Maneaters

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Maneaters

Time for a nap I think.
Speaking of, we still have groundhogs running around here.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Maneaters

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Maneaters

I saw somebody being chased earlier on the news by a tiger, i guess this isn't it.

Here it is
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Maneaters

I actually hadn’t seen that video and had only seen the video you posted. I watched a documentary that said that about 300 people are killed by tigers by one park that was on the east coast of India every year since the Boxing Day tsunami in 3004. They all now are maneaters since. The two on the bike must have been terrified as was the guy in the video you posted.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Maneaters

I was surprised that this latest killing was done by a black bear though they can kill someone quite easily. https://ca.news.yahoo.com/woman-dead-be ... 27250.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Surprise a bear, make them feel threatened, if they have cubs near, you smell like good food, if they are injured, and or cant hunt good, you may be on the menu.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I imagine that there have been people go missing that nobody knows what happened to them that were actually killed and eaten by octopus or squid. The giant octopus off of British Columbia and Washington could do this. https://www.westernjournal.com/watch-oc ... ve-tribune

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

LOL, he made it mad, must have messed with it or something or it wouldn't have done that.
I have read that some of the north pacific giants will attack for little reason.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Gary Oak wrote: April 6th, 2021, 1:23 am I imagine that there have been people go missing that nobody knows what happened to them that were actually killed and eaten by octopus or squid. The giant octopus off of British Columbia and Washington could do this. https://www.westernjournal.com/watch-oc ... ve-tribune

Australians annoy everybody...No joke.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Are killer whales going to start putting humans in their diet ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

People, the other white meat :teehe:
I have to wonder was the sound of the engine annoying them, it had a whining sound that annoyed me.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well this is only an attempted man eating however as some say “it’s the thought 💭 that counts “.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I believe that's a Humboldt squid, and yes they will eat you.
They are aggressive, and even hunt in packs.
My guess is they are in the waters off Mexico, or near thereon the west coast.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I suspect that it’s likely that there have been some missing swimmers or divers who actually were eaten by humbolt squid.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh yes, they will pull you right out of a small boat, or take a swimmer.
Not all are that aggressive, but a lot are.
One show I watched about them years ago said they are a big nuisance, and overpopulated in some areas.
I would bet parts of them taste good with butter, and garlic. :)
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I am currently reading an interesting book The Art Of Hunting Big Game In North America by Jack O’Connor. On page 193 at the top of the page in the chapter on hunting grizzlies there’s an interesting story that may get lost to history. I will type the paragraph for all who are interested. An amazing piece of information about grizzlies is contributed by the late F. W. Bert Rigall, a pioneer rancher and outfitter in Twin Butte Alberta. Back in the 1890’s , he told me there was a great smallpox epidemic among the Stoney Indians who lived in the Rockies of southwestern Alberta and southeastern British Columbia. When a village get heavily infested, the Indians who were not yet stricken would ride off and leave the dead and dying to their fate. Grizzlies found they could invade the tepees to feed on the dead and dying. They got a taste for human flesh, and the next step was stalking and killing live and healthy Indians. So dangerous did those bears become that the tribe completely abandoned the country. When Rigall first settled there he found the trails all grown up and the older grizzlies still man eaters. He stopped two unprovoked charges within a few feet.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

You can shoot them in the heart, and they can still come kill you also. I think it's only 25% they need to come do that so they are tough animals.
I would think the natives would have known better than what they did.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

From what I read in Samuel Hearnes adventures across the Arctic the natives treated the elderly with disdain. They got to eat the scraps. They treated their women like slaves and sex slaves and had little regard for the environment shattering a number of woke fallacies.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Some cultures did that, but many did the opposite also.
Native Americans had that mix also. and no matter the good, or bad life wasn't easy.
Woman should to a point be worshiped by men if they are doing what is say natural to a woman.
Putting up with us is even more admirable as childish as we can be.

I tell you what, if I lived back then I would take all the woman treated bad by other tribes :)
:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

If it wasn’t for women then guys wouldn’t know that they were doing anything wrong.