, the plans to escape was good, but only in a model.
One road blocked would cause thousands of lives.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This just happened. Scientists have found that eathquakes come in clusters and this one I imagine has nudges the west coast fault lines just a bit closer to erupting.

http://endtimeheadlines.org/2015/09/6-6 ... alifornia/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Nice, most normal people knew that for years. Of course they are in clusters, you bump the guy next to you he bumps the next.
In geological terms it's not always sudden, can be years, decades, or centuries from the binding up.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

We do appear to be living in interesting times.

One Of The Most Dangerous Volcanoes In North America Is Roaring To Life

November 03, 2015

Michael Snyder / End Of The American Dream

More than 25 million people live in the vicinity of North America’s 2nd-highest volcano, and in recent weeks this volcano has been steadily rumbling and has been spewing out massive amounts of black smoke and ash.

I have previously written about “the most dangerous mountain in the United States” (Mt. Rainier), but if the volcano that I am talking about today experiences a full-blown explosive eruption it could potentially be a cataclysmic event beyond what most of us would dare to imagine. Popocatepetl is an Aztec word that means “smoking mountain”, and it is also the name of a giant volcano that sits approximately 50 miles away from Mexico City’s 18 million residents.

“Popo”, as it is called by locals, was dormant for much of the 20th century, but it came back to life in 1994. And now all of this unusual activity in recent weeks has many wondering if a major eruption may be imminent.

Historians tell us that Popocatepetl had a dramatic impact on the ancient Aztecs. Giant mud flows produced by massive eruptions covered entire Aztec cities. In fact, some of these mud flows were so large that they buried entire pyramids in super-heated mud.

But we haven’t witnessed anything like that in any of our lifetimes, so it is hard to even imagine devastation of that magnitude.

In addition to Mexico City’s mammoth population, there are millions of others that live in the surrounding region. Overall, there are about 25 million people that live in the immediate vicinity of Popocatepetl. Thankfully, we haven’t seen a major eruption of the volcano in modern times, but at some point that will change.

As most of you already know, Mexico sits on the “Ring of Fire” that stretches along the outer rim of the Pacific Ocean. Over the past couple of years seismic activity throughout this area has started to really heat up, and according to Volcano Discovery there are dozens of volcanoes associated with the Ring of Fire that have recently erupted.

That is why so many people are alarmed about the very unusual activity that we began to see from Popocatepetl starting in mid-September. The following is from a report that was posted on September 23rd…

CENAPRED reported that during 16-22 September the seismic network at Popocatépetl recorded 15-89 daily emissions consisting of water vapor, gas, and sometimes ash; cloud cover often prevented visual observations. Variable nighttime or morning crater incandescence was observed most days, and 1-13 daily explosions were registered.

In recent days, the activity at Popocatepetl seems to be getting stronger and more intense. This next excerpt is from an article the Telegraph posted on October 21st…

Mexico’s Popocatepetl volcano put on a spectacular display as it spewed out huge clouds of ash in to the sky.

The volcano, which is 50 miles south east of Mexico City spat ash and smoke 2500 metres above the volcano’s crater.

Mexico’s volcano experts says the volcano had around 40 exhalations with a series a of rumblings in the past three months.

And just over the weekend there was even more activity. This is what the BBC reported on October 30th…

Mexico’s Popocatepetl volcano has erupted spewing ash and black smoke into the sky.

The volcano is located 50 miles (80 km) southeast of the capital, Mexico City.

Could all of this be the build up to a major event of some sort?

As I mentioned above, 18 million people live in Mexico City. And we do know that ash from Popocatepetl can reach Mexico City. In fact, this actually happened on a small scale back in 2013…

The Popocatepetl volcano just east of Mexico City has spit out a cloud of ash and vapor 2 miles (3 kilometers) high over several days of eruptions, and Mexico City residents awoke Saturday to find a fine layer of volcanic dust on their cars.

Mexico City is not in a particularly safe location. In addition to Popocatepetl, the city also sits in an area that is prone to experiencing earthquakes. One of these days we could see an event that could destroy much or all of Mexico City, and if that happened the entire economy of Mexico would immediately collapse and millions of refugees would start streaming north.

So ultimately Popocatepetl is not just a Mexican problem. If a major eruption took place, it would quickly become a U.S. problem too.

Speaking of the United States, the unprecedented earthquake swarm near San Francisco that I reported on the other day is getting even worse. The following comes from NBC News…

The earthquake swarms in one San Francisco Bay Area city keeps rising, and according to the US Geological Center’s past historical data, has shattered old records.

As of Wednesday, the USGS noted that San Ramon, about 45 miles from San Francisco had experienced 446 quakes, including 86 quakes that were a magnitude of 2.0 or higher, since Oct. 13. A total of 28 earthquakes have been documented alone since Tuesday.

San Ramon had previously set a record in 2003 when a swarm of 120 earthquakes struck there over 31 days.

And that is not the only unusual “shaking” inside the U.S. that is raising eyebrows lately. Not too far from Yellowstone, a giant crack in the ground has formed…

A dramatic crack has suddenly formed in the foothills of Wyoming‘s Bighorn Mountains that measures an impressive 750 yards long and 50 yards wide. It was discovered recently by surprised backcountry hunters who travel frequently to the area in search of game.

First reported by SNS Outfitter & Guides, a hunting company, on their Facebook page, the mammoth chasm appeared over the course of just a couple of weeks. It’s an impressive example of just how quickly very large geological events can occur under the right conditions.

“Everyone here is calling it ‘the gash.’ It’s a really incredible sight,” wrote SNS on the group’s Facebook page.

