It's Friday

Civil discussion, and self moderation appreciated :-)
Mel Gibson

It's Friday

Renee wrote: October 7th, 2019, 2:45 am Hawaiian pizza is not pizza. :kez:

Pineapple does not belong on pizza...I believe you get sent straight to hell for making an abomination like that. :o
There are no rules for pizza, except one: You top it with what you like, even if that includes pineapple. :angry:

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

It's Friday

Mel Gibson wrote: October 7th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Pineapple does not belong on pizza...I believe you get sent straight to hell for making an abomination like that. :o
There are no rules for pizza, except one: You top it with what you like, even if that includes pineapple. :angry:
There are rules for pizza... The major rule is that it is salty food..

If you want sweet, buy a cake.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

It's Friday

Renee wrote: October 7th, 2019, 5:40 pm
Odinson wrote: October 7th, 2019, 1:14 pm
Renee wrote: October 7th, 2019, 11:20 am
Odinson wrote: October 7th, 2019, 9:30 am I always order frutti di mare.

Its italian and means gay men of the sea.
That must be what you wish it meant... :laugh:

It actually just means "seafood". :kez:

frutti di mare frutti...is fried seafood, frutti di mare crudi...is raw seafood...etc.... :laugh:

Every once in a while I get a craving for a slice of anchovy pizza...I doesnt happen often but I love the salty taste.
frutti = fruits.
Di = Of the.
Mare = Sea.

Anchovy.. :yuk:

They put cinnamon on it... It always tastes like cinnamon.

I like cinnamon but it doesnt go well with a salty food.
That is the literal translation....but it still doesn't equate to "gay men of the sea"... :laugh:

The common english translation is "seafood".

I don't know WTF they do to pizza in Finland but there is NO cinnamon on anchovy pizza here in the US...Your pizza must be like what we mid Atlantic natives refer to as pretender pizza ... PINO...pizza in name only... :laugh:

The truth is there is no good pizza outside of the NYC Philly corridor......Even so called "Chicago" style pizza sucks in comparison.
Mamma mia!
Stronzo!

:teehe:

I´m confused... The "anjovis" we have in cans is not "anchovies".. Its a different fish packed in cinnamon/vinegar liquid.

I dont think I have ever tasted real anchovies which are called "sardelli" in here.

Our pizzas have less cheese on them.. More ingredients on them..

But you can have the yankee style cheese/grease slab from the turkish place at the centre....
They put more cheese in because cheese is cheaper than other ingredients.

You can also get moose meat, bear meat, reindeer meat pizzas.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

It's Friday

Odinson wrote: October 8th, 2019, 8:36 am

frutti di mare frutti...is fried seafood, frutti di mare crudi...is raw seafood...etc.... :laugh:

Every once in a while I get a craving for a slice of anchovy pizza...I doesnt happen often but I love the salty taste.
frutti = fruits.
Di = Of the.
Mare = Sea.

That is the literal translation....but it still doesn't equate to "gay men of the sea"... :laugh:

I don't know WTF they do to pizza in Finland but there is NO cinnamon on anchovy pizza here in the US...Your pizza must be like what we mid Atlantic natives refer to as pretender pizza ... PINO...pizza in name only... :laugh:

The truth is there is no good pizza outside of the NYC Philly corridor......Even so called "Chicago" style pizza sucks in comparison.
Mamma mia!
Stronzo!

I´m confused... The "anjovis" we have in cans is not "anchovies".. Its a different fish packed in cinnamon/vinegar liquid.

I dont think I have ever tasted real anchovies which are called "sardelli" in here.

But you can have the yankee style cheese/grease slab from the turkish place at the centre....

You might be confused with sardines. Those you don't want on a pizza either. They are very oily and have a gross silver skin on them.

