..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: ..Guns Guns & More Guns

I suspect that if that twelve year old didn’t have a gun his mental issues would be worse and much worse for his mom.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Of course, but it didn't happen that way.
The hero stuff will help till he is alone, and thinks about it.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: July 13th, 2021, 8:09 pm :laugh:
The meme is backwards...The white dumbass liberal is more often than not the type to fall for gun control schemes...White liberals are the real enemy of liberty and everything American and they have taught their kids to be the same kind of dangerous moron.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ill take some Sprite, I don't drink the stuff, but it's good to have around :teehe:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Just got back from the trap range....A real shit night...Made a huge mistake by pulling my old Remington 3200 competition trap out of the safe...I haven't shot that monster in over 10 years and it showed...A 19 and a 21 were my best scores...Absolutely disgraceful :(
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:30 pm Just got back from the trap range....A real shit night...Made a huge mistake by pulling my old Remington 3200 competition trap out of the safe...I haven't shot that monster in over 10 years and it showed...A 19 and a 21 were my best scores...Absolutely disgraceful :(
Don't feel bad! Years ago I occasionally went to a popular spot in the bush where we could shoot here. I'd sometimes bring clay pigeons and a thrower, and create what's probably closest to 'Sporting Clays' if you will...

I've always sucked at moving targets compared to most others, and I accept that (I'm great at slow moving or stationary objects though)... My buddy was always pretty proficient at it though, and could probably be competitive at it should he wish to be so.

So we're doing our thing, and another dude comes up with a pistol-grip shottie asking to join. Of course he can. Firing from the hip, this fucker managed to hit all my clays. To this day I don't know how he managed to do so, while my bud couldn't with a 'regular' shotgun.

I would say skill, but there must've been a lot of luck involved in that also. I still won't forget that day!

Shotgunning isn't an 'exact' thing, which is why I suck at it... Some people thrive where others don't!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:30 pm Just got back from the trap range....A real shit night...Made a huge mistake by pulling my old Remington 3200 competition trap out of the safe...I haven't shot that monster in over 10 years and it showed...A 19 and a 21 were my best scores...Absolutely disgraceful :(
That's a lot better than I could do right now with one, it's all comes down to range time, and practice.
Also a gun you haven't used in that long might as well be a new one when it comes to shooting it.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Mel Gibson wrote: July 24th, 2021, 2:34 am
Don't feel bad! Years ago I occasionally went to a popular spot in the bush where we could shoot here. I'd sometimes bring clay pigeons and a thrower, and create what's probably closest to 'Sporting Clays' if you will...

I've always sucked at moving targets compared to most others, and I accept that (I'm great at slow moving or stationary objects though)... My buddy was always pretty proficient at it though, and could probably be competitive at it should he wish to be so.

So we're doing our thing, and another dude comes up with a pistol-grip shottie asking to join. Of course he can. Firing from the hip, this fucker managed to hit all my clays. To this day I don't know how he managed to do so, while my bud couldn't with a 'regular' shotgun.

I would say skill, but there must've been a lot of luck involved in that also. I still won't forget that day!

Shotgunning isn't an 'exact' thing, which is why I suck at it... Some people thrive where others don't!

"The Force Mel. You must learn to let go and 'feel' the clay pigeons. Use your instincts..."

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

True That :teehe:

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: July 25th, 2021, 9:56 am
That's a lot better than I could do right now with one, it's all comes down to range time, and practice.
Also a gun you haven't used in that long might as well be a new one when it comes to shooting it.
Yeah but I'm used to a 23 as an average. It's been a long time since I've scored below a 19. The people I usually squad with crush clays....Most of them are ATA registered and shoot several times a week. In fact, a few of them are planning on going to the Grand American ATA shoot in Illinois this August.

As you say switching to a gun that I haven't shot in a decade was probably a big part of the problem... But then again two weeks ago I took that new ATA to the range and shot a 21 and a 22 right out of the box.... :unsure:

I'm just going to chaulk it up to a bad night and this week I will go back to my Merkel 200ET.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

beanthere wrote: July 25th, 2021, 10:57 am
Mel Gibson wrote: July 24th, 2021, 2:34 am

"The Force Mel. You must learn to let go and 'feel' the clay pigeons. Use your instincts..."

Amusing as you may think this is, shooting is to a large degree "instinctual" or "intuitive". There are entire schools of shotgun shooting devoted to teaching pupils how to intuitively track and follow targets not just with their eyes and body but with their minds as well...In any clay busting game, be it trap, skeet, sporting clays or 5 stand, part of good consistant mechanics, is seeing with the minds eye where you should break the bird in any given situation or angle of flight before you pull the trigger.

Now that can easily be construed as channeling some kind of "force" provided by the God's of gunpowder and lead.... :laugh:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Americans Vincent Hancock, Amber English share podium on golden day for USA Shooting

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/8089648002
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Three teenagers broke into a house while a seventeen year old was home alone.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It doesn't matter much what they where shot with, especially when they are dead.
They broke in, they deserved being killed.
I have AR-15s, I have a 357 Revolver right here by my side, and a shotgun, they come in, they die they deserve it.
The shoot them in the leg stuff will get you killed, not many people hit what they aim for anyhow like in the movies.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 5:15 pm It doesn't matter much what they where shot with, especially when they are dead.
They broke in, they deserved being killed.
I have AR-15s, I have a 357 Revolver right here by my side, and a shotgun, they come in, they die they deserve it.
The shoot them in the leg stuff will get you killed, not many people hit what they aim for anyhow like in the movies.
"Could he have just shot them in the legs"???...Pure neophyte ignorance.. :kez: ... I often wonder where do these idiots come from? In what dumbass factory are these morons screwed together?... :kez:

If you are going to pull the trigger you shoot for center mass... That whole shoot to wound an attacker is absolute idiocy and anyone who says shit like that just looks stupid. By attempting something stupid like that you are not only putting your life in jeopardy but you are opening your self up to civil liability and possibly criminal prosecution. It says that maybe your life wasn't in danger and you were just being criminally negligent of malicious.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yeah, and let them live so they can sue you in a liberal court.
Sorry, but if I'm pulling to shot someone, I mean it, and I'm trying to kill them same as police do.
It's more than idiotic to say shot them in the leg, but I think she may have been putting that point out there, not sure though.

I do remember that one sniper shooting the gun out of a persons hand once, but we are not all snipers, or have training constantly like that.
He was lucky even.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Snipers have a lot of time.

You dont have time when there are assailants inside your home.