concerns about my ability to operate power tools

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

concerns about my ability to operate power tools

:teehe:

Inspired by Mel:

Well I'm not all here anymore when it comes to seeing, or my ability to maintain a stable thought in my head to let people know.
I have some tools I need to sell off since I will not use them, or ever used most of them.
I gotta find someone who does woodwork.

Also I have others I need to keep since I still use them occasionally, and might use them today if I can get my head together.

So, anyone do woodwork on here, or home repair stuff, or even work on cars much ?
I honestly wish I could get rid of it all, I hate working on cars anymore, and it's depressing for me to do woodworking.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: concerns about my ability to operate power tools

I have had injuries doing all that stuff over the years, a lot of smashed fingers, drilled halfway through a finger, got some nasty big splinters, set my hair on fire welding :panic: :woot: man that hurt.
One of the worst was using a wood lathe, the wood shot out, and hit me in the gutt, it was bleeding, and I had a big bruise that lasted for well over a month.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

You must be talking to me. Doing all that crap is just a part of my life. I work as a maintenance man. Then, I live in an old condo unit, drive 2 older cars, it seems to me sometimes, the whole world needs fixing and everyone is expecting me to do it. As for physical issues, I've bashed my head countless times getting into small spaces, I once had a 1inch auger on a half inch drill and the thing jammed, bounced back, I must have pressed the trigger lock button in that split second and so this evil entity swung back, tried to drill a big hole in my shoulder, but it got wrapped in my shirt sleeve instead leaving me with a very nasty bruise but not much else. Probably the worst is when I would take a ceiling tile down without a dust mask. I sometimes have issues breathing and I think that's got something to do with it. Or maybe it's just all the chemical fumes I have breathed over the course of my working life. This is from a guy who used to teach WHMIS.
Mel Gibson

Blue, it would be logistically cost-prohibitive to ship those items north of the border... Your best bet would be to find someone local.

But I agree in that if you don't need things anymore, you should find a new home for your stuff. When my parents died, they left an entire middle-class house full of stuff for me to deal with. Even the charities were picky, not even wanting 95% of the items... I was shocked as to how picky a charity that furnishes rooms for battered women were. One couch was too "old," but even though it was 20 years old, it looked like brand new. They didn't want it.

I invited some friends and neighbours to pick through some things, but the fact is that most people already have what they need, and they took very little even though it was 100% free.

I had to pay a company thousands of dollars to clean the stuff out of that house, which they tossed into a demolition bin. It was one of the hardest things I've ever watched, and really goes to show what happens to the stuff you've acquired all throughout life: Most ends up in a landfill.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel I feel you, I had to help a few times with people, and their stuff, my dads included.
I'm in the process of trying to get rid of things myself so my family wont have to do it so much with my stuff.
I know I wont be here long, and I rather find out what they want to keep now instead of after I leave.
I still need a lot of my stuff, but a lot I don't.
Luckily most the stuff I own I'm keeping people want.

The tools i just need to get off my butt, and list on Creggs list, a lot of it is new stuff, but out of box, some is in the box still.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

beanthere wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:18 pm You must be talking to me. Doing all that crap is just a part of my life. I work as a maintenance man. Then, I live in an old condo unit, drive 2 older cars, it seems to me sometimes, the whole world needs fixing and everyone is expecting me to do it. As for physical issues, I've bashed my head countless times getting into small spaces, I once had a 1inch auger on a half inch drill and the thing jammed, bounced back, I must have pressed the trigger lock button in that split second and so this evil entity swung back, tried to drill a big hole in my shoulder, but it got wrapped in my shirt sleeve instead leaving me with a very nasty bruise but not much else. Probably the worst is when I would take a ceiling tile down without a dust mask. I sometimes have issues breathing and I think that's got something to do with it. Or maybe it's just all the chemical fumes I have breathed over the course of my working life. This is from a guy who used to teach WHMIS.
I did the maintenance thing myself for a while, it was pretty nice being it made you feel like your own boss.
Always something new, and to figure out also.

I'm getting worse, burned my finger yesterday, spilled gas on my shirt, and got my hand smacked when a cord got caught, and I yanked it loose. :wacko:
Today i wont be doing much, just that stuff got to me, and it wasn't much, just putting things away, and trashing some of it.