Anchovy are small fish cut into thin strips. They are reddish in color, slightly fishy tasting and extremely salty. They are also used in traditional ceaser salad as part of the dressing. You can't put too many on a pizza nor can you eat more than a slice or two with them on it. Otherwise you will be so thirsty that you will be drinking water until you drown yourself.... :laugh:

Aren't your pizzas simply a type of unleavened flatbread? I think it's similar to "rieska".

Pizza is not pizza unless it is of neapolitan orign. Modern pizza originated in Naples. It came to North America in the late 19th century with the influx of Italian immigrants. Originally it was a simple tomato pie but by WWI it became the pizza we know today.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

It's Friday

Odinson wrote: October 8th, 2019, 7:23 am
Mel Gibson wrote: October 7th, 2019, 7:23 pm

There are rules for pizza... The major rule is that it is salty food..

If you want sweet, buy a cake.
You bet your ass there are rules for pizza....The reason why pizza gets worse and worse the further away from NYC you get is because of people who think like Mel.

In fact that awful abomination know as Hawaiian pizza is a Canadian invention... :yuk:

Thankfully I'm not alone in my disdain for Hawaiian pizza...a 2016 survey of US adults had pineapple in the top three least favourite pizza toppings. Small wonder why.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

It's Friday

Renee wrote: October 8th, 2019, 2:13 pm
Odinson wrote: October 8th, 2019, 8:36 am

frutti = fruits.
Di = Of the.
Mare = Sea.

Mamma mia!
Stronzo!

You might be confused with sardines. Those you don't want on a pizza either. They are very oily and have a gross silver skin on them.

Anchovy are small fish cut into thin strips. They are reddish in color, slightly fishy tasting and extremely salty. They are also used in traditional ceaser salad as part of the dressing. You can't put too many on a pizza nor can you eat more than a slice or two with them on it. Otherwise you will be so thirsty that you will be drinking water until you drown yourself.... :laugh:

Aren't your pizzas simply a type of unleavened flatbread? I think it's similar to "rieska".

Pizza is not pizza unless it is of neapolitan orign. Modern pizza originated in Naples. It came to North America in the late 19th century with the influx of Italian immigrants. Originally it was a simple tomato pie but by WWI it became the pizza we know today.
No.. "anjovis" means the canned european sprat packed in cinnamon/vinegar juice.

"anchovy" means sardelli... Sardelli is different from sardines... Sardines are called sardiini..
I have never tasted sardelli.

I dont know the specifics but the pizza bread looks the same as the NYC pizza breads... The pizzas look the same overall.

We dont have the same pizza as in Italy.. They make a different kind of pizza..

Post pics of the pizzas you mean when you say "real pizza".. :teehe:
Mel Gibson

It's Friday

Renee wrote: October 8th, 2019, 2:23 pm In fact that awful abomination know as Hawaiian pizza is a Canadian invention... :yuk:

Thankfully I'm not alone in my disdain for Hawaiian pizza...a 2016 survey of US adults had pineapple in the top three least favourite pizza toppings. Small wonder why.
Then explain why Hawaiian is the most popular pizza in Australia! Explain why Hawaiian is found on more pizza menus worldwide than any other type!

You cannot! In fact, you Yanks hate mushrooms on pizza too, but everyone with a refined palate knows that mushrooms absolutely belong on pizzas too!

Renee, you unrefined American scum! :toung:
Mel Gibson

It's Friday

This thread reminds me of 'The 'Burbs' sardine scene...

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

It's Friday

Mel Gibson wrote: October 8th, 2019, 8:39 pm
Renee wrote: October 8th, 2019, 2:23 pm In fact that awful abomination know as Hawaiian pizza is a Canadian invention... :yuk:

Then explain why Hawaiian is the most popular pizza in Australia! Explain why Hawaiian is found on more pizza menus worldwide than any other type!

You cannot! In fact, you Yanks hate mushrooms on pizza too, but everyone with a refined palate knows that mushrooms absolutely belong on pizzas too!

