..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: ..Guns Guns & More Guns

It would be nice to use a hunting bow or an air-rifle for hunting.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Just malignant Urban Renewal refugees from nearby slums in Loserville.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: January 13th, 2021, 10:30 am It would be nice to use a hunting bow or an air-rifle for hunting.
Some of the air rifles you can use arrows in them, you also have slingshots made for arrows.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Shoots arrows also, $800.

Mel Gibson

Was just browsing for a decent high powered .22 air rifle, and they're pretty much all sold out of the good ones! This wasn't the case the last time I checked... Since many of the decent ones come from Germany, I'm guessing Covid is creating some supply issues.

I'd rather wait and get the one I want, as opposed to settling for what remains in stock.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I want bigger than the .22 myself, and don't blame you for waiting, I would also for what I want.
I need a good system of filling a tank up for them, I'm not sure if my air compressor would do it properly.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: January 14th, 2021, 9:28 am I want bigger than the .22 myself, and don't blame you for waiting, I would also for what I want.
I need a good system of filling a tank up for them, I'm not sure if my air compressor would do it properly.
You want a PCP air rifle? Your compressor will not work! Your compressor probably tops out at 150 PSI or less... PCP guns need 3,000 PSI!

Many guys just use a SCUBA tank to fill their guns. SCUBA tanks are filled to 3,000 PSI.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My compresses tops at about 350 I believe, it's a medium sized one. i used to have a bigger compressor, but but it was an old 40s model, and I couldn't get parts for it after it burned up, I think it toped around 700.
It sounds like a lot of money now just for getting set up for one so maybe Ill have to go back to my usual guns.
Mel Gibson

Ya, PCP air guns are for people that take air gunning very seriously... I don't want to mess around with 3,000 PSI SCUBA tanks!

Spring or Nitro Piston break-barrel designs are what I'd stay with. Much simpler.

You live in the US though, and as such your laws are much more forgiving if you simply decide to shoot a real firearm in your backyard. .22 Shorts are probably quiet enough to do that!

Unfortunately in this country there is a tremendous difference in legal ramifications between getting caught shooting an air gun where one shouldn't, and shooting a firearm where one shouldn't: The former isn't a big deal, most likely a by-law warning or fine at the most if the municipality doesn't permit backyard air gun shooting... The latter is almost always an instant Canadian Criminal Code charge, which can have very serious repercussions.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh it's serious here as well if caught doing that now, but sometimes it happens anyhow :roll: not sure who would do such a thing though :unsure:

Yeah 3000 lbs is quite a bomb if the seals get weak, or the welds.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Special Forces pulls new pistols from service after soldier injured in misfire
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/specia ... -1.5897942
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It was stupid getting a Sig in the first place, and all about who got paid off.
We should be using our own home made guns, and proven ones.
The government warehouses are full of old 1911s, they just needed to refit them, or unpack all the old stock new ones.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 5th, 2021, 1:47 pm It was stupid getting a Sig in the first place, and all about who got paid off.
The government warehouses are full of old 1911s, they just needed to refit them, or unpack all the old stock new ones.
Bottom line is the P320 has safety problems that SIG has known about for years and covered it up so they could garner lucrative miltary contracts... This news is about the last thing the firearms industry needs right now. Another load of ammunition for the anti-gun loons to claim that the firearms industry is evil and uninterested in producing a safe product...Truthfully I hope SIG gets sued off the planet for this.

I also agree with you....The best combat sidearm is still the 1911 or Browning Hi-power. They are dead on reliable and easy to shoot...Unfortunately single action autos require a bit more training to master and they scare a lot of candy ass people....Also a lot of people are afraid of the .45 ACP. They are afraid of the noise and the recoil but most of that is all psychological. Plus the .45 is more effective than the niggra 9 despite what Mel will tell you.

Governments love to spend money...especially the miltary...They are so afraid that someone, "the enemy" whoever that is, will get something better, more deadly, more effective, etc. Most of it is bullshit as a side arm is chickenshit in the grand scheme of issued weaponry. It's just another excuse to spend tax money in order to keep their yearly budgets growing.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

accountable also are the people choosing the weapons, they should be held accountable.
They take bribes, and "gifts" from the companies to be seen, or if no gifts you wont be seen in the lineup.
I know since the Kreg Rifle this has gone on, and likely since the military started.
The ones going to use them should be choosing them, bot the bean counters, and upper brass that get stuff for choosing.

