Music thread

Civil discussion, and self moderation appreciated :-)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Music thread

Where is he, the New York area ?
Who could he be watching, or looking for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMxHR3h79d8

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Here we are
Riding the sky
Painting the night with sun
You and I, mirrors of light
Twin flames of fire
Lit in another time and place

I knew your name
I knew your face
Your love and grace
Past and present now embrace
Worlds collide in inner space
Unstoppable, the song we play

Burn the page for me
I cannot erase the time of sleep
I cannot be loved so set me free
I cannot deliver your love
Or caress your soul so
Turn that page for me
I cannot embrace the touch that you give
I cannot find solace in your words
I cannot deliver you your love
Or caress your soul

Age to age
I feel the call
Memory of future dreams
You and I, riding the sky
Keeping the fire bright
From another time and place

I know your name
I know your face
Your touch and grace
All of time cannot erase
What our hearts remember stays
Forever on a song we play

Burn the page for me
I cannot erase the time of sleep
I cannot be loved so set me free
I cannot deliver your love
Or caress your soul so
Turn that page for me
I cannot embrace the touch that you give
I cannot find solice in your words
I cannot deliver you your love
Or caress your soul
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I hate to politicize the music, but it's relevant today.
So, who do you think was right in the American Civil war, and why ?
There is no wrong answer, just bad history teaching, and ideas.

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Eddie Van Halen has passed away at the age of 65 of cancer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.co ... cancer-65/
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well that's news, he was a big thing when I was in school still, and one of the best guitar players people said.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: October 6th, 2020, 7:52 pm Well that's news, he was a big thing when I was in school still, and one of the best guitar players people said.
Yup! Their album 1984 was quite popular among my classmates too, even though it was already a few years old by that time!

65 is pretty young. The guy was clean of booze and drugs for years, but still died young. They never got political either, unlike many other bands that can't keep their mouths shut! But I guess when your time is up, it's up!

I still remember the girl I had a crush on in Grade 7 would sometimes wear this shirt (or a very similar version)! I kind of miss the 1980's in a way... There really weren't any fags around, because they knew to keep their shit in the closet! People still knew their gender also! Boys were boys, and girls were girls, and that was simply the indisputable fact! Back then, we wouldn't have been able to even fathom such a thing as gender 'X' or special washrooms or safe spaces for this odd gender 'X'! :laugh: The 1990's was when freakishness really started to become acceptable in society, in my opinion!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I liked the 80s some, I had all the girlfriends I could handle :laugh:
Sad thing was I had no real money coming in from my lousy jobs so my car was always messing up on me.
Girls take a lot of money you know, and $25 dollars them was a good night out for us.

On Van Halen, Eddy was quite a jerk people may have forgotten, several of the band quit just because of him over the years.
1984 was likely their best album, Roth leaving ruined them for good after that. He was quite a pud also, but I don't blame him for it since he was the face of the band after that album.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: October 6th, 2020, 11:47 pm
Blue Frost wrote: October 6th, 2020, 7:52 pm Well that's news, he was a big thing when I was in school still, and one of the best guitar players people said.
Yup! Their album 1984 was quite popular among my classmates too, even though it was already a few years old by that time!

65 is pretty young. The guy was clean of booze and drugs for years, but still died young. They never got political either, unlike many other bands that can't keep their mouths shut! But I guess when your time is up, it's up!

I still remember the girl I had a crush on in Grade 7 would sometimes wear this shirt (or a very similar version)! I kind of miss the 1980's in a way... There really weren't any fags around, because they knew to keep their shit in the closet! People still knew their gender also! Boys were boys, and girls were girls, and that was simply the indisputable fact! Back then, we wouldn't have been able to even fathom such a thing as gender 'X' or special washrooms or safe spaces for this odd gender 'X'! :laugh: The 1990's was when freakishness really started to become acceptable in society, in my opinion!

1984 is and example of a Van Halen commercial and corporate rock success but not an example of their best work. "Jump" is probably one of the most overplayed and tired Van Halen tunes played on any classic rock station across the globe..

Their best work, IMHO is still "Women and Children First". That album is where the group really matures and cuts like "And the Cradle will Rock" and "Everybody wants some" are and always will be essential Van Halen tracks.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: October 7th, 2020, 2:29 pm I liked the 80s some, I had all the girlfriends I could handle :laugh:
Sad thing was I had no real money coming in from my lousy jobs so my car was always messing up on me.
Girls take a lot of money you know, and $25 dollars them was a good night out for us.

On Van Halen, Eddy was quite a jerk people may have forgotten, several of the band quit just because of him over the years.
1984 was likely their best album, Roth leaving ruined them for good after that. He was quite a pud also, but I don't blame him for it since he was the face of the band after that album.
If Eddie was a jerk he had a right to be...He was the the defacto band leader and had the right to take the band in any direction musically he wanted.. He was a very talented guy and wanted to branch out musically. Unfortunately he was faced with dealing with a lot of "ego" when it came to certain band members, David Lee Roth for an example...Dealing with that crazy asshole on a daily basis was probably frustrating as fuck. That guy is a no talent loud mouth in spandex and he road Eddie's coat tails into a short novelty solo career and then had the unmitigated gall to bad mouth the entire band.

Eddie Van Halen was not just a guitar player; he was one of the best rock guitar players in the world. Ask any guitar player that actually knows anything about the craft and they hold Eddie right up there with Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and Jimi Hendrix. In fact I think he is around number 7 or 8 on Rolling Stone's top 10 rock guitarists of a time. His death is huge blow to the music world especially since it is now so glaringly short on real talent.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm not saying Eddy wasn't good, he was really good, but not the best like a lot said.
Clapton also wasn't the best, and he actually sucked after he left the band Cream in my opinion.
Hendrix was highly overrated.
Popularity doesn't make the best, and that's how a lot pick them.

As for the guy being an A-hole, him, and Roth both where so they didn't work out, and both crashed when on their own.
Both complimented when playing together which made the album 1884 their best album.
Eddy wanted to push control, Roth wanted more credit, and more money of course.
Mel Gibson

It all came down to Eddie and Roth not agreeing which direction the band should take. While it was Eddie's band, Roth was instrumental in it's success. This happens quite often in many business-type scenarios... One guy wants to do one thing, and the other doesn't!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

From what I saw in the past interviews with them both they where jerks, Roth the louder one of them, but had good reason as did Eddy.
If they both just rolled with what they had it would have got better for them, and they would had made a lot more money.
I can see why they split though, both felt entitled, and like you said it happens.
A lot of bands did the same in the past, nothing new with them, but a shame since they had it on a roll at the time.

Sammy as much as I like his stuff just didn't cut it in my opinion, I think they just threw an album out there.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

interludable

[Verse 1]
Wond'ring aloud --
How we feel today
Last night sipped the sunset --
My hand in her hair
We are our own saviours
As we start both our hearts beating life
Into each other

[Verse 2]
Wond'ring aloud --
Will the years treat us well
As she floats in the kitchen
I'm tasting the smell, yeah
Of toast as the butter runs
Then she comes, spilling crumbs on the bed
And I shake my head

[Outro]
And it's only the giving
That makes you what you are
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.