Wish us luck...

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Mel Gibson

Wish us luck...

Trudy has promised some changes to our gun laws. Tomorrow is supposed to be the day when we find out what, if any, these changes are going to be. Should be interesting... We have managed to remain the most 'free' out of any Crown Colony currently, but we'll see what happens shortly!

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Wish us luck...

Good luck...You'll need it.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Mel Gibson

Well, 1,500 different guns prohibited overnight! The vast majority are semi-automatic "assault style" rifles. Even Mini-14 & 30 are now prohibited. Interestingly enough, Russian SKS's are still allowed, as well as a few others. Prohibited list may include them in the future.

No more rifles chambered in .50BMG.

Buy-back program in the works. There will be a two-year amnesty.

Grandfather clause in the works, meaning you can keep these guns in your house, but you cannot use them. Destroyable upon your death, with the possibility to transfer them to immediate family upon death.

Compliance rate may be questionable, since many of these now banned guns were classified as non-restricted before, meaning registration wasn't required, meaning the government doesn't know who owns what.

Handguns are still safe, for now...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

And how many people killed with those guns :kez:
That 50 bmg is a major issue, so many of Trudy's Muslim friends killed in Iraq, and Afghanistan by them, gotta ban them in Canada because they could be an issue in the year 2525.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: May 1st, 2020, 8:34 pm And how many people killed with those guns :kez:
That 50 bmg is a major issue, so many of Trudy's Muslim friends killed in Iraq, and Afghanistan by them, gotta ban them in Canada because they could be an issue in the year 2525.
Legal "AR-style" firearms owned by legally licensed gun owners are just not a problem here. Although some may look "scary," these new bans are nothing more than an attempt for Trudy to garner more votes from his fan base. Quite literally the solution to a problem that didn't exist in the first place!

They managed to kill the .50BMG simply by implementing a ban on any firearm that chambers ammo that has more than 7,400 ft-lb of muzzle energy...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

If there was a ban it should be on people like him, and his supporters.
Gun crime is only stopped by people with guns, and good parenting helps a lot also.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Now I'm wondering if I should buy a cheap Russian surplus SKS before they ban those too!
Mel Gibson

This managed to avoid the ban also, for now!

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: May 1st, 2020, 9:28 pm Now I'm wondering if I should buy a cheap Russian surplus SKS before they ban those too!
I don't know about Kanuckistan but in most gun unfriendly US states, the SKS is considered a historical curio so they may be safe for a while

There are no cheap "Russian" SKS rifles on the market anymore. They used to be like $100 bucks just 15 years ago but prices have been steadily climbing. You used to be able to buy them by the box load but sources have dried up more recently.

If you can find a Russian SKS you're going to pay over $450 US for it, maybe more....Thats very steep considering what a piece of commie dog shit it is....Chinese norinco made versions are cheaper but I worry about the pinned barrel. The Yugoslavian type 59 is probably the best deal. I have one that is in very nice shape. They are as close to the Russian SKS as you can get....Only drawback is the barrels are not chrome lined so check the bore before you buy.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I used to see the sks for $35 when younger, you buy so many you would get one free. i would take one just to have it, but it wouldn't be a priority buy.
that GSG MP 40 would be fun maybe, comes in a 9mm, and 22.
I have a GSG 22, and it's nice, i would give it to you Mel if I could.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 3:12 pm I used to see the sks for $35 when younger, you buy so many you would get one free. i would take one just to have it, but it wouldn't be a priority buy.
I used to see Russians for about $75 to $100 and you could get them by the case load. The Chinese versions were 50 bucks before their importation was banned in the 1990s. The early Chinese military type 26 are good rifles but even those are getting expensive. The ones to avoid are the Norinco SKS rifles that are cobbled together from spare parts. They generally have stamped receiver parts and pinned rather than threaded barrels. A lot of people say they are fine but I think they are shit.

The Yugoslavian tyle 59 or 59/66 are also getting expensive and it's getting hard to find a good one with a good bore. Many of them I have seen are leftovers from the Balkan War and look like they have been run over by a truck. They saw action with many of the militia groups and were not taken very good care of.

The Russian SKS is now highly sought after by collectors and they are getting ridiculous prices for them.
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 10:23 am There are no cheap "Russian" SKS rifles on the market anymore. They used to be like $100 bucks just 15 years ago but prices have been steadily climbing. You used to be able to buy them by the box load but sources have dried up more recently.

If you can find a Russian SKS you're going to pay over $450 US for it, maybe more....Thats very steep considering what a piece of commie dog shit it is....Chinese norinco made versions are cheaper but I worry about the pinned barrel. The Yugoslavian type 59 is probably the best deal. I have one that is in very nice shape. They are as close to the Russian SKS as you can get....Only drawback is the barrels are not chrome lined so check the bore before you buy.
Canada has cheap Russian SKS's for sale. Easily found for under $300 CDN at most online gun stores. $279 CDN = $195 USD They're a very popular rifle here because of the low price...