I really hope the soldier wasn't hurt badly, and disfigured, I have not followed up on it yet to see.

I do own a 92F Beretta, it's not a gun i would want in battle even though I love the thing, it's a Yuppy gun to say the least.
And the reason you touched on about "Candy Asses" that was the main reason they got away from the .45, many Women hated it, and the girly men with small hands did.
The good old people picking a new gun also had to have the cool new gun at the time even though it was not a battle ready gun. Palms greased by Beretta.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 8th, 2021, 9:24 pm accountable also are the people choosing the weapons, they should be held accountable.
They take bribes, and "gifts" from the companies to be seen, or if no gifts you wont be seen in the lineup.
I know since the Kreg Rifle this has gone on, and likely since the military started.
The ones going to use them should be choosing them, bot the bean counters, and upper brass that get stuff for choosing.

I really hope the soldier wasn't hurt badly, and disfigured, I have not followed up on it yet to see.

I do own a 92F Beretta, it's not a gun i would want in battle even though I love the thing, it's a Yuppy gun to say the least.
And the reason you touched on about "Candy Asses" that was the main reason they got away from the .45, many Women hated it, and the girly men with small hands did.
The good old people picking a new gun also had to have the cool new gun at the time even though it was not a battle ready gun. Palms greased by Beretta.
It was all about standardization around the 9mm. NATO and the US wanted a standard 9mm platform for their sidearms so they went to the Eurotrash companies and Beretta got the bid. It had to be a grease job because as you say, the Beretta 92 is not exactly made for the kind of environment you find on the battlefield. The tolerances are very tight and because of that open slide they are prone to failure because dirt, sand and debris fouls up in the action.

Why they just stay with the Browning hi-power defies logic. As the 9mm goes,...the Browning hi-power is a far better weapon and it has proven itself everywhere on the globe in every environment. From the jungles of Shri Lanka and Indonesia to the frozen Russian steps, it's still the best 9mm combat handgun available and I don't care what anyone says about Glock or SIG or H&K or any other handgun...The hi-power has done it all, long before any of the POS, plastic, striker fired, modern wonders appeared on the scene. Anything other than a phaser is just reinventing the wheel... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I like how SIg always dogged the 45, bu they are making it now, it sells because it works, and people still love the round.
When they started using the 9mm, and choose the Beretta someone got paid, that open slide is, and was a great mistake obvious to anyone.
Also stopping power, any Army that is afield today has body armor that beats the round, why even consider it is what I wonder.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Renee wrote: February 8th, 2021, 2:52 pm
Blue Frost wrote: February 5th, 2021, 1:47 pm It was stupid getting a Sig in the first place, and all about who got paid off.
Bottom line is the P320 has safety problems that SIG has known about for years and covered it up so they could garner lucrative miltary contracts... This news is about the last thing the firearms industry needs right now. Another load of ammunition for the anti-gun loons to claim that the firearms industry is evil and uninterested in producing a safe product...Truthfully I hope SIG gets sued off the planet for this.

I also agree with you....The best combat sidearm is still the 1911 or Browning Hi-power. They are dead on reliable and easy to shoot...Unfortunately single action autos require a bit more training to master and they scare a lot of candy ass people....Also a lot of people are afraid of the .45 ACP. They are afraid of the noise and the recoil but most of that is all psychological. Plus the .45 is more effective than the niggra 9 despite what Mel will tell you.

Governments love to spend money...especially the miltary...They are so afraid that someone, "the enemy" whoever that is, will get something better, more deadly, more effective, etc. Most of it is bullshit as a side arm is chickenshit in the grand scheme of issued weaponry. It's just another excuse to spend tax money in order to keep their yearly budgets growing.
The Niggra 9? Is this the preferred weapon of the inner city youth gang banger? :roll: :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It used to be the a smaller caliber back when I was a kid, but in the 80s it turned to the 9mm.
Mel Gibson

beanthere wrote: February 9th, 2021, 11:34 pm The Niggra 9? Is this the preferred weapon of the inner city youth gang banger? :roll: :laugh:
It's the preferred calibre for the masses who value a cartridge that's just as effective as the .45, while being attractively priced, and that permits higher magazine capacities.

Only people like Renee would have you believe any different. She's living in the past... Like 100 years in the past! :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

i love my 9mm Mel, but it's not as effective at taking people down as a .45.
Accuracy, and cost is much better than .45 if that's what you are claiming, but the shooter is part of the accuracy part as well.