Renee, you unrefined American scum! :toung:
Most popular pizza in Australia....What the fuck is that?.... :spit:

Those uncouth slobs spread disgusting vegemite on white bread, eat it, and by some miracle, they don't puke their guts out....That just proves that Aussies will eat anything. Probably even dog shit... :laugh:

Hawaiian pizza is unadulterated pig swill....and BTW, so is poutine...French fries with cheese and gravey... :kez: .Pass the fucking meatloaf and the Kraft mac and cheese FFS.....talk about trailer park, white trash, slop.... :laugh:

I dont know who hates mushrooms on pizza because that is an old standard right up there with sausage and pepperoni.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's Friday

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

It's Friday

Renee wrote: October 8th, 2019, 9:17 pm I dont know who hates mushrooms on pizza because that is an old standard right up there with sausage and pepperoni.
From Wiki: A 2016 survey of US adults had pineapple in the top three least favourite pizza toppings, ahead of anchovies and mushrooms...

:angry:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

It's Friday

Blue Frost wrote: October 8th, 2019, 10:44 pm :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
Well we got one...but he eats Hawaiian ... go figure. :facepalm:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's Friday

I don't eat turds covered slugs, keep them away.

The Hawaiian pizza has to have the right components, and right crust to be good.
A sweet crust, and a sweet pizza sauce with just a little bite to it, most people don't use that when making them so they don't taste right.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's Friday

:laugh:
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Re: It's Friday

And now, for all you singles out there who are just dying to know who your special soulmate is...we bring you a test that if you can handle unicorns pissing syrup, and shitting chocolate ice cream and the obviously clued out girly way of thinking...this could really help you out. Right Blue? Renee, RV, Odi...

Becuz if you can handle this video, without gagging, you are definitely ready for houshold domestication, ( or many good beatings).
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

The hawaiian is definitely my favourite pizza. I'll order one with extra pineapples just to piss off the Italians, just as we did when the Canadians landed on their shores during WWII. Then I'll order a smaller one, maybe ham and mushroom because if you don't care if what you are eating is grown in shit, there is nothing so tasty as mushrooms fried and onions in vegetalble oil or alongside a nice porterhouse steak, medium well. :toung:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

beanthere wrote: March 27th, 2020, 11:59 pm And now, for all you singles out there who are just dying to know who your special soulmate is...we bring you a test that if you can handle unicorns pissing syrup, and shitting chocolate ice cream and the obviously clued out girly way of thinking...this could really help you out. Right Blue? Renee, RV, Odi...

Becuz if you can handle this video, without gagging, you are definitely ready for houshold domestication, ( or many good beatings).
I got 21, but yes this was gag awful watching :laugh:
I think I may have a stalker :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

beanthere wrote: March 28th, 2020, 12:10 am The hawaiian is definitely my favourite pizza. I'll order one with extra pineapples just to piss off the Italians, just as we did when the Canadians landed on their shores during WWII. Then I'll order a smaller one, maybe ham and mushroom because if you don't care if what you are eating is grown in shit, there is nothing so tasty as mushrooms fried and onions in vegetalble oil or alongside a nice porterhouse steak, medium well. :toung:
Funny you brought this stuff back up, I just finished off some pineapple pizza goodness :teehe: and yes, extra pineapple is great to add on a pizza.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: March 28th, 2020, 12:40 am Funny you brought this stuff back up, I just finished off some pineapple pizza goodness :teehe: and yes, extra pineapple is great to add on a pizza.
Pineapple Pizza is even worse than a 9mm handgun, and if Renee had her way, you'd be deported to Canada... :toung:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

beanthere wrote: March 27th, 2020, 11:59 pm And now, for all you singles out there who are just dying to know who your special soulmate is...we bring you a test that if you can handle unicorns pissing syrup, and shitting chocolate ice cream and the obviously clued out girly way of thinking...this could really help you out. Right Blue? Renee, RV, Odi...

Are there any adults out there that can actually get through that video?....If there are, I would like to meet them......And KILL them.

Seriously, it was obviously made for prepubescent girls. It was definitely Jr. HS material.

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.