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 12:08 pm :teehe:

Inspired by Mel:

Well I'm not all here anymore when it comes to seeing, or my ability to maintain a stable thought in my head to let people know.
I have some tools I need to sell off since I will not use them, or ever used most of them.
I gotta find someone who does woodwork.

Also I have others I need to keep since I still use them occasionally, and might use them today if I can get my head together.

So, anyone do woodwork on here, or home repair stuff, or even work on cars much ?
I honestly wish I could get rid of it all, I hate working on cars anymore, and it's depressing for me to do woodworking.
Check organizations like the Disabled War Veterans. They will take things like tools and household items you don't want....If you have expensive stuff or stuff worth money....power tools, etc list them on Ebay. You might pick up a few bucks and you can put it toward a new gun... :thumbsup: .Or many times there are local groups on Craigslist where you can list them with for sale.

The neighborhood I live in has a Facebook page as does the town and people are always selling or just plain trying to get rid of shit through that....I no longer keep a Facebook page but I do keep tabs on what is going on in the neighborhood and the town.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

This is stuff for sale, it's some good tools, most new.
I figure creggss list, or something like that, I wont use Ebay, or facebook.
Some of the tools are pretty good sized like a dovetail machine, and the routers.
The toolbox with full of bits is big also.

I don't use the stuff, and lost interest in trying, and I know none of my family would use them.
Like you said, I could buy a gun, or guns :teehe:
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

I've bought tools off of Craigslist before. If you know what your looking for, and what is a good deal and what isn't. If you don't need much for them and just want to get rid of them, you could sell them to a pawn shop, Or work a trade, tools for guns.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Mel Gibson wrote: February 24th, 2021, 5:49 am Blue, it would be logistically cost-prohibitive to ship those items north of the border... Your best bet would be to find someone local.

But I agree in that if you don't need things anymore, you should find a new home for your stuff. When my parents died, they left an entire middle-class house full of stuff for me to deal with. Even the charities were picky, not even wanting 95% of the items... I was shocked as to how picky a charity that furnishes rooms for battered women were. One couch was too "old," but even though it was 20 years old, it looked like brand new. They didn't want it.

I invited some friends and neighbours to pick through some things, but the fact is that most people already have what they need, and they took very little even though it was 100% free.

I had to pay a company thousands of dollars to clean the stuff out of that house, which they tossed into a demolition bin. It was one of the hardest things I've ever watched, and really goes to show what happens to the stuff you've acquired all throughout life: Most ends up in a landfill.
Charities will usually take wood furniture but not upholstery of mattresses. This is because, half the time, the upholstered furniture that arrives at the doors of a thrift store contain hoards of bugs of one kind or another, and then the whole store gets infested. Since they don't have the time or resources to deal with that kind of thing, they will politely decline.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

beanthere wrote: February 24th, 2021, 11:50 pm I've bought tools off of Craigslist before. If you know what your looking for, and what is a good deal and what isn't. If you don't need much for them and just want to get rid of them, you could sell them to a pawn shop, Or work a trade, tools for guns.
The tools are worth quite a bit, and some in the boxes, and new, I don't want full price for them, but I'm not giving them away.
If someone in the family would want them they could have them, or a good friend, but not just anyone.
I might see if I can let my sister sell them, and she can have a cut :think: she might do that.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

beanthere wrote: February 24th, 2021, 11:57 pm
Mel Gibson wrote: February 24th, 2021, 5:49 am Blue, it would be logistically cost-prohibitive to ship those items north of the border... Your best bet would be to find someone local.

Charities will usually take wood furniture but not upholstery of mattresses. This is because, half the time, the upholstered furniture that arrives at the doors of a thrift store contain hoards of bugs of one kind or another, and then the whole store gets infested. Since they don't have the time or resources to deal with that kind of thing, they will politely decline.
I had to tell my mother to stop buying stuff from the junk stores made of fabric, the smell, and chance of bugs is just something we don't need.
I would suggest anyone who buys clothing, or something like that to take it to the laundry mat to wash it first, and dry it before taking it home.