In just about every possible way that you can imagine, our world is becoming more unstable. In North America, we have been blessed with a long period of peace and prosperity, and we have had only a few major seismic events over the past several decades.

But now things are changing. The planet is starting to shake, and I believe that it is going to get a lot worse in the years ahead. And these great natural disasters that are coming will combine with all of the other major problems that we are currently facing to create something of a “perfect storm” which will bring our nation to its knees.

Read more at http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2015/N ... RasVVow.99
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It would be tragic, there really isn't enough preparation, or time to save many in affected areas.
Yellowstone it really don't matter, I think it would wipe out a good part of America, and cause famine that would kill millions more.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I friend of mine recently showed me a video showing reasons why the west coast should be getting some earthquake activity very soon. There certainly has be a lot of earthquakes lately. I might be a good time not to be living near the west coast. ....But they have been saying this for decades.

Seismologist Warns 'Catastrophic Mega Earthquakes' Are Coming

Why is the crust of the Earth shaking so violently all of a sudden? Over the past 48 hours, there have been five major earthquakes globally, and one prominent seismologist has declared that "catastrophic mega earthquakes" could be on the way.

In fact, seismologist Roger Bilham of the University of Colorado has made headlines all over the world by warning that "current conditions might trigger at least four earthquakes greater than 8.0 in magnitude".

If his projections are accurate, our planet could be on the precipice of a wave of natural disasters unlike anything that any of us have ever experienced before.

Since the beginning of 2016, south Asia has been hit by an unusually high number of large earthquakes, and this has scientists groping for an explanation. The following comes from the Express...

Scientists say there has been an above average number of significant earthquakes across south Asia and the Pacific since the start of the year.

The increased frequency has sparked fears of a repeat of the Nepal quake of 2015, when 8,000 people died, or even worse.

Roger Bilham, seismologist of University of Colorado, said: "The current conditions might trigger at least four earthquakes greater than 8.0 in magnitude.

"And if they delay, the strain accumulated during the centuries provokes more catastrophic mega earthquakes."

A single magnitude 8.0 earthquake in a populated area would be a disaster of historic proportions.

If we were to see four of them like Roger Bilham is projecting, that would be a complete and utter nightmare.

It is important to keep in mind that a magnitude 8.0 earthquake would be many, many times larger than the twin earthquakes that hit Japan earlier today...

A devastating 6.4-magnitude earthquake has struck Japan hours after a first which killed at least three and injured 19 others.

The quakes, which struck the south-western island of Kyushu, leveled more than a dozen homes, sparked fires and trapped several people under collapsed buildings.

Around 350 military personnel have been dispatched to aid the rescue effort, said Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga.

The first earthquake, measuring 6.5-magnitude, hit the south-east Asian country late on Friday, local time, according to the Japan Meteorological Agency.

On Thursday we also saw a magnitude 6.5 earthquake hit Vanuatu, and a magnitude 5.9 earthquake shook the southern Philippines...

A 5.9 magnitude earthquake hit off the coast of Mindanao early Thursday, April 14, seismologists said, with no damage or casualties immediately reported and no tsunami warning issued. The quake occurred at 2:21 am (1821 GMT Wednesday) off the coast of Zamboanga del Norte, with its epicenter at a depth of 15 kilometers, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) said.

And of course on Wednesday a huge magnitude 6.9 earthquake caused tremendous devastation in Myanmar...

A magnitude 6.9 earthquake struck Myanmar on Wednesday, causing tremors around the region, including in neighboring Bangladesh where scores were reported injured in stampedes and buildings were damaged. The quake, which took place at a depth of 134 kilometers (83 miles), hit some 400 kilometers northwest of Myanmar's capital Naypyidaw, according to the US Geological Survey (USGS), and was also felt in parts of India and China. There were no immediate reports of casualties, although the region where the earthquake hit has poor communications infrastructure like many of Myanmar's outlying provinces.

So why is this happening?

Why is Asia shaking so violently all of a sudden?

And does this shaking bode ill for other areas along the "Ring of Fire" including the west coast of the United States?

I think that it is important to point out that all of this shaking did not just begin this week. In fact, ever since the start of this calendar year there has been a lot of unusual earthquake activity all over Asia...

Just four days ago, on April 10, six people died in Pakistan when a 6.6-magnitude quake hit Kabul with aftershocks in India

Two days before, on April 8, there was a magnitude 4.2 earthquake in Nepal.

Nepal had suffered a larger 5.5 magnitude one on February 22.

A month before, on January 20, there was a 6.1-magnitude earthquake in China, and 16 days earlier 11 people died when a 6.7-magnitude earthquake hit Manipur in India.

In addition, let us not forget about all of the volcanic eruptions that have been in the news in recent weeks.

According to Volcano Discovery, 38 volcanoes around the globe are erupting right now. This is definitely an unusually high number.

In Matthew 24, Jesus warned us that there would be earthquakes in "divers places" just prior to His return. This is something that I discuss quite a bit in my new book. If we truly are in the times that the Bible refers to as "the last days", we should expect the shaking of our planet to continue to intensify.

If seismologist Roger Bilham is right and we do begin to see a series of absolutely massive earthquakes, that could dramatically change the course of world events literally overnight.

Even a single magnitude 8.0 earthquake in a major city in Japan, China or the United States would cause global markets to crash and would mean billions of dollars in economic damage.

So let us hope that the crust of our planet begins to stabilize, but let us also not ignore the warnings of the scientists.

What they are warning us about right now lines up perfectly with what Jesus warned us about nearly 2000 years ago, and that is a very sobering thing to consider.

Read more at http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/articl ... cBx9IHP.99