Chinese SKS's go for around $160 USD here, so a bit cheaper. (Although I have an aversion to many things China)

Yugoslavian SKS's sell for $795 CDN ($560 USD), so those aren't so cheap here compared to the other two for some odd reason, but I do know they're not as commonly seen here.

That said, I'm sure there's going to be a lot of panic buying now, so of course supply/demand will I'm sure come into play now, as the store below is already "out of stock"...

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 6:04 pm
Blue Frost wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 3:12 pm I used to see the sks for $35 when younger, you buy so many you would get one free. i would take one just to have it, but it wouldn't be a priority buy.
I used to see Russians for about $75 to $100 and you could get them by the case load. The Chinese versions were 50 bucks before their importation was banned in the 1990s. The early Chinese military type 26 are good rifles but even those are getting expensive. The ones to avoid are the Norinco SKS rifles that are cobbled together from spare parts. They generally have stamped receiver parts and pinned rather than threaded barrels. A lot of people say they are fine but I think they are shit.

The Yugoslavian tyle 59 or 59/66 are also getting expensive and it's getting hard to find a good one with a good bore. Many of them I have seen are leftovers from the Balkan War and look like they have been run over by a truck. They saw action with many of the militia groups and were not taken very good care of.

The Russian SKS is now highly sought after by collectors and they are getting ridiculous prices for them.
I never really wanted one, I was after a lot better guns back them, and still am.
I'm getting rid of some old junk guns, let someone that might appreciate the gruesome old things have them. :teehe:
I was talked into buying an Ak a few years ago, it's gotta go.
i should have bought a good sks instead.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 7:34 pm
Renee wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 10:23 am There are no cheap "Russian" SKS rifles on the market anymore. They used to be like $100 bucks just 15 years ago but prices have been steadily climbing. You used to be able to buy them by the box load but sources have dried up more recently.

Canada has cheap Russian SKS's for sale. Easily found for under $300 CDN at most online gun stores. $279 CDN = $195 USD They're a very popular rifle here because of the low price...

Chinese SKS's go for around $160 USD here, so a bit cheaper. (Although I have an aversion to many things China)

Yugoslavian SKS's sell for $795 CDN ($560 USD), so those aren't so cheap here compared to the other two for some odd reason, but I do know they're not as commonly seen here.

That said, I'm sure there's going to be a lot of panic buying now, so of course supply/demand will I'm sure come into play now, as the store below is already "out of stock"...

You are right... I'm afraid you're going to find a lot of that "out of stock" shit. Panic buying of guns is a real thing. We have seen it here since 2008 when Odumbo took office. Every time there is even a rumor of more gun control here, guns fly off the shelves.

Obama was the best gun salesman in US history... :laugh:
Mel Gibson

Groups are going to try to fight this in our courts. Part of the issue is Trudy did this via Order in Council (equivalent to US Executive order), so a sneaky move...
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: May 9th, 2020, 8:17 pm Groups are going to try to fight this in our courts. Part of the issue is Trudy did this via Order in Council (equivalent to US Executive order), so a sneaky move...
So not surprising this piece of antigun legislation was the M.O. of liberals everywhere.

"I'm frightened of guns so no one can have them"...The liberal mind is an immature mind where fear, loathing, panic and emotional rhetoric rules the day.

If these types of people weren't so repulsive, I might actually pity them. But that will never happen because as everyone on these forums know, I have no pity in my heart for anyone... :laugh:

Good luck to the Canadian organizations trying to fight this but if public sentiment is not with them it will be a losing battle. As you know, you have no right to own a firearm in Canada. Your rights are government granted and can be taken from you at the whim of the tyrants in Ottawa.

At least here in the US we have the 2nd Amendment to fall back on...But even with that in out corner, a fat lot of good it does for us in many cases. Our firearms rights are constantly under attack from special interest money that controls the political left. The reprehensible leftwing politicians see an armed population as the last and final threat to their absolute power so they use the guise of public safety to control the sheep and the idiots among us. Make no mistake,...your boy leader and his sissified minions are doing the same thing.
Mel Gibson

An update, if anyone cares: Not a peep from our Government on what's next. Nothing. I don't think they know what to do now...

Pretty well every semi-automatic center-fire long gun with a detachable mag was banned. Handguns are not affected, yet.

Current owners can still legally posses their newly banned guns, but only at home. They cannot buy, sell, or transport them (unless moving to a new address).

No word on buybacks, and nothing about any Grandfathering processes.

In limbo right now...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Since government don't know about some guns I bet a lot are sold anyhow, or gave to younger family.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: July 25th, 2020, 4:29 pm Since government don't know about some guns I bet a lot are sold anyhow, or gave to younger family.
Most weren't registered, so I think many may be lost in tragic accidents where they recently fell off the boat accidentally into deep waters... :wink:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:teehe: Damn robbers broke in for mine, shame on them.