Music thread

Civil discussion, and self moderation appreciated :-)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Music thread

I can't believe this song is as old as it is now, it seems like it was just a few years old, it's well over a decade now.
It's a shame there wasn't more songs like this from the group.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Micky Dolenz... :thumbsup:

The last surviving Monkey... :cry:

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Little Steven's Underground Garage... Former Coolest Song of the Week.... :thumbsup:

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

The Mavericks doing Springsteen.... I love these guys... :thumbsup:

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I may have posted this previously but it's worth a second go round...

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: August 31st, 2021, 8:06 pm
His voice, and music is a little like Lynyrd Skynyrd, and the Outlaws.
Maybe a pinch of Oakridge boys thrown in.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

This song was released the year I was born... I remember hearing it when I was very young, probably 4 or so. As I get older it kind hits home. You know your getting old when old songs like this bring back memories that cause tears to fill your eyes.... :( Man, gotta lay off the bourbon... :laugh:

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Another one from 1973... :thumbsup:

Enough now...Good night... :later:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Released in 1978 Jeff Wayne's War of the World's, with Justin Hayward... Forever Autum.

I first heard this when I was about 13 after discovering the album in my parents record collection. I couldn't stop listening to it for the longest time and to this day Richard Burton's narration and Hayward's angelic voice still gives me chills.

To be honest this musical version is still the best adaptation of the book. H.G. Wells book is still a thousand times more terrifying than any goofy movie or TV adaptation.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That rendition was very well done, i really enjoyed the screen show of it.
LOL, the big head talking was good also in the show.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: September 5th, 2021, 10:33 pm That rendition was very well done, i really enjoyed the screen show of it.
LOL, the big head talking was good also in the show.
I remember the big disembodied head just hanging there like a hot air balloon... :unsure:

I still can't decide if it was comical or creepy.... I think it was kinda both... :laugh:

As I said the musical is faithful to the book...I wish someone would make a movie that was true to the book and during the same time period of Victorian England... The back drop of the story is the extreme disparity between the two opposing civilizations and technologies that lends it self to an overall feeling of terror and hopelessness for the human race. The movies that were made were just basically goofy technofests... Special effects over shadowing an abortionized storyline and the series that has been running on cable is basically unwatchable crap.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The last one I saw came close, but then went off someplace else, I forget the characters since they where not known to me.
Jeff Wayne's version was impressive all around, and the music with it was a lot of it, quite impressive.
I had a copy of it, and still might, but I'm not sure where at the moment.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: September 6th, 2021, 11:03 am

The last one I saw came close, but then went off someplace else, I forget the characters since they where not known to me.
Jeff Wayne's version was impressive all around, and the music with it was a lot of it, quite impressive.
I had a copy of it, and still might, but I'm not sure where at the moment.
Wayne's version is almost an exact adaption of the original book. Its a first person narrative like the book.. The characters, time period and even the whole desperate terrifying atmosphere of the book is preserved.

The one with that beaver faced, clown, Tom Cruise was ridiculous and his annoying daughter played by Dakota Fanning was so obnoxious I wanted to slap her. It was just another Spielberg cash in film. Not even Tim Robbins could save it from being annoying. First of all placing that story in the present day is completely stupid as we know there is no life on Mars advanced enough to invade another planet. The whole premise was retarded. "Independence Day" made a decade earlier, was a much better alien invasion film.

The 1950s version was comicbook stupid. I guess the special effects for the time were impressive but that's about it.

The Epix series on cable is little more than the Walking Dead given an alien invasion make over... It's boring because it's been there, done that kind of rehash crap.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I like the 50s version most out of all of them minus Wayne's version, it's comic looking, but still as a kid it was something.
Of course I hadn't read the book, but back in the late 60s, early 70s it was quite interesting for a kid.

Wayne's I thought was pretty awesome, not only how it was done, but composed with the music, and theatrical.
I can't think of how it could be done better, even on the movie screen it would likely fall short